Home

Players don't move unless you call a play?

This is a discussion on Players don't move unless you call a play? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Players don't move unless you call a play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Don't know why you are experiencing this. My Wizards seem to move intelligently without calling plays.

One thing you could try is to edit all of the bulls player's tendencies under the freelance heading. Set your bigs to self post and set off balls screens and have your shooters make good use of offball screens if those settings are not high already.

Another possibility is from last years game. I know that after a while your players would automatically do things if you have called similar plays in the past. E.g. if you called a PF post play frequently your PFs would start to post automatically, and if you called sets that have off ball screens your team would automatically set screens for eachother. But this requires 2 things, 1) you need to start calling plays to kickstart the process, and 2) Always save your profile because that is what keeps track of things like that
thanks great advice. I suppose if I play a couple of quick games calling some plays, hopefully my profile will save all that and before I know it, I won't have to worry about calling plays and players will just move around themselves.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

It's part of the technique of the game. In past games, players just moved around randomly. In this game, everyone does something for a reason, which makes it much better. Also try increasing the difficulty. I am playing on Superstar and everyone plays smart basketball. You do have to guide your team occasionally with plays. If you still are not seeing enough random movement, you can try turn playcalling to auto, but i prefer manual. i like knowing i am in control of the team.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

If you move around and move players using Icon Lead passing, you can get some good looks at times.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
if you stand still, your players won't move, but if you dribble around they will start to move...the key is to never stand still...keep moving and your teammates will move.
This is true, I noticed this too. If your the PG and your teammates are just standing there on offense, just move around, do a crossover/iso-motion and your teammates will start moving.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #13
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

To the OP, what do you expect, these dudes are professionals, it's organized basektball, you have to run plays, if your just running around what does that accomplish, not dissing you at all. What would the players do if a play isnt run?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari997
This game basically REQUIRES you to run plays it seems like. I'm bringing the ball up with Rose. If I don't call a play, all the players just stand there. No movement whatsoever. I'm not really a big play call kinda guy. I just like to freelance and run my offense through players' natural motion. But that won't work when everyone is standing still...

I remember in 2k10, players were setting backscreens for each other. Even though it was odd to see Noah or Gibson coming off curl screens, at least it was SOME movement. Anyone else seen this?

I've been told turning play calling to AUTO helps. But there's a glitch where if I turn "show play art" to OFF, it still shows. I guess I could wait till that patch that, but still pretty annoying. Thoughts?
What system are you playing on because I don't have that problem with the PC version. Maybe the consoles have issues that the PC doesn't have and vice versa. And also, you have to look at one detail that you may have missed.

This year more than any other, the teams pretty much play like their real life counterparts. So if you use a team like the Spurs who call plays the majority of the time in real life, then the "call plays slider" in coaching options should reflect the same thing. So if you're trying to freelance without calling plays with the Spurs (or whatever team), no one will move because the coaching options are set for you to call plays. So if you are playing with a team that is known for calling plays and you don't want to, go to your coaching options and zero out that slider and you should see movement. If not, it need to be addressed in the patch.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 6

I understand your problem man, but there are several things you can do. Here it is:

Use the total control passing feature (LB + players icon, move player with RS)

This was the best feature of Live 10 and can be just as effective in this game. This alone is great for getting your playmaker the ball in late-game situations or critical possessions or when he is hot and the defense is denying him the ball

LT+A - Give 'n' Go

Basically the player passing the ball cuts right to the basket after passing it. This works great for pick-n-rolls that go array on the weakside of the court. I use this with Deron Williams and Memo/Big Al all the time.

Basically the only time i call plays is when i have a very specific gameplan like getting my big man some touches early in the game or one of my shooters open. You don't have to use plays all the time, you have other tools at your disposal. I didn't even mention the pick-n-rolls and iso's to open up your offense
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »