Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #233
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22)

Any word if the Penetrate & Pass-Out by Star player issue will be addressed? That's the biggest and only concern for this game now.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #234
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoe
Thanks dopeboy. Do I have to log onto anything? My PC is in a different room than my 360, so if I disconnect my 360 and bring it to the room, will I have to connect my monitor from the PC?

Also, if I wait 2 months to buy this game, will the new disks already have the patch?

Just make sure you are connected to xboxlive and the ethernet you are hooking your 360 to has a working internet connection.

You don't have to be a gold xboxlive member for an update.

Do you also know every 360 has 3 free xboxlive gold member accounts you can create which last 1 month each?
Old 10-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #235
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow, we'll see how things shake out, but personally I don't have anything to complain about.

This is just my own speculation of course, but I get the feeling that they must have "broken" some of these elements of the game late in the development cycle and had to finalize the retail code knowing full well about most of these issues.

I think that just like with the Live development team, they have been working on these issues since the lockdown of the retail code.

I know many people feel that its unethical for the Publishers of these games to take the consumers money knowing full well that the game is "not finished", but the one year development cycle and the hard and fast release date would seem to make this the permanent M.O. of sports games.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #236
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: patch details here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
This is a display error only. The actual value used to calculate the team cap is correct internally. The displayed value already gets corrected when a roster change takes place. You can confirm this yourself by making a trade or signing/waiving a player.
thanks for the reply - awesome game, best bball game to date.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #237
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
Just make sure you are connected to xboxlive and the ethernet you are hooking your 360 to has a working internet connection.

You don't have to be a gold xboxlive member for an update.

Do you also know every 360 has 3 free xboxlive gold member accounts you can create which last 1 month each?
Thanks dopeboy!! Really appreciate it.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #238
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Any word if the Penetrate & Pass-Out by Star player issue will be addressed? That's the biggest and only concern for this game now.
this
Old 10-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #239
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

This one kind of slipped under the radar:

- Games played in the NBA D-League should now have appropriate sized crowds. (Note: this change will not be reflected in existing Associations and My Player careers.)

That'll be a pretty cool change. I noticed they made note that this would not be reflected in existing Associations. I don't want to repeat what's already been asked and said, but is anyone definitive on whether restarting an Association would be necessary for the rest of these changes? I remember seeing that most of the My Player tweaks would work right in, but I haven't read the same thing regarding Association.

All these changes are going to essentially make this game feel like NBA 2K10.5. I'm really impressed with the absolute bevy of reported improvements.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #240
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I know many people feel that its unethical for the Publishers of these games to take the consumers money knowing full well that the game is "not finished", but the one year development cycle and the hard and fast release date would seem to make this the permanent M.O. of sports games.
I would think that's the case with any developer though - and lots of products in general. If you have a release date set, I'm sure they weighed the known issues versus the worth of delaying a release. More often than not I'd guess unless it's a crippling issue that occurs consistently, it doesn't make sense to hold the release. Even games that have years of development and a beta release aren't going to catch all the issues the thousands of people that purchase the game are going to find. Even if they went to a 2-year release schedule AND released a beta, there will still be problems found in all products. It's just a matter of trying to minimize the amount of issues as best possible

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »