Home

Bumping and canimations

This is a discussion on Bumping and canimations within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #281
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Bumping and canimations

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I like all the bumping... 2k9 really real was bad in this department.

Are you a fan of NBA basketball, or just video games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #282
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I thought quickness was your agility while moving, or how 'quick' you maneuver.

I decided in a last ditch effort to make the game playable for me to test some ratings out. I lowered every players ( Celtics and Lakers as they prove to be good solid test subjects) on ball defense and defensive awareness to 25. I also turned the on ball D slider to 0. The results were horrible and arbitrary. All it does is make guys more prone to looking stupid on a move. They just get their ankles broke a little more often, and it's very playground looking. Gasol can still D up Rondo on the perimeter way, way too well. Still tons of bumping. Mind you, he gets beat, but not realistically. Rondo shouldn't have to do anything but literally run by Gasol. He is soooo quick, and Gasol...well he isn't.

As a defender it sucks too. I hate the fact that the cpu doesn't take me off the bounce. They can't. I can stand still and they will bang into me, and even if they do get by a second defender (not helping, just in the area) will suck them in and cut it off. It's not fun and it eliminates a huge aspect of the game. Like...huge.

Triple threat...the cpu will still cut you off 50-60% of the time. They just guess right. It's how the game is programmed. Second defenders still slide into you, or you get sucked into them. The best way for them to patch it is to make the animation where you snake by the one that is used more often, or exclusively. Unless they are doing major changes that is. I welcome a full on overhaul, but I doubt it. To be honest better animations would be as good as a full fix anyway - as it would allow them to focus on other areas of the game that need attention. Since the animations are already there, it might prove to be a great solution. Still playing 2k 10 until the patch comes out, for now. I hope the patch is good because boy do I want a basketball title.
How do you feel post past now?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #283
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just started playing online again the other day. The game plays pretty awesome online now. The bumping has been severely toned down. Player movement is smoother and shooting is easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »