Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-09-2009, 05:12 AM   #345
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastEncore
I say no to cyberfaces. I see no problem putting their real faces in there. People just have to complain about something. Anything it doesn't even matter apparently? The one thing in this game not simulated. And people don't even like that. What a Joke.
They are not complaining they have good reasons try reading their post over.

Example. If you still got 2k9 trade Shaq from Phoenix to Cleveland, and he will still have the Suns jersey colors in his photo(it's annoying for some people and I am one of those ppl who hate seeing it especially when I go to check stats).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #346
stewaat

OVR:

Oh ****!

- Accurate draft classes = YES! The community will crank out an awesome 60 guys for the first two rounds, I know it!
- No more abusing the turbo = OMGF! I hated the turbo so much last year, hated it.
- Court spacing = YES! No more bigs blocking jumpers from the paint. Say hello wide open J's due to rotating the ball around.

I can't wait to get in a good online league!

Old 08-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #347
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
Is it really this serious. I can't think of one time ever, I mean EVER, that I could see the jersey "spacing" during gameplay. And if Im looking for that on a replay, I should probably get a life.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #348
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
Is it really this serious. I can't think of one time ever, I mean EVER, that I could see the jersey "spacing" during gameplay. And if Im looking for that on a replay, I should probably get a life.

so by your train of thought, imperfections are fine because they cant be seen easily during gameplay. Sorry, but that doesnt make much sense.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #349
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm still not impressed. It looks the same as last year and the little additions like combine make no real difference to me.

I have two areas of concern:

Sliding and overwhleming animations that take away player control. When I hear that they collected 9000 new animations, that doesn't sound good to me. That just means that they are adding more animations to that busted engine to cover up issues with the gameplay. Just what we need, take more control away from us and make the gameplay more about watching animations instead of playing the game.

I think 2K10 will be a solid title but I don't see it improving in the one area that needs to most attention. I could be wrong and I'll be the first to admit it if I am.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #350
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovartus
Sliding and overwhleming animations that take away player control. When I hear that they collected 9000 new animations, that doesn't sound good to me. That just means that they are adding more animations to that busted engine to cover up issues with the gameplay. Just what we need, take more control away from us and make the gameplay more about watching animations instead of playing the game.

Well, at least that would make 2K10 the best interactive movie ever.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #351
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovartus
I'm still not impressed. It looks the same as last year and the little additions like combine make no real difference to me.

I have two areas of concern:

I think 2K10 will be a solid title but I don't see it improving in the one area that needs to most attention. I could be wrong and I'll be the first to admit it if I am.
Use a little more sensibility. I'll quote this. In the first look article, it was basically covering everything that we complained about in 2K9. One of the biggest complaints in last years game was the lack of control and canned animations. They even talked about the double team animation and removing the canned animation and replacing it with a new mechanic, which would take new animations to do so. We hate the canned animations, and in order for them to improve the control, they need replaced. We want them to do this. I think we'll have more control than ever before, and the double team mechanic addition is the first step in showing us that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #352
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Really glad to here about the player proportions being addressed, honestly I have been saying for years that the court was too small or the players were too big...guess someone finally "got it". Now if they can fix all those damn front rim and straight back down layup misses (this rarely if ever happens in the NBA), I will be a happy camper. Layups should be hitting back rim, glass, etc..., in real life almost every player puts the ball up too STRONG when they miss and I am tired of seeing missed layups barely clear the front rim and then come straight back down, it's just not realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »