Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #577
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

For OS people having already played the retail version: Could you play some games with the demo for let us know if there is any SIGNIFICANT difference in the gameplay (i.e. player movement and animations, help D, isomotion, etc.) between demo and the retail version?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by franzis; 09-30-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #578
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
Totally get what your saying but i think if an NBA game ever gets to the point where AI does exactly what the real NBA will do, does the videogame become less a game and more maybe computer program for coaches to use? Reading the impressions on this thread, it seems that people are more dissapointed in the tendency realism of the game. I thought NBA 2k9 was a great game and if NBA 2k10 is a polished NBA 2k9 then i wont be dissapointed.
The key point is the logic behind the motions.

I think a basketball game should fundamentally behave like a basketball game.

So, I think that's where true sim comes in. Before you can have the frills, you must nail basic parts of basketball such as defense, rotations, positioning, tendencies, etc.

I think 2K has been a victim of their own success. They raise the bar and now we as gamers expect much more these days b/c we know what is capable.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #579
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

i guess nba 2k10 only needed one quarter to make sense of the directions they focus so hard to accomplished on(except the full package audio).5 on 5 ambience,offball and onball movements and player tendency.Bring on the full version is what i say
Old 09-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #580
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
The next post discussing Live in the 2k impressions thread will receive an infraction. I don't understand why people have to bring down one game to build up another.

If you guys can't refrain from that, we'll just start tightening the leash.
totally get where ur coming from but sometimes the best way to show expresions is to use a simily.now bashing is another thing.but i agree with u
Old 09-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #581
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

After playing 10+ games:

* How many of you beat D12 on tipoff? (so far D12 (CPU) 35 - Bynum (ME) 0

* As everyone mentioned, too many alley-oops
* Too many offensive rebounds? Even I had good box out on D12, he stil gets the ball..(this is huge issue for me in 2k9)

* I really hate auto control on the players... There are times I can't position myself right.

Other that those 4, the demo is really fun to play. Too bad you can't call offensive plays...

Last edited by Greene_Flash03; 09-30-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #582
stewaat

OVR:

Using Kobe I'm seeing a TON of sweet jumper animations...I need to start trying them with Artest and Fisher.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #583
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
Yup....
I'm in Lakewood!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #584
Banned

OVR: 11

"How many of you beat D12 on tipoff? (so far D12 (CPU) 35 - Bynum (ME) 0"

You have to press the button just before the ref throws the ball. I can't win the tipoff when I use the stick.

What I love about the NBA2K10 demo is:

- Limited turbo. Love it! Love it! Love it! Now turbo feels like a speed burst rather than the default speed with guys running around.

- If you leave someone open, they get the ball and score. It was similar with 2K9, you have to stick with your man or they dish him the ball.

- CPU running offense. The game has a more movement than it has in the past.

- Atmosphere - sounds good. From videos the announcing sounds good.

What I dislike:

- Too easy to drive inside for the score.

- Too many inside shots, layups, hitting the cutters with pinpoint passes. In the NBA they'd score inside every time if they could. But they can't. In the 2K10 demo the CPU goes inside too often because it's even too easy for them. Last year changing the sliders so the CPU would cut less made the CPU easier to beat.

- Shooting %. This is really a game killer. In 2K9 changing sliders didn't help. Making it harder to hit shots made it easier to beat the CPU.

I also really look forward to the My Player mode, and hope someone posts some videos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »