Home

Official Rate My Trade Thread

This is a discussion on Official Rate My Trade Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #393
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Official Rate My Trade Thread

Ok- Opinions on the trade I just did during my association 2010 offseason?:

Detroit OUT: Tayshaun Prince, Richard Hamilton
Detroit IN: Dan Gadzuric, Andrei Kirilenko, Utah 2nd Rounder 2010

Utah IN: Tayshaun Prince, Charlie Bell
Utah OUT: Andrei Kirilenko, 2010 2nd Round Pick

Milwaukee IN: Richard Hamilton
Milwaukee OUT: Charlie Bell, Dan Gadzuric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 04-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #394
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
Ok- Opinions on the trade I just did during my association 2010 offseason?:

Detroit OUT: Tayshaun Prince, Richard Hamilton
Detroit IN: Dan Gadzuric, Andrei Kirilenko, Utah 2nd Rounder 2010

Utah IN: Tayshaun Prince, Charlie Bell
Utah OUT: Andrei Kirilenko, 2010 2nd Round Pick

Milwaukee IN: Richard Hamilton
Milwaukee OUT: Charlie Bell, Dan Gadzuric
Okay so Gadzuric and Kirilenko are expiring contracts right? If so, then I like this deal for the Pistons. The future with Hamilton and Prince isn't working. Now they can go ahead and try and sign a marquee player like Chris Bosh, Stoudemire, or Joe Johnson.

Utah gets an upgrade imo with Prince over Kirilenko so I like that.

Then Milwaukee get's a sharpshooter to go with their solid future core. Jennings/Hamilton/Bogut is a tough trio to face. Overall, I really like this deal.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #395
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Turk and Amir Johnson for Geral Wallace and Derrick Brown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #396
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Okay so Gadzuric and Kirilenko are expiring contracts right? If so, then I like this deal for the Pistons. The future with Hamilton and Prince isn't working. Now they can go ahead and try and sign a marquee player like Chris Bosh, Stoudemire, or Joe Johnson.

Utah gets an upgrade imo with Prince over Kirilenko so I like that.

Then Milwaukee get's a sharpshooter to go with their solid future core. Jennings/Hamilton/Bogut is a tough trio to face. Overall, I really like this deal.

i agree i like that trade very much pistons want to compete in the offseason and they get that and utah and milwaukee both upgrade their personnel
Old 04-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #397
Pro

Thanks for the feedback I have a couple more 2010 offseason deals to throw at you guys...

Three team deal:

Minnesota OUT: Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes
Minnesota IN: Luol Deng, Eddy Curry, 2011 first round pick

Chicago OUT: Luol Deng, 2011 Second Round pick
Chicago IN: Ryan Gomes, Toney Douglas

New York OUT: Eddy Curry, Toney Douglas, 2011 first round pick
New York IN: Al Jefferson, 2011 second round pick

This trade is a little bit out there but it really makes sense when you think about it. Minnesota needs to unload one of Jefferson and Kevin Love, and Love has too much potential and less injury history then Jefferson, so Big Al seems the clear choice to be moved. Turning Jefferson into Luol Deng, who has kind of a bad contract but is a good fit for the Minnesota triangle offense and fills a big need at SF, and Eddy Curry's EC is a good move, IMO. Plus they could take a flyer on Curry for one season and see if he wants to redeem himself in a contract year, as his huge (literally) presence in the post is the ideal pairing with Kevin Love. The first round pick from New York is just sweetener for Minnesota because the Knicks are getting a potential superstar in Jefferson if he can stay healthy.

For Chicago, they shed Deng's contract and add a couple of young pieces in the process. Gomes is signed for four years (I think), but his contract is reasonable, and Toney Douglas is an awesome backup for Rose, being a combo guard with some size just like Hinrich was (more on that in a second).

New York is unlikely to pay David Lee this summer, and honestly I think that feelings are too bitter on Lee's side for him to commit to coming back this summer anyway. New York is guaranteed a big man to pair with whatever superstar they have a chance to net in FA, and Jefferson could be a good fit at the 5 in D'Antoni's system.

Chicago trades: Kirk Hinrich, Taj Gibson
Indiana trades: Troy Murphy, 2010 second round pick

Chicago continues a busy offseason by shedding another ok/bad contract for a need position. They guarantee themselves a great fit next to Joakim Noah while adding an expiring contract for 2011. They also get the chance to add another prospect with the 2010 second rounder. In my offseason James, Wade and most of the other heralded free agents of 2010 re-signed with their teams, with the exception of Bosh (who went to Miami to play with Wade). After this happened, I decided to have Chicago change their game plan a bit, adding Murphy to help them win some games right now and in the process adding some young players to pair with Noah and Rose for the long term. It's between Miami and Chicago to sign Josh Howard as well, and if they can do that then they could be looking at a lineup of Rose/Howard/Gomes/Murphy/Noah with Douglas, James Johnson, 2010 first round pick, Devin Brown and Joe Alexander off the bench. Thats a pretty good team right there, because the first round pick will be a backup center (and they could play Murphy at center if they wanted to player small/uptempo style.

Golden State trades: Andris Biedrins
Oklahoma City trades: Nick Collison, Kyle Weaver

I play as the Warriors in my franchise, and Beans was nothing short of a total disappointment during the 2009 between the pathetic play and injury problems. So I decide to flip him for a young swingman and an expiring contract/backup center in Collison. The benefit is obvious for the Thunder, as they need a rebounder and an anchor in the middle, which Beans certainly has the potential to be. Plus he will only be 24 (I think) at the start of the 2010-2011 season, so there is a lot of room to grow. To top it off, he is a BYC player, so his contract is actually pretty good even though it is long.

Quote:
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."

Last edited by tarantism; 04-18-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #398
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
Thanks for the feedback I have a couple more 2010 offseason deals to throw at you guys...

Three team deal:

Minnesota OUT: Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes
Minnesota IN: Luol Deng, Eddy Curry, 2011 first round pick

Chicago OUT: Luol Deng, 2011 Second Round pick
Chicago IN: Ryan Gomes, Toney Douglas

New York OUT: Eddy Curry, Toney Douglas, 2011 first round pick
New York IN: Al Jefferson, 2011 second round pick

This trade is a little bit out there but it really makes sense when you think about it. Minnesota needs to unload one of Jefferson and Kevin Love, and Love has too much potential and less injury history then Jefferson, so Big Al seems the clear choice to be moved. Turning Jefferson into Luol Deng, who has kind of a bad contract but is a good fit for the Minnesota triangle offense and fills a big need at SF, and Eddy Curry's EC is a good move, IMO. Plus they could take a flyer on Curry for one season and see if he wants to redeem himself in a contract year, as his huge (literally) presence in the post is the ideal pairing with Kevin Love. The first round pick from New York is just sweetener for Minnesota because the Knicks are getting a potential superstar in Jefferson if he can stay healthy.

Deal makes sense for Minnesota since Big Al and Love don't mesh together, and they get another scorer. Chicago sheds Deng's contract which is a big win for them. For the Knicks this makes some sense. It would be a great move if they can only get 1 superstar. But if they had a chance to get 2, assuming that they are both better than Big Al, it may not be the right move for them. I look at as the Knicks being safe, insuring that they get a stud player, instead of losing out in Free Agency.

For Chicago, they shed Deng's contract and add a couple of young pieces in the process. Gomes is signed for four years (I think), but his contract is reasonable, and Toney Douglas is an awesome backup for Rose, being a combo guard with some size just like Hinrich was (more on that in a second).

New York is unlikely to pay David Lee this summer, and honestly I think that feelings are too bitter on Lee's side for him to commit to coming back this summer anyway. New York is guaranteed a big man to pair with whatever superstar they have a chance to net in FA, and Jefferson could be a good fit at the 5 in D'Antoni's system.

Chicago trades: Kirk Hinrich, Taj Gibson
Indiana trades: Troy Murphy, 2010 second round pick

I like this deal for Chicago since they get rid of Hinrich's contract, and get a shooter, which they dearly need. Indiana gets a good young player with potential, along with a decent guard so it works out pretty well for them.

Chicago continues a busy offseason by shedding another ok/bad contract for a need position. They guarantee themselves a great fit next to Joakim Noah while adding an expiring contract for 2011. They also get the chance to add another prospect with the 2010 second rounder. In my offseason James, Wade and most of the other heralded free agents of 2010 re-signed with their teams, with the exception of Bosh (who went to Miami to play with Wade). After this happened, I decided to have Chicago change their game plan a bit, adding Murphy to help them win some games right now and in the process adding some young players to pair with Noah and Rose for the long term. It's between Miami and Chicago to sign Josh Howard as well, and if they can do that then they could be looking at a lineup of Rose/Howard/Gomes/Murphy/Noah with Douglas, James Johnson, 2010 first round pick, Devin Brown and Joe Alexander off the bench. Thats a pretty good team right there, because the first round pick will be a backup center (and they could play Murphy at center if they wanted to player small/uptempo style.

Golden State trades: Andris Biedrins
Oklahoma City trades: Nick Collison, Kyle Weaver

Well this makes sense for the Thunder since they need that inside presence. With a good rebounder, and somewhat of a scoring threat it turns that team into a title contender.

I play as the Warriors in my franchise, and Beans was nothing short of a total disappointment during the 2009 between the pathetic play and injury problems. So I decide to flip him for a young swingman and an expiring contract/backup center in Collison. The benefit is obvious for the Thunder, as they need a rebounder and an anchor in the middle, which Beans certainly has the potential to be. Plus he will only be 24 (I think) at the start of the 2010-2011 season, so there is a lot of room to grow. To top it off, he is a BYC player, so his contract is actually pretty good even though it is long.
Thoughts in bold. I always like reading about sim trades that aren't about Dwight Howard, Brandon Jennings, or LeBron. That's the main reason I like most of this thread.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #399
Banned

OVR: 16

agreed, i hate people trying to get a big name to their squad. Just work with what you have and work from there
Old 04-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #400
Pro

Thank you once again for the feedback. I have yet another trade to throw out there...

Miami Trades: James Jones, 2010 and 2011 second round picks
Toronto Trades: Jose Calderon

Miami is looking to build itself into a powerhouse, and they are looking to be the only real winners of the 2010 offseason (at least out of the teams that went all-or-nothing) by signing Chris Bosh and extending Dwayne Wade. Now they make another bold move by adding some salary to obtain a starting calibre pure PG, and somebody who Bosh is used to playing with.

The Raptors shed ~5m in annual salary, plus get rid of a bad contract which was tied to a player that didn't seem like he would succeed there any longer. Also, I made my own little note that the 2011 second rounder is a "conditional" pick. I Calderon makes the all-star team during the 2010-2011 season then the pick will turn into a lottery-protected first rounder.

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »