Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #33
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey

i always play at home.

Just finished a Hof/negated attribute/12 game. i would definitely stick to this. still like a Hof feel but the cheating of the AI is gone. The ball security is associated in hands attribute. however if it goes lower than what i posted, the hands will be marked as red.

Really thanks to this. especially that the season opener roster update will be available soon.
Still looks like there needs to be some editing/slider adjustments to be done with those statistics there.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Still looks like there needs to be some editing/slider adjustments to be done with those statistics there.
yup but i guess its in the game engine. tested some more games.in pro the AI are still penalized in SIT/SOD. and it seems that only in Rookie and hOf you will get the CPU REAL ratings.

In rookie ball security is normal when adjusted accordingly however there is a big drop in SIT/SOD since there are no corresponding sliders in that category.

In Hof all other attributes are normal except ball security/SIT/SOD which have big boost.

In ohter words ratings are OFF if playing against AI. I still cant decide if ill play rookie or Hof.honestly i didnt see much difference.Now im really concious knowing about this.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #35
Rookie

He's right the games players better when you set these up on Hof and CPU fatigue 61 user on 55

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

I think I'm going to move from Pro to Allstar and lower the ratings by -5 or -4 and see how the game plays. This was a good find by the OP.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I think I'm going to move from Pro to Allstar and lower the ratings by -5 or -4 and see how the game plays. This was a good find by the OP.
you have to adjust each affected slider until that red mark is gone. however in pro, all star and superstar you will not get their real rating beacuse of the 1.5ish change in the slider.

Its either you play in rookie- SIT/SOD are penalized by ten OR
you play in HOF - ball security/sit/sod are boosted drastically.

If you ask me no change on how the AI play in Rookie or Hof. plainly the cpu just have boost in higher diff setting.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #38
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

OVR: 1

I was wondering.. Maybe the Tendencies sliders works the same way. Everything at 50 they play the real rating player. a little bit more or a little bit less works the same way the attributes. Butthere's no way to see the ratings in ral time in play...
Old 10-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #39
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
you have to adjust each affected slider until that red mark is gone. however in pro, all star and superstar you will not get their real rating beacuse of the 1.5ish change in the slider.

Its either you play in rookie- SIT/SOD are penalized by ten OR
you play in HOF - ball security/sit/sod are boosted drastically.

If you ask me no change on how the AI play in Rookie or Hof. plainly the cpu just have boost in higher diff setting.
I have not tested that far yet. Need to confirm this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyknoxx
I was wondering.. Maybe the Tendencies sliders works the same way. Everything at 50 they play the real rating player. a little bit more or a little bit less works the same way the attributes. Butthere's no way to see the ratings in ral time in play...
Undoubtedly the tendencies work the same way, the coefficient logically would be the same, but ya never know. Also as you pointed out, there is no way to confirm it or not.

I did check all sub menu player cards and nothing shows for tendency adjustments like ratings. It would be safe to assume 1.5 per click in either direction though.

Also don't forget coaching sliders, again probably on the same coefficient scale. Roster/Slider makers need to keep note of this as it has a potentially big impact on player ratings / tendencies and the possibility of cancelling rating adjusted rosters out.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #40
Rookie

you know, i was wondering about tendencies the other day.... not slider tendencies, but player tendencies. if you take a look at a player's dribble tendencies, i think they're all screwed up. my new theory is that if you set everything to 50 (default in this case also?), the player will do whatever move is called for in a certain situation. for example, we see the cpu players use a crossover and end up bumping into us when they should have used a spin move that would have led right to the hoop. slimm44's roster re-do sparked this idea.

i'll have to do some testing over the next few days... i'll let you guys know how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »