Home

Just Play 2k13 Sliders

This is a discussion on Just Play 2k13 Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #25
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Just Play 2k13 Sliders

great sliders and all, I'm feeling how fluid the gameplay actually is. also, the balance of the PIP & Fouls tend to happen is great.

I have noticed that the CPU hardly makes any offensive mistakes & they seem to be way to sharp & in sync on offense. either their offense has to be lowered or the USER teammates have to get smarter cuz its very tough to stop the CPU..".

"Dunk ons" happen way to often still, even though they are executed by star players (Bron, Wade & Bosh) dunking on players shouldnt happen that often in a 48min game.

the CPU fastbreaks are crazy... they seem to all be Jason Kidds on the open court...

I'm still testing with the new tweaks.

Last edited by iameich; 08-17-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #26
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameich
great sliders and all, I'm feeling how fluid the gameplay actually is. also, the balance of the PIP & Fouls tend to happen is great.

I have noticed that the CPU hardly makes any offensive mistakes & they seem to be way to sharp & in sync on offense. either their offense has to be lowered or the USER teammates have to get smarter cuz its very tough to stop the CPU..".

"Dunk ons" happen way to often still, even though they are executed by star players (Bron, Wade & Bosh) dunking on players shouldnt happen that often in a 48min game.

the CPU fastbreaks are crazy... they seem to all be Jason Kidds on the open court...

I'm still testing with the new tweaks.
I might just lower the Attempt Dunks sliders significantly all together, that way the ABILITY for the Dunk On is there, but it doesn't happen as OFTEN.

And the fast break play by the CPU is intended. Its way too easy to stop the CPU fast breaks usually, so I like when I slack on getting back on D and pay for it. haha. All though, yeah the Pass Accuracy being so high probably gives an advantage to the CPU, but there is such a flaw in the passing system of this game that much can't really be done to create realistic passing feel WITHOUT raising the Accuracy of passes.

And yes, it is VERY tough to STOP the CPU. I have found with these sliders, I need to adjust my defensive schemes consistently to keep up with the flow of the offense, which is realistic. If teams are killing you from the outside, then switch to a 2-3 zone for a few plays, see how that pans out. Also, don't forget to pick your defensive strategy as well (Lock Down Paint, Constant Pressure, etc.) Usually ONE SET defensive play (be it Man to Man, or Zone) or ONE SET strategy (be it Lock Down Paint or Focus On Stars) won't work all game. You'll have to adjust with what the offense is doing.

I think we're moving in the right direction here, its just getting the right values for everything to create simulation play. Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad your enjoying the project for the most part!

Last edited by StraightBaylien; 08-17-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #27
MVP

iameich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightBaylien
I might just lower the Attempt Dunks sliders significantly all together, that way the ABILITY for the Dunk On is there, but it doesn't happen as OFTEN.

And the fast break play by the CPU is intended. Its way too easy to stop the CPU fast breaks usually, so I like when I slack on getting back on D and pay for it. haha. All though, yeah the Pass Accuracy being so high probably gives an advantage to the CPU, but there is such a flaw in the passing system of this game that much can't really be done to create realistic passing feel WITHOUT raising the Accuracy of passes.

And yes, it is VERY tough to STOP the CPU. I have found with these sliders, I need to adjust my defensive schemes consistently to keep up with the flow of the offense, which is realistic. If teams are killing you from the outside, then switch to a 2-3 zone for a few plays, see how that pans out. Also, don't forget to pick your defensive strategy as well (Lock Down Paint, Constant Pressure, etc.) Usually ONE SET defensive play (be it Man to Man, or Zone) or ONE SET strategy (be it Lock Down Paint or Focus On Stars) won't work all game. You'll have to adjust with what the offense is doing.

I think we're moving in the right direction here, its just getting the right values for everything to create simulation play. Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad your enjoying the project for the most part!
just trying to help out any way that I can my dude. I'm a fan of all these rosters...

If those aspects of the game that I just pointed out become a trend, I'll let u know asap. Hopefully that will help u out a bit in future tweaks.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #28
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

Quote:
just trying to help out any way that I can my dude. I'm a fan of all these rosters...

If those aspects of the game that I just pointed out become a trend, I'll let u know asap. Hopefully that will help u out a bit in future tweaks.
And its greatly appreciated! If you do play a game, and if you have time of course, would you mind posting some stats here so I can see how the game played from a numbers stand point? I always see that my games have high Points in the Paint numbers, also semi HIGH FG% for me, but that might just be because I don't EVER settle for the outside jumper. I drive in and kick out for an outside jumper, other wise I'm banging in that paint. haha. Thanks again for your detailed feedback man, loving it.

ALSO, make sure you're playing with the NEWEST sliders, which I have NOT yet uploaded to 2k share. Pretty much just some small changes to the original ones, but still a noticeable difference.

TESTING: PHI (USER) vs NYK (CPU) now. I'll post stats in a little bit.

Last edited by StraightBaylien; 08-17-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #29
MVP

iameich's Arena

Quote:
And its greatly appreciated! If you do play a game, and if you have time of course, would you mind posting some stats here so I can see how the game played from a numbers stand point? I always see that my games have high Points in the Paint numbers, also semi HIGH FG% for me, but that might just be because I don't EVER settle for the outside jumper. I drive in and kick out for an outside jumper, other wise I'm banging in that paint. haha. Thanks again for your detailed feedback man, loving it.

ALSO, make sure you're playing with the NEWEST sliders, which I have NOT yet uploaded to 2k share. Pretty much just some small changes to the original ones, but still a noticeable difference.

TESTING: PHI (USER) vs NYK (CPU) now. I'll post stats in a little bit.
no problem. I will definately do that later today for u...

I'm still trying to get used to this roster/sliders so I'm assuming thats the reason why I've been getting whooped by the CPU no matter if I'm at home or away & using Miami.

yeah, I definately make sure I'm using the latest tweaks from your first page of this thread... I always make sure b4 i test that all the settings/sliders/rotations are all set.

btw, I have been playing with my own rotations being that the ones posted by vtcrb are for association. I only play QP games so i set my rotations according to NBA .com.

enjoy ur game man, goodnight.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #30
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

Quote:
no problem. I will definately do that later today for u...

I'm still trying to get used to this roster/sliders so I'm assuming thats the reason why I've been getting whooped by the CPU no matter if I'm at home or away & using Miami.

yeah, I definately make sure I'm using the latest tweaks from your first page of this thread... I always make sure b4 i test that all the settings/sliders/rotations are all set.

btw, I have been playing with my own rotations being that the ones posted by vtcrb are for association. I only play QP games so i set my rotations according to NBA .com.

enjoy ur game man, goodnight.
Yeah, the sliders definitely take getting used to, as is the case with virtually every slider set. You get to know what passes you can and can't make, what you have to do to slow down the CPU's Fast Breaks, what is technically a good look, etc.

And yeah, rotations aren't mandatory for Quick Games, though the Roster is not really made for Quick Games either so that might be a reason you are having some troubles.

I suggest setting up a Playoff Mode or a Season Mode so you can get Player Speed down to 0 which I think really brings out some of the great animations and speed differentials in this Roster. Season is especially fun because you can set it up, with full rotations, and just play the games you find appealing. I usually pick the lesser team, or if I FIND they are evenly matched, I'll be the road team.

Just a few suggestions for ya.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #31
MVP

iameich's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, the sliders definitely take getting used to, as is the case with virtually every slider set. You get to know what passes you can and can't make, what you have to do to slow down the CPU's Fast Breaks, what is technically a good look, etc.

And yeah, rotations aren't mandatory for Quick Games, though the Roster is not really made for Quick Games either so that might be a reason you are having some troubles.

I suggest setting up a Playoff Mode or a Season Mode so you can get Player Speed down to 0 which I think really brings out some of the great animations and speed differentials in this Roster. Season is especially fun because you can set it up, with full rotations, and just play the games you find appealing. I usually pick the lesser team, or if I FIND they are evenly matched, I'll be the road team.

Just a few suggestions for ya.
thanks…

I wonder why 2K added the option to adjust player speed & game speed in every other mode except QP 0_o
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #32
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

Quote:
thanks…

I wonder why 2K added the option to adjust player speed & game speed in every other mode except QP 0_o
I heard that if you adjust the Player Speed in Association, then save your Profile that it translates into Quick Play, but I have not tested this, so it could all be hearsay...

PHI (USER) vs. NYK (CPU)

Notes from the game:

Defensive Clinic. Both teams were atrocious from mid range and 3 because of great perimeter defense/defenders on both teams. Points in the paint were high in terms of the totals, but not in terms of %. We had 12 Blocked shots in this game, 4 coming from Marcus Camby alone. Chandler had 1 as well, but he fouled out about halfway through the 4th.

Jason. #$%^ing. Kidd. I have never felt so threatened by a PG that didn't score the ball. His passing was deadly. This game mirrored realism in the fact that it seemed like Kidd's superior court vision really increased the quality of the look as opposed to when Felton was in. In 25 minutes played, Kidd had 8 PTS, 8 AST, 5 REB and a steal. Classic Kidd. Felton had 7 PTS (on 3-11 shooting) with only 1 AST.

High Rebounding Numbers. Obviously if both teams miss more than their share of shots, the rebounding numbers are gonna sky rocket. Since both teams shot either under 40% or slightly above, the rebound numbers were high, especially with glass eaters like Bynum, Camby, Chandler and Hawes in the game. Hell even STAT looked focused on the glass... All of them had great rebounding numbers...

Bynum 12 REB
Camby 12 REB
Stoudemire 10 REB
Hawes 9 REB
Chandler 7 REB

Remember... Chandler was in foul trouble most of the game and only saw 20 minutes of playing time. Imagine if he'd played 30-35 minutes...

High Turnover Differential. I should have taken better care of the ball, but then again it was hard to force New York to make mistakes when they have the tandem of Kidd and Felton versus my tandem of Holiday and rookie Wayns. Tell me who would average more turnovers. haha. Turner was a main ball handler through most of Holiday's time sitting, but he couldn't find his shot and rushed things at times.

Overall, a great feeling game, did not see much I wanted to change. I noticed that only 1 alley oop was thrown. A great one, at that (Kidd backdoor to Amare) and only one DUNK ON occured which was Anthony on the break over rookie Wayns. Realistic. I'm gonna try and play a game versus whoever Miami has coming up to see how their offense flows with the new tweaks, but I am pretty confident that it will be a CHALLENGE! haha

Last edited by StraightBaylien; 08-17-2012 at 11:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »