Home

Your Myplayer Career (NBA 2K11)

This is a discussion on Your Myplayer Career (NBA 2K11) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #1433
MVP

-ENiGMA724-'s Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Your Myplayer Career (NBA 2K11)

how many endorsement milestones are there?

i already unlocked the signature shoes....although im not wearing them...

do i have to actually start wearing them to unlock the next endorsement feature?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #1434
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey guys,

gotta say that I LOVE this MY PLAYER mode!

I usually only buy a sports game once every 3-4 years, and the last one I bought was NBA 2K9, but when I read that MJ was going to be all over this edition I had to have it (huge Bulls fan). So I didn't get to play last year's MY PLAYER, but I gotta say that this year's version is totally addictive!

I made myself, only I gave myself 13 more inches of height (6'9") and I'm a point forward (haven't seen many people use this style from the posts I'm reading). I got drafted in the 2nd rd 4th pick by the blazers. Started off buried on the bench, and about 25-30 games in I finally got some significant play time (struggled through 3 different ankle injuries early on)...and by the end of the season I became a rookie phenom, got a billboard, got my mag cover, and I led the Blazers all the way through to the finals with the Heat. Won the finals MVP, the ROY, 2nd team all-NBA, and for some reason, the Blazers didn't pick up my team option and I chose to move on to the Chicago Bulls :P

I'm now 30 games into my 2nd season with averages of: 21 ppg 11 rpg 10.5 apg 1 stl 1.5 blk 58% fg 90% ft

My nickname's the monster, and I think my stats show it.

LOVE IT!

I do have some gripes though:

- Sometimes when players foul out, they don't leave! I got Durant to foul out in one close game, and he was still in there and took the last freakin shot. The ball just barely rimmed out, and it would've been the game winner.

- No contract info on your player. 2K should set it up in the future to where you can see your contracts, and even negotiate future ones. I was hoping to ride it out with the Blazers and then use my player option to have the whole nation turn on me during a 1 hour espn special as I tell everyone I'm taking my talents to Chicago.

- I also want some AI tweaks. Pro is too easy, admittedly, but when I go up to higher difficulties my teammates just get progressively worse, and the scores way too unrealistic. I find it hard to believe that a 50 win blazer team can lose by 50 to the thunder on HOF difficulty.

- Does anyone else have trouble with their cpu guard teammates? Andre Miller and Brandon Roy had TERRIBLE seasons as soon as I moved into the starting SF spot. They could barely shoot 30% and were taking insanely stupid shots. I had to call for the ball pretty much every possession in the playoffs it got so bad. I thought it was an isolated incident, but now that I'm with the Bulls, Brewer and Rose are going through the same ordeal.

- I'm sure I'll find more as I go on, but still loving this mode!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #1435
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ENiGMA724-
i was barely on the all-stars list(dead last for guards) and got taken off because i missed 5 days or so due to two ankle injuries....so suffice it to say i didnt make the rookie game even though i lead in rookie of the year as well as mvp votes....for that to happen to you while having an insurmountable lead in voting is a bummer....
Yea seriously man...

Also I fell on my ankle and was injured for 2-4 weeks. I healed up good enough just to play even though I was still hurt. They gave me the option to play through (6 days) or sit out and heal faster (3 days). Our record was 12 games above .500 so I said "mind as well sit out" I came back and check our record and noticed we was on a 5 game win streak.

I said cool, then I checked the headlines and it showed "all-star starters announced" and I looked up and down and my name wasn't listed. Then I checked the rookie/sophomore and same thing and I'm like wtf I'm a sophomore now....how am I not playing in that!?!?!?

right now I'm playing golden state, the 1st game after the break. I'm gonna attempt to go on a tear and have them regret they didn't put me in the all star LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #1436
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzapza81
Hey guys,

I do have some gripes though:

- Sometimes when players foul out, they don't leave! I got Durant to foul out in one close game, and he was still in there and took the last freakin shot. The ball just barely rimmed out, and it would've been the game winner.

- No contract info on your player. 2K should set it up in the future to where you can see your contracts, and even negotiate future ones. I was hoping to ride it out with the Blazers and then use my player option to have the whole nation turn on me during a 1 hour espn special as I tell everyone I'm taking my talents to Chicago.

- I also want some AI tweaks. Pro is too easy, admittedly, but when I go up to higher difficulties my teammates just get progressively worse, and the scores way too unrealistic. I find it hard to believe that a 50 win blazer team can lose by 50 to the thunder on HOF difficulty.

- Does anyone else have trouble with their cpu guard teammates? Andre Miller and Brandon Roy had TERRIBLE seasons as soon as I moved into the starting SF spot. They could barely shoot 30% and were taking insanely stupid shots. I had to call for the ball pretty much every possession in the playoffs it got so bad. I thought it was an isolated incident, but now that I'm with the Bulls, Brewer and Rose are going through the same ordeal.

- I'm sure I'll find more as I go on, but still loving this mode!
First off, sorry this post is super long. And I'm sure almost no one will read it, because that seems to be the case around here with long posts that actually try to identify problems with the game.

Your CPU teammates' ability on any level have always been a huge problem with 2K games. They cannot play AT ALL - they take stupid shots, keep the ball unnecessarily long, they're just terrible. And they won't pass the ball if you call for it either - you'll just get docked in your teammate grade for calling for the ball. Interestingly enough, CPU opponents don't have the same problem. Why are your teammates infinitely more intelligence-lacking?

The difficulty system has also always been a problem the farther you go up - on higher levels (All Star/Superstar and above), your teammates become even stupider (I'm surprised that's even possible considering their lack of brains on Pro), which in turn makes it tougher to win - this is seemingly 2K's way of making a higher difficulty.

And now for my part of the post:

Does anyone find it odd that teams draft you in the first round with a rating in the 40's? And that your team decides to start you at a 45 overall, and expect above average production? They gave me floor leader privileges and asked me for trade targets, and I'm the lowest rated player on the team with average production (9.8 pts, 7.6 rebs, 4.1 asts) and terrible shooting numbers (35% FG for a guard). I'm assuming they go by production level and such for deciding starters, but surely the game should know with mediocre offensive ratings, it's almost impossible to score much.

For future MyPlayer careers, I would suggest allowing options to decide what type of career path you want to start (young franchise-caliber player, potential first round pick, or the current system but starting with higher ratings) you want before you create your player, so you're not stuck with a super low rating and the responsibilities of a much higher rated player actually capable of producing good numbers.

I know that my player's production levels probably match those of higher rated players. That shouldn't be, theoretically - a very low rated player should put up terrible stats. Perhaps this is linked to the difficulty, where on lower difficulties it is easier to put up stats (I am playing on Pro/Simulation). Naturally, for a more realistic statistical output, you'd want to up the difficulty. But then here we encounter the inherent 2K difficulty level problem - because your teammates get progressively stupider as the difficulty goes up, you become the only capable player on your team, regardless of rating. You end up having to shoulder the scoring load for your incompetent teammates, exactly the opposite of what is supposed to happen at higher difficulties - where your teammates play more realistically and you can fit into the proper role your ratings and output dictate.

So where's the problem? It seems to be a combination of things - the broken difficulty system, the rating system and how it ties to production and the game's logic on player roles. I don't know how to fix any of it, but at least I've tried to identify things I think could be improved/fixed, right?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #1437
MVP

-ENiGMA724-'s Arena

maybe it depends on the position you are...if your player is anything else but the pg...you're just not able to call plays....with that limitation...you're too heavily dependent on the low leveled cpu performance....especially a cpu controlled pg who chucks up shots while being contested

all i know is that even though i do experience a lot of moments where certain players chuck up shots....for the most part my teammates sinks the wide open shot that i give them when i dish it off to them....both my pg and derrick rose each put up roughly around 20pts and 10 assists apiece....so i really dont know how people are running around on offense since my team is shooting a percentage way above .500....

that's just the offensive side of things...we lead the league in steals and rebounds....noah leads the league in blocks...so again...i still see rooms for improvement but overall my teammates arent completely useless...
Old 11-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #1438
Rookie

OVR: 1

Dang. Coming off a hard fought win against the Thunder but not without Marc Gasol coming down with a twisted ankle injury in the 4th quarter. Hopefully he heals up soon, because he's my right hand man on this team, and that ankle might limit his rebounding some.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #1439
MVP

-ENiGMA724-'s Arena

2nd triple double...i got it against the heat...

bad aspect of the game was that i had 4 turnovers with my pg and i shot very poorly from the perimeter...was trying to get that 100 3pt shots made in the season since it was a key game....
Old 11-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #1440
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgamer
You don't... all they ask you for is your opinion on who would be a good fit for the team. It doesn't mean they'll necessarily trade for the players you pick. And, you have no say in who they will give up to make the trade you ask for, if they make the trade you ask for in the first place. If a trade is made, all you can do is go to the transactions screen and check who they traded for, or just check your roster.
The Insider told me after last game that they would be coming to me for advice on who to trade for. Does this happen in a cut scene or does a menu option open up for that? I haven't been able to find an option for it though and didn't find any posts about it through a simple search.

Also, my player is a PG with the Bucks sitting at 9-11 now. I've only played 13 games cuz I was hurt early in my career for 3 weeks with a sprained ankle. I play on 10 minutes and am averaging 15.5 pts and 2.9 Assts now and have started getting a lot of PT as the 6th man. I actually had moved ahead of Michael Redd on the depth chart then all of a sudden he was starting and I was still 6th. Apparently, they traded John Salmons to the Bulls for a 1st and Kyle Korver. I get most of my time at Point though and they move Jennings over to SG.
The last two games were against the Magic and Heat and both games we should have won. Against the Magic I had 27 points by halftime on 70%+ shooting. Then inexplicably I was benched for a long period of time till about 5 minutes in the fourth. We were winning by 8 at half but were now trailing by 4. Took the lead again and were up by 4 with 30 seconds when I was benched again. Probably a smart move since my free throw shooting isn't that great. Somehow the Magic tied it though and took it to overtime. For some reason I didn't get in the game at all in OT though I had 31pts and 5 assists and held Nelson in check but for some reason I only got to play about 4:30 minutes of the final 25 in a close game!
The Heat game was pretty similar and we ended up losing in the last minute while I sat on the bench despite being the leading scorer and FG%. WTF?!

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »