Home

Still Too Easy to Block Jumpshots in 2K11?

This is a discussion on Still Too Easy to Block Jumpshots in 2K11? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Still Too Easy to Block Jumpshots?
Yes 73 61.86%
No 45 38.14%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2010, 03:38 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Still Too Easy to Block Jumpshots in 2K11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashstriker101
Dude its Yao he's the tallest guy in the Nba of course he does stuff that normal centers couldn't do what you expect he was leading in blocks the year he got injured and in the post season he's a definite star
The problem is not who gets blocks, the problem is the amount of blocks and that every player can rack up blocks if you use turbo and time it right (Like TheRealTodd said Brooks swatting Kobe). This is because of unrealistic vertical boost when using turbo and/or slow jumpers with minimal elevation.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Easy solution:

1. Stop using turbo to block shots

or

2. Lower the block shots slider for human

or

3. Lower the vertical for human
Old 10-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
The problem is not who gets blocks, the problem is the amount of blocks and that every player can rack up blocks if you use turbo and time it right (Like TheRealTodd said Brooks swatting Kobe). This is because of unrealistic vertical boost when using turbo and/or slow jumpers with minimal elevation.

Well it just might be you guys since no one else is commenting cause i'm not getting this becuase right now i'm using the bulls against the thunder and blocks are 2 and 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 04:07 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Easy solution:

1. Stop using turbo to block shots

or

2. Lower the block shots slider for human

or

3. Lower the vertical for human
There are times when I need to use turbo to stay in front of my man.

What about the verticle boost in rebounding? Can this be fixed by sliders? I don't like changing sliders because I feel that I am cheating the AI CPU or I am handicapping myself.

Also I have a feeling 2K can patch this.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:12 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashstriker101
Well it just might be you guys since no one else is commenting cause i'm not getting this becuase right now i'm using the bulls against the thunder and blocks are 2 and 1
Are you using/holding turbo and the contest shot button at the same time? If you only use the contest button, blocking is not an issue as defenders verticle is realistic and low to the ground.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:20 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I totally agree on this, pressing turbo when you block is pretty much automatic block against jumpers... feels good but VERY VERY unrealistic. Average block per team in the NBA is round 5, but I get 5 blocks easy in 5 min/quarter games...

I honestly believe that those who voted no are really those who do not know how to play defense in this game b/c you almost HAVE to press turbo to catch up to some of the open 3 pters. Telling me that you don't get easy perimeter blocks means they're not even trying to contest shots.

Last edited by grahf21; 10-09-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:21 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Are you using/holding turbo and the contest shot button at the same time? If you only use the contest button, blocking is not an issue as defenders verticle is realistic and low to the ground.

Dude I played a game using the Suna against Denver...i sware to god guarding Carmelo nearly took my entire team it was times when the hand was RIGHT IN HIS FACE turbo and all and i jumped and couldn't block the shot..so i don't know what your talkinga bout the blocking is okay for me. Hell in this bulls game against Thunder durant came off a pick and i raced around it and he still drained it with me pushing TURBO AND THE BLOCK BUTTON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 04:22 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahf21
I totally agree on this, pressing turbo when you block is pretty much automatic block against jumpers... feels good but VERY VERY unrealistic. Average block per team in the NBA is round 5, but I get 5 blocks easy in 5 min/quarter games...
Glad to know it wasn't just me who has this issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »