Home

NBA2K8 Impressions (360)

This is a discussion on NBA2K8 Impressions (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2007, 09:23 PM   #953
MVP

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA2K8 Impressions (360)

Any sim-to-end option?
Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #954
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
Any sim-to-end option?
Yes. Same as last years.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:29 PM   #955
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

I just wanted to say that the Suns are damn near impossible to beat. The beautiful thing is its not a cheesy way. Nash and Marion and Nash and Stoudamire are pick and rolling me to death. I cant stop it. If I double Nash, Marion pops out and shoots a jumper or rolls and dunks on me. If I double Marion or Stoudamire, Nash shoots the open jumper. I swear to god its just like real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #956
All Star

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I just wanted to say that the Suns are damn near impossible to beat. The beautiful thing is its not a cheesy way. Nash and Marion and Nash and Stoudamire are pick and rolling me to death. I cant stop it. If I double Nash, Marion pops out and shoots a jumper or rolls and dunks on me. If I double Marion or Stoudamire, Nash shoots the open jumper. I swear to god its just like real life.

Do they fast break though? I keep reading that there isn't much of a fast break game and that upsets me.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #957
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Yes the Suns are TOUGH. I barely beat them on all-star with the Lakers. 1 of the best games I've ever played in a sports videogame period. Funny thing is I've been saying this with almost every game I've played so far in NBA 2K8. The AI is amazing IMO. I never feel cheated, just out played.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #958
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
Do they fast break though? I keep reading that there isn't much of a fast break game and that upsets me.
Depends on what you mean. For example, most breaks are caused by turnovers and at default there are few turnovers in the game. As a result, none of the teams get fast break oppurtunities. Once you turn up the steal and steal success sliders, you see more turnovers and more fast breaks.

If you mean does Phoenix push the ball up the floor and look to score quick, then the answer is yes. I would say 60% of the time, Nash is sprinting up the floor when the Suns get possiesion. Also, the Suns (unlike the slower teams like the Magic or the Jazz) usually get a shot up within the first 14 seconds of the shot clock. Its ver realistic.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #959
All Star

OVR: 23

Quote:
Depends on what you mean. For example, most breaks are caused by turnovers and at default there are few turnovers in the game. As a result, none of the teams get fast break oppurtunities. Once you turn up the steal and steal success sliders, you see more turnovers and more fast breaks.

If you mean does Phoenix push the ball up the floor and look to score quick, then the answer is yes. I would say 60% of the time, Nash is sprinting up the floor when the Suns get possiesion. Also, the Suns (unlike the slower teams like the Magic or the Jazz) usually get a shot up within the first 14 seconds of the shot clock. Its ver realistic.

Awesome to hear. Thanks
Old 09-30-2007, 09:41 PM   #960
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
Any sim-to-end option?
yes. in association mode there is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »