Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #25
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

What about the shooting and Free Throws ratings ? Any Change Or Just the Attributes ?

Thanks for the great finding and research.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Which proves my theory that anything beyond Pro doesn't seem right to me. I've been saying it over on Punt's thread... that's why I refuse to go beyond Pro.

Great thread. I rated it 5/5 stars.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

OP what sliders should be adjusted to negate the SIT/SOD and Ball security boost? those are the rating that still have boost. cant say anything, JUST WOW 2k,after editing sliders in HOF. Big big boost for the AI.

Heres what i come up with to negate Hof AI boost
quickness 42
vertical 42
strength 42
stamina 50
speed 43
durability 50
hustle 42
ball handling 42
hands 30
dunking ability 43
onball defense 42
stealing 40
blocking 42
OA 30
DA 30
OR 40
DR 40
Consistency 50
Fatigue rate 57
Injury Freq 50
Injury Sev. 50

Note: ball security/SIT/SOD are still boosted - cant figure which slider to be adjusted
I tested the Mavs(no floor general in starting lineup). but OJ mayo has boost in Overall rating maybe because of the other 3 attributes that are not yet negated.ill try to play this later after laundry.

Last edited by papaey; 10-30-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #28
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
Thanks to this. Ill try to mesh around with this a little. play on HOF with UNBOOSTED rating against playing on pro in default(sim slider).defense is so wide in Pro(thats why i play all star).i wish i could get good result(defensively for the AI).
Thanks. I still need to get a game or two in to look at reaction times and overall gameplay, I've haven't had time quite yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Glancing through this, basically we probably should play the game on Pro level - the level it seems the game was programmed it and if we wanted to make the game more difficult we should boost attributes 50-60 range? Or if on Allstar, lower the attributes to -5 if we want the players true ratings to play our realistically?
Not necessarily, Pro still has pro reaction times and then so on... HOF is still technically the hardest as the timing windows are the smallest for releases, steals, blocks and probably some more (on ball d contact animations maybe?).

For each difficulty level you go up, you would need to lower the attributes of the CPU down, to negate difficulty CPU boost, lower all these attributes to 46 or 47 for AS, 45 for SS, 43 for HoF. I have not had time to go into the game and check those to make sure everything is negated or not yet. So they could be off a click or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyknoxx
What about the shooting and Free Throws ratings ? Any Change Or Just the Attributes?

Thanks for the great finding and research.
Player preference still, the window timings for perfect releases on all the type of shot releases are a lot smaller on HoF, so it will come down to what feels best for you and of course some statistic feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrSong
Which proves my theory that anything beyond Pro doesn't seem right to me. I've been saying it over on Punt's thread... that's why I refuse to go beyond Pro.

Great thread. I rated it 5/5 stars.
The different difficulties still adjust AI (CPU reaction times) and also USER timing windows. So negating the boost in player ratings it should make just the AI show instead of the BS that comes with CPU 'magic' due to the inflated ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
OP what sliders should be adjusted to negate the SIT/SOD and Ball security boost? those are the rating that still have boost. cant say anything, JUST WOW 2k,after editing sliders in HOF. Big big boost for the AI.

Heres what i come up with to negate Hof AI boost
quickness 42
vertical 42
strength 42
stamina 50
speed 43
durability 50
hustle 42
ball handling 42
hands 30
dunking ability 43
onball defense 42
stealing 40
blocking 42
OA 30
DA 30
OR 40
DR 40
Consistency 50
Fatigue rate 57
Injury Freq 50
Injury Sev. 50

Note: ball security/SIT/SOD are still boosted - cant figure which slider to be adjusted
I tested the Mavs(no floor general in starting lineup). but OJ mayo has boost in Overall rating maybe because of the other 3 attributes that are not yet negated.ill try to play this later after laundry.
Doesn't ball security change with handles?

I don't think there will be anything we can do unfortunately. It looks like 2k made some extra ones that we can't mess with, I don't mind these really though as we are still talking about NBA players ya know. I'm gonna be getting a few games in to see what if plays like.

Thanks for compiling that list there.

I'm also gonna take a look at tendencies to see if there is anything we can get from the sub menu, player card menus to see if the tendencies change at all with the diff. changes and then slider wise.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:34 AM   #29
Rookie

i always play at home.

Just finished a Hof/negated attribute/12 game. i would definitely stick to this. still like a Hof feel but the cheating of the AI is gone. The ball security is associated in hands attribute. however if it goes lower than what i posted, the hands will be marked as red.

Really thanks to this. especially that the season opener roster update will be available soon.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #30
Rookie

that's all very interesting - thanks for posting. this makes me wonder - if one human were to play against another human with the second human having coach mode turned on (on say superstar or hof), would the cpu coach mode team get a boost?

well, i don't have 2k13 installed anymore... i went back to 12 a week ago due to frustrations. but anyway, i played a game vs a second human on coach mode and it played out pretty smooth on all star - i didn't notice any speed boosts or rebounding shenanigans... it was really fun for a change. could be placebo and the fact i was in a good mood, but that's how it went. i was also able to get double teaming to work this way (vs a human on coach mode). which as awesome.

maybe someone could test this out on 2k13...

Last edited by lostsoul; 10-30-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:30 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

does changing cpu tendencies affect any ratings? like i want the cpu to shoot more threes but not necessarily have a higher 3pt rating..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #32
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul
that's all very interesting - thanks for posting. this makes me wonder - if one human were to play against another human with the second human having coach mode turned on (on say superstar or hof), would the cpu coach mode team get a boost?

well, i don't have 2k13 installed anymore... i went back to 12 a week ago due to frustrations. but anyway, i played a game vs a second human on coach mode and it played out pretty smooth on all star - i didn't notice any speed boosts or rebounding shenanigans... it was really fun for a change. could be placebo and the fact i was in a good mood, but that's how it went. i was also able to get double teaming to work this way (vs a human on coach mode). which as awesome.

maybe someone could test this out on 2k13...
Its too bad you gave up on 13 so easy, its by far superior to 12 and I played the **** out of 12 too.

But I will test out two controllers w/ one being coach mode to see if anything pops up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesizzle
does changing cpu tendencies affect any ratings? like i want the cpu to shoot more threes but not necessarily have a higher 3pt rating..
No, tendencies will not affect ratings in anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »