Home

Official NBA 2K8 Sig Styles Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K8 Sig Styles Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #25
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Official NBA 2K8 Sig Styles Thread

I'd like for yelling to definitely be added like when a player scores and is fouled. I'd love to HEAR the yelling come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2006, 12:33 AM   #26
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
I'd like for yelling to definitely be added like when a player scores and is fouled. I'd love to HEAR the yelling come out.
Yeah, but it has to be just like it sounds on TV, not too loud but loud enough for the mics to pick it up. That would be awesome.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:15 AM   #27
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Im surprised noone mentioned KG's fadeaway

With his back to the basket, he fakes left right, left right, a little shake then fades with the shot.
I'll try to get a video if I can later and post it.

BTW, can you guys have the Hornets, Nuggets and Suns Mascots jumping and dunking off of a trampoline during timeouts and pointing at and pumping up the crowd?
Old 10-05-2006, 01:41 AM   #28
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Sorry i don't have any video Beluba, I hope i'm being clear on these...

-K mart "showing his heart". jersey tug

-Mouthpiece players pulling they're piece out during TO's or to talk to the ref or other players. (Dirk, Steph Jackson etc)

-I said T-Mac holding his back as a joke yesterday, but it would be cool to see guys with chronic injuries stretching or testing injured body parts in idle times like FT's and TO's. Guys with bad feet, knees and ankles (Webb, Grant Hill, Amare) doing knee bends or holding their foot behind them. You could show T-Mac do waist bends, or lean way back with his hands on his hips, Larry Hughes could hold his wrist while flexing his fingers, etc. This would also look cool in franchise to see guys returning from injuries actually show it. Didn't ID have limping players?

-Ginobilli "wrap the ball around his waist" drives to the bucket (I've seen Varejao and Kobe do this as well) Gino also goes for a ton of backdoor steals.

-Like someone said above, Ricky Davis doing the between the legs dunk if the user tries "fancy" with Ricky on a breakaway...but you GOT to make him miss it.

-Bring back (if it isn't already) the ball-hug drive to the lane for Starbury.

-Damon Jones' "high leg kick" postup at the top.

-VC and others interacting with the cameraman after a big dunk. When they do it, the replay could be from that particular cameramans view, including the player closup/interaction.

-PP doing what KG is doing in the above picture. Someone mentioned it..just more emotion form the more high-strung guys.

-Gilbert taking off the jersey.

-Webber's wide, deliberate walk backwards with his head bowed while staring at a guy he just posterized.

-Varejao CONSTANTLY checking his headband/pushing his hair back.

-Payton gum chewing.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 10-05-2006 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:55 AM   #29
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

How about Sig Refs? Bavetta, Javie, Violet Palmer, Salvatore B...all should call games differently. Also, maybe didffernt types of games could be called differntly. An ugly rivalry game like Pistons/Pacers should be tightly called, wheras playoff games the refs swallow the whistles. Since Fouls sliders are already there...each ref could have a certain set of sliders.

Their are already complaining cutscenes in place...offer the option to do it manually after a foul call (or hard contact with no call) with subtle variations in how the game is called depending on "working the refs" Each team captain could talk to the refs at anytime, but all other players could only do it once without getting teched. No cutscene, just show the interaction in the background of things already going on...(deadball, FT's) Along with the emotion BEB mentioned in the tendacy thread, this could be cool.

Nothing major, just little inconsistencies to breathe life into the officiating. The 2K football team did a good job of implementing human error with the challenge system, and the umps in MLB:The Show are also realistically inconsistent...

Last edited by HMcCoy; 10-05-2006 at 02:08 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:52 AM   #30
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

I know that this thread is supposed to be us telling the 2k guys the things that we would like to see next year, based on what we see in the real NBA. This might get shot down, but what I would love to see next year is sig shots for us regular guys who like to make CAPs of themselves.

Guys could send in videos of themselves shooting the rock and based off the quality of the videos, politics of picking which OS staffer to pick etc. VC could choose from among the best. Lol, I know it'd get crazy with everyone sending in vids and people probably getting upset that their's wasn't chosen, but I would love to see it if for nothing else that it adds more signature shots to choose from for the new rookies coming in. Besides, who wouldn't want to create themself and have that player 'play' like them?

Huh, maybe that's something for an official wishlist thread.

I'd also like to see more signature personalities in the game, like how Tim Duncan rarely shows emotion or does a celebration after a shot. Sheed is always seen arguing with a ref or talkling smack to another player. I don't know how hard personalities would be to implement though.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 10-05-2006, 03:47 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Vince Carter motorcycle thing after a dunk. I expected to see that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2006, 06:31 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

K mart overly Aggresive dunks need to be in the game, more legend jumpshots

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »