Home

DavonBrown's Sliders

This is a discussion on DavonBrown's Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #57
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: DavonBrown's Sliders

Gonna try these out right now. I'm so desperate to find a good set it's killing me. Default is just un-bearable with the CPU shooting somewhere around 70% every game. Pared's tweaks are good but the CPU still hits everything. I went with playmakers sliders for a while but they were WAY too predictable each and every game. The CPU came out hot, got a lead on me of about 25 points and I wold come back to win by an average of six points. This happened every game

I'm praying these give me some kind of variety.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #58
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Well after one quarter of play I am absolutely dumbfounded at how much the CPU dominates play with these. Here are some stats that stick out to me.

Score: Jazz(Me) - 16 ...... Rockets(CPU) - 45

What?

FG%: Jazz - 23% ...... Rockets - 60%

Jared Jeffries and Yao Ming combined for 4 three's... Okay...

Please don't say it was bad D on my part, I smothered them, absolutely smothered. They hit whatever they wanted to hit and there was no stopping them. But me, nooo I couldn't hit the ocean.

I also noticed it's impossible to get to the hole, impossible. D-Williams couldn't drive on ANYONE. And I mean NO ONE. Not Brooks, not Yao and not even the greatest defensive player in the world Jared Jeffries. Not kidding this guy was playing like Michael Jordan on both ends of the court.

Not too be rude but may I ask why your sliders favor the CPU so much? I'm am in no means a bad player, iv'e been playing 2K basketball since the first one on the dreamcast. This is the first year iv'e actually had to use sliders because default settings are so terrible. I was a bit skeptical when I first saw these and you left CPU 3's at 50 and only lowered their other shot ratings by a few clicks. I still can't understand why the HUM ratings are so low also.

I mean I couldn't hit ANYTHING. Wide open with D-Will, Korver, anyone. I couldn't even use Carlos Boozer or Millsap effectively because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get into the post with anyone.

I really really really don't mean to come off as being a jerk, but this game has me so frustrated at the moment. Like I want it to be so good, I really do. But when the CPU makes EVERYTHING on any setting, any difficulty level and any sliders it just drives me bonkers. Thanks for your hard work on these though
Old 02-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 22

I don't know what to tell you. I have never had any of those problems and no-one using them has complained about any of those things. Sliders favor the CPU because I like more of a challenge. I can still shoot around 47% and keep the CPU at 50% or below. I also have no problem going right around big men with faster players. I'm actually thinking of moving up to All-Star.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #60
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
Also, I'd recommend charging fouls at 95 and shooting fouls at 75. I had all my fouls at 100 too but I was seeing too many bs fouls where players would just throw up a shot and get a foul. And also with charging at 95, it stops the occasional bs where they call chargers when the guy is still moving.....all my other fouls are still at 100 except the reaching foul which I also have at 75...

I love the hands at 0....Its funny when my friends come over and try to force passes into the paint and it goes right outta bounds, lol....

I still get plenty of fouls also between 25-30 sometimes...
isnt the hand sliders for deflecting passes?..not the actual ability to catch passes..
Old 02-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #61
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
isnt the hand sliders for deflecting passes?..not the actual ability to catch passes..
It's definitely ability to catch passes. Try it out, at zero you will see a lot of passes go right through guys' hands, especially if trying to force a lead pass to a big man towards the basket. It's great, leads to a lot more non-steal turnovers which helps gets it up to a realistic amount.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
According to the description 2K gives for the hands slider, but it's really just players' ability to catch the ball. With the slider at 0 I've noticed that everyone on my team drops an insane amount of passes, and it drives me crazy.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Davon...Have you used these with a player lock or my player?

Do you recommend any tweaks if I'm a pg on player lock?

I played with them yesterday....my opponent was cold as ice 1st half, then the CPU totally went nuts in the 2nd half and made it a great game. I lost.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 22

I didn't even know you could use sliders in My Player. You could boost on ball defense or raise your defensive assist in the controller settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »