Home

NBA 2k11 - Lets Talk Gameplay improvements

This is a discussion on NBA 2k11 - Lets Talk Gameplay improvements within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #17
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2k11 - Lets Talk Gameplay improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
No, no matter what someone's d awareness is, when told to 'deny' in the menu, they will attempt to deny the ball. Just like in actual basketball if you want to deny a player the ball you will try, but your effectiveness will rely on your individual defensive ability. Serious question: have you ever played real organized basketball?
Thats more of a ****ed up question to ask...Jesus why are you such a trouble maker? I'm not here to fight like grown babies over the internet. I'm just trying to make this game little better just like you are. Just because once in a while we might disagree about something doesn't mean you have to give low blows like that. Come on....You sound grown...I stop visiting the 2k site for a reason....
Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
If "everyone" thinks that the triple-threat/post moves needs to be more explosive and you are the minorioty, maybe theres something to it.

The fact of the matter is that there is a reason those moves are hard to defend in real life and the speed at which there are done is a factor.
But you make the animation too fast and Humans users won't be able to react to it. 2k is doing the samething that Madden did a few years ago. By slowing the game down a little so that players can react to the situation. Like the post game.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Thats more of a ****ed up question to ask...Jesus why are you such a trouble maker? I'm not here to fight like grown babies over the internet. I'm just trying to make this game little better just like you are. Just because once in a while we might disagree about something doesn't mean you have to give low blows like that. Come on....You sound grown...I stop visiting the 2k site for a reason....

lol, i honestly have nothing against you and made it clear that it was a true question. How am i to know that you have ever player organized basketball? Not everyone has been coached at a highschool or college level ( what I consider to really be organized).
Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
But you make the animation too fast and Humans users won't be able to react to it. 2k is doing the samething that Madden did a few years ago. By slowing the game down a little so that players can react to the situation. Like the post game.

I never implied a certain speed. So that would mean you are implying that if the post game was any faster, even the slightest bit, than you wouldnt be able to react. I find that hard to believe.

PS. Madden is a mess.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #21
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Make the CPU star players more dominating when playing against the CPU team. Stars like Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Durant should be more assertive and aggressive when attacking the basket. I would like to seem them either drawing a foul or see them finishing strong when they are driving to the hoop instead of passing it out. They need more touches and 2K has to make the user be more aware of their presence when playing against these cpu players.

Would also like to see more contact in the paint, making it harder for the user/cpu to exploit PIP. PIP should be around 30pts-45pts, I don't want to see any of those bullet-passes made by the cpu into the paint for an easy 2.

Also, more mid-range jumpers attempted by the cpu. Since it's hard to penetrate in a real game b/c of the amount of contact, players tend to score the majority of their points with their midrange game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Make the CPU star players more dominating when playing against the CPU team. Stars like Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Durant should be more assertive and aggressive when attacking the basket. I would like to seem them either drawing a foul or see them finishing strong when they are driving to the hoop instead of passing it out. They need more touches and 2K has to make the user be more aware of their presence when playing against these cpu players.
mos def. Changing 'play styles' helps, but for some reason it desent effect Wade or Durant but has conversely made B.Roy a beast. Gotta be something with the hard coding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Would also like to see more contact in the paint, making it harder for the user/cpu to exploit PIP. PIP should be around 30pts-45pts, I don't want to see any of those bullet-passes made by the cpu into the paint for an easy 2.
Yea, there needs to be more denial of getting to the spot by the defense. Basketball is a constant struggle for position and thats not portrayed in the game, especially around the paint.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #23
Banned

- Many more plays, and actual plays that the real teams run. I want a true Utah flex offense and a real P.J triangle with hard scissor cuts and all the dressing lol.

- More branching animations and more animations that allow for branching.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

CAN WE FINALLY HAVE DUNKING CONTROL MORE LIKE LAYUPS!?!?!

We could have more control if the shot stick was like this

right-right handed dunk

left-left handed dunk

up-two handed dunk

down-reverse

half-circle(right or left)-windmill dunk(right hand or left hand)

full-circle(right or left)-360(turn right or turn left)

ThaBeast21v1 roster coming 2k11

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »