Home

NBA 2K11 Demo Available Now, Impressions and Discussion Here (360,PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Demo Available Now, Impressions and Discussion Here (360,PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #409
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K11 Demo Available Now, Impressions and Discussion Here (360) - PS3 Later To

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
nope...which is sad...
Are you sure? Has this been confirmed? Why would they take that out? I hope it's in the final version. It's not a major issue, but not minor either. The walk the ball up animation gave the game an authentic feel.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #410
Banned

OVR: 2
The cpu is gonna be a good opponent these year...how many compliments do we need to give 2k for u give a our present we deserve yal lknow we gonna buy the game anyway holla back bbbaabbbyyyy demoooooo ps3 aint there yet ......
Old 09-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #411
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K11 Demo Available Now, Impressions and Discussion Here (360) - PS3 Later To

Its a stripped down version of the game oO...I think it will be in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #412
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
My gripe has nothing to do with framerate. Reading is fundamental.

I already stated that I have not played the game and I'm only basing my opinion on the graphics and how extremely similar it looks to 2K10 (atleast in the demo). I would have hoped that the developers would have enhanced the visuals but I guess that will have to wait until next year.
what did you expect? they can only improve so much because of the limitations of the current game systems. did you expect them to magically jump to photorealistic graphics using the current xbox hardware? it's not possible. you're not going to see a huge leap in graphics until the new systems come out and they have more powerful graphics capabilities.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #413
Rookie

OVR: 3

Now that I got my hands on I'm so excited for the game!!! It looks like I will be in practice more until I get used to the somewhat new controls..

I keep forgetting theirs no lock down D

And the shot stick actually works this year!

Oh and I'm so amazed that the dunks actually look good this year, and there so smooth. The last time they looked good was back when Iverson was on the cover!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #414
Banned

OVR: 3

I won't be able to play till I get home (hopefully PSN will have it up by then lol) but from looking at some videos, I'm really impressed with the passing animations. Especially the ones where the ball is swung around the perimeter. No more two-handed over-the-head passes. It seems like there's a lot of one-handed curl passes (in reaction to where the defender is) and a lot of lobs and bounces into the post, when appropriate. Awesome!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #415
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
Are you sure? Has this been confirmed? Why would they take that out? I hope it's in the final version. It's not a major issue, but not minor either. The walk the ball up animation gave the game an authentic feel.
i will check it out again later but im pretty certain...instead you have a slow hunched over walk type animation....plus side is that the sticks matter which is huge but at the cost of losing the nice walk up animations...

thats the time i usually call plays to...like you said more authentic...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #416
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Anyone try the "flick flick" moves yet? They're some of my favorite shots.

Hold LT, flick the Shot Stick and let it return to neutral (like a pumpfake), then flick and hold it again before the pumpfake ends. You get different shots depending on your movement, facing, distance, and direction of your flicks.

If you're having trouble getting your passes picked, Total Control Passing will allow you to move your receivers around wherever you want. Unfortunately, it's disabled by default so you'll have to enable it when you pick up the full version. Personally, I can't play without it.

Too bad you guys can't change the diff. and game style... it changes the experience pretty drastically.
Damn....anyone try this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Can anyone point me to the post play controls? I know I've seen it somewhere, I just can't find it.
No one has a reply?....Is Kobe the only player on the Laker people want to score with?.....lol (just kidding about the last part)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »