Home

Your Myplayer Career (NBA 2K11)

This is a discussion on Your Myplayer Career (NBA 2K11) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #2233
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Your Myplayer Career (NBA 2K11)

@dsallupinyaarea You are pretty much set in every stat, You should first get your mid range to like 75-80 ... Cause getting to the rim is a little harder now, and Fast Breaks also
Old 12-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #2234
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
@dsallupinyaarea You are pretty much set in every stat, You should first get your mid range to like 75-80 ... Cause getting to the rim is a little harder now, and Fast Breaks also

I already have a back to the basket C. When I get the ball in the post and don't make a basketball move for a while I take a HUGE hit for "holding on to the ball for to long". I know you can still get that penalty on the perimeter but is it scaled to account for situations. Example: a post player should be deducted if he grabs the board and dribbles all the way up without giving the ball to PG but that's not necessarily the case with a wing player.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #2235
Rookie

bconey23's Arena

OVR: 2

I have a 6-9 SF and I was recently told by the 2K insider that I am a floor general, yet, I am still unable to call plays. I am also having a hard time adjusting to this new patch in my player mode (which is the only reason i bought this and last years game). I find myself spending more time running to blue circles and following black lines, than anything. I am also finding it hard to set screens, when the play art is telling me to. I am either being stuck to the defender, or I set the pick and the PG doesn't move immediately, but then moves a few seconds later, and they go righ around me.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #2236
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
Nice, I had my first double double last night against the magic. 15 points 19 boards and held dwight howard to 8 points. My goals for the game....Keep your opp. under X amount of points in the paint, bring down X amount of offensive boards. I got both.

The thing is I got DH in way early foul trouble. He had two in the first 2 minutes, so I didn't have to deal with him in first quarter and then when he cam back in the second he got 2 more fouls quickly, so I didn't see him again till the fourth! It was great but he torched me for 10 in the 4th...and we lost 76-90. Oh well, it was still a good game.

Congrats how did you fix it?
My advice: Get your teammate some easy points first. This seems to work for me all the time. Deron freaking Willaism will NOT make ANY 3 point shots if i don't get him some plays before in which he scores. We've lost sooo mnay games cause he won't make it or he just gives the ball to my PF who shoots 67 from 3. It's really dumb but once you get them some easy scores they start making it much more often. When i get Millsap 2-3 easy baskets he'll post up whoever is defending him and make it regardless of difficulty ( made a contested lay up on THREE people WITH a foul yet other times he missed when he was wide open from close-mid) so yeah just get them easy baskets and it'll change. (Mayo shot 6 3 pointers my last game and they ALL went in regardless of cover so yeah it's BS)
Old 12-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #2237
Rookie

BoyWondamus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerlem
congrats

So i finally made up my mind and asked for a trade and ended up with the Warriors. It wasnt really what i wanted (since they already have a great PG plus they are last in the conference) but it's growing on me and i love their court. After 4 losses in a row and with team chemistry in the garbage we finally won against the Hornets. But things aren't that bad, i got rookie of the month and player of the week
how long does is usually take to get traded? I asked for one and been playing quite a few games. I just wanted to know what other peoples experience was?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #2238
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWondamus
how long does is usually take to get traded? I asked for one and been playing quite a few games. I just wanted to know what other peoples experience was?
It took 4 games for me. I answered all questions with professional after every game and was traded to one of my top 3 pre-patch.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #2239
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here we go, coaches being fired like crazy...
Old 12-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #2240
Rookie

BoyWondamus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askia32
It took 4 games for me. I answered all questions with professional after every game and was traded to one of my top 3 pre-patch.
Thanks for your help! I just finished my 4th I believe so I hope it is soon. What happens when the trade happens? Is it just the insider telling you it happened or is there a video or something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »