Home

NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 08:15 AM   #209
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: NBA 2k10 Q&A - Full Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
One quick question:

Does the game reward and require playing real basketball to be successful? For example, in order to be successful, do you have to work the ball around and find the best shot? One thing I liked about the Live demo is that it felt as if each shot was earned. You couldn't just go down, move around really fast, and just shoot in that demo. So, is it the same for 2k. Is this year's 2k more strategic and methodical? Will just jerking the controls or trying to cheese lead to failure?

Also, can Shaq guard CP3? In other words, can a big man stay with a small guard?

Do mismatches actually matter?
I'd say 2K10 is a lot more methodical/strategic based on the simple fact that you can't really abuse anything. There are a ton of basketball mistakes in the game, things you can't really control, things that just happen based on your personnel, things that happen in real life. There's just a lot of simple things that 2K9 got away from that has been added (if it wasn't already in before) to the series.

Guys losing the ball while over dribbling, players throwing passes out of bounds whether it's a cross court pass, a simple pass into the post (sometimes the pass will go over the intended receivers head) or if it's a 180 jump pass to someone across the court. The way the AI switches up on you defensively by busting out a zone to try and stop your run or just for the hell of it to see how you handle it. The different ways they defend the pick and roll, the way they sag off or get up on individual players based on their skillset..etc

Alot of these things are little (in the grand scope of things) but they add up and help keep the game "grounded' so to say. I don't really see anything that can be abused this year. Of course, the masses haven't got the game yet, who knows what they will come up with.

Help D/rotations that actually work also help. Pretty sweet to get by your man and anticipate that guy coming over just in time for you to kick it out to the guy he just left for the J.

Only thing that I'm seeing a bit too much of is alley oops. I'm still playing on pro so I can take note of the things I see so I can make a better comparison to the higher levels. Not sure if it's a problem once you bump up the difficulty.

I haven't tested big guys on guards but I didn't really have a problem getting past them last year. I will get back to you on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntNL
How are the shooting percentages holding up User vs CPU? And how many minutes you are playing to get realistic scores on all-star or othe difficulty?
Hm, I can't really answer this one yet as I haven't really started to get into my normal 12 minutes games. I was just hopping in and out of games with different teams to try things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
Firstly, thanks a lot for this Q&A. The new info has me absolutely wired.

I had a few ?'s for you myself.

In Association, are the simulated game stats fixed? Are their 30ppg+ scoring leaders? Is dwight grabbing 12RPG? ect...

Can you throw alley-oops through Icon Passing?

Does the CPU force the ball to the PG after you've made a basket? Does it feel like the CPU PG must bring the ball up the floor, like in the DC?

How high does Yao jump for rebounds?

How many tip dunks happen per game?any surprise tip dunks by smaller players (ie nate robinson)? or missed free throw tips?

FOR CAPS,
Are their any new animation packages that you didn't notice in the draft combine? Specifically, more specialty dunks.

Is the List of last names upto par with ch2k8?

Lastly, In your humble opinion, Is 2k10 the best sports game you've played this year so far?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide.
Can't really answer any Asso. questions as I haven't gotten into it yet.

I don't think you can throw alleys with icon passing.

I wanted to test this but I actually forgot to. I will try it out later tonight and get back to you.

Yao has a very unique animation set, I'm going to try and get some video of him because I think he's represented really well this year.

Haven't touched CAP

I would say yes it is the best I've played this year although the only other sports game I played this year was Madden.

CREATE-A-TEAM screens.

30 Logos, A-Z logos, 1-9 Logos = 60 + logos
12 Jersey types
Not as in-depth as team builder but a hell of a lot better than what was there. I believe Create-A-Team and Crews use the same jersey creators. I will double check later tonight just to make sure.

Alright I have to head to class. I'll probably be knocked out for about 10 hours when I get back so I'll be back later tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.

Last edited by eDotd; 09-25-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #210
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

@Mo or Pared

Do you know enough guys that have the game early, to test out a team-up game with at least 3vs3 and give some impressions on improvements to that area? (slowdown, camera angles)
Old 09-25-2009, 08:28 AM   #211
Pro

OVR: 12

Thank you very much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 08:32 AM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can you post a allen iverson screen shot and rating if possible.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:33 AM   #213
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

man i cant wait for this game! i just love the atmosphere this year! now that we're able to edit stadium sounds this game will keep me busy for months!!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #214
Rookie

OVR: 3

can u guys sim a full season of association and tell us if the stats are accurate or way off like last year? this is a big deal for franchise mode players thanks in advance
Old 09-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #215
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
man i cant wait for this game! i just love the atmosphere this year! now that we're able to edit stadium sounds this game will keep me busy for months!!
did you notice if you can take specific 'clips' from a track a la nfl 2k5?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #216
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Pared,

Was the glitch fixed where defensive rebounds off of blocked shots were not being counted as a rebound in the stats?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »