Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Don't know what to tell ya. What attribute was it? How much did you raise it? If the overall changed, then something changed to change that. Did you scroll all the way over to make sure? Again I don't know what to tell ya.
I changed the strength slider and one other one but can't remember. The overall rating did change but the individual rating did not. I noticed ratings change throughout the game even if a slider hasn't been touched. I think it might be when guys get tired
Old 10-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Forgot to ask. What about the tendencies sliders? If I change the CPU tendencies this won't effect User vs User games on OA's right?

Thanks again.. and go kings!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the hard work Jason. This being said, if you don't want CPU to have advantage and keep ratings normal you just play on pro?
Old 10-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #20
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle45
I changed the strength slider and one other one but can't remember. The overall rating did change but the individual rating did not. I noticed ratings change throughout the game even if a slider hasn't been touched. I think it might be when guys get tired
With each slider there is a dead zone, so far its been usually 49 - 51 dont change the ratings, sometimes it will change a rating a point but not all the time. And yes, fatigue will lower ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsWeaponX
Forgot to ask. What about the tendencies sliders? If I change the CPU tendencies this won't effect User vs User games on OA's right?

Thanks again.. and go kings!
Right, CPU should not, again should not, effect UvU games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake214
Thanks for the hard work Jason. This being said, if you don't want CPU to have advantage and keep ratings normal you just play on pro?
Correct or as said, lower the attribute sliders to negate out the artificial boost.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #21
Rookie

This is really a nice find. So say, if i play on Hof and Lower the slider that corresponds to their attribute slider to a pro-like(default) rating. will it be just like your just playing on pro? So WHY PLAY ON HOF/SUPERSTAR IF YOU WOULD JUST EDIT THE SLIDER??Im saying this all the time(get banned also) and apparently this could be a justification of what im saying.LOL to those slider editor.

ILL KEEP TRACK on this thread.. Really really good find. anyway im playing all star/12/sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #22
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
This is really a nice find. So say, if i play on Hof and Lower the slider that corresponds to their attribute slider to a pro-like(default) rating. will it be just like your just playing on pro? So WHY PLAY ON HOF/SUPERSTAR IF YOU WOULD JUST EDIT THE SLIDER??Im saying this all the time(get banned also) and apparently this could be a justification of what im saying.LOL to those slider editor.

ILL KEEP TRACK on this thread.. Really really good find. anyway im playing all star/12/sim.
Rating wise, yes. (The roster ratings would be what they are, no boost for the CPU)

But remember that the USER will still be playing on HoF timing windows instead of Pro, so it will be harder, but a realistic 'unboosted' CPU hard. Where your stick skills really come into play.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Rating wise, yes. (The roster ratings would be what they are, no boost for the CPU)

But remember that the USER will still be playing on HoF timing windows instead of Pro, so it will be harder, but a realistic 'unboosted' CPU hard. Where your stick skills really come into play.
Thanks to this. Ill try to mesh around with this a little. play on HOF with UNBOOSTED rating against playing on pro in default(sim slider).defense is so wide in Pro(thats why i play all star).i wish i could get good result(defensively for the AI).
Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Glancing through this, basically we probably should play the game on Pro level - the level it seems the game was programmed it and if we wanted to make the game more difficult we should boost attributes 50-60 range? Or if on Allstar, lower the attributes to -5 if we want the players true ratings to play our realistically?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »