Home

***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread*** within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #1065
MVP

Basketball GURU's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: ***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread***

Better Dunks for the big-men off the pick and roll.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #1066
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgplayer
- additional crowd animation including not over so ecstasic if not really necessary, some are leaving courts when the game is almost over or not challenging at all. other teams' players/celebreties/etc should be sometimes seen in the crowd and sited by commentators.
- variety of cheerleaders and their outfits.
- mascots not confined to just one place in the court during gameplay
- during pregame, the arena outside (if shown) should have animated crowds and surroundings.
- players sub-in should show that they are walking to scorers table (auto subs)
- animation on players taking off their jogging pants and jackets.
- occassional players/coaches frustration on-court and sometimes getting technical fouls / ejected / fined / suspended.
- more pregame highlights/introduction/previews/routines and half-time shows on/off court, and variety of commercials.
- during pregame, half-time, and post-game you sometimes see kevin, clark, doris speaking... or maybe a few interviews will be nice.
- players that were injured and unable to play should be wearing non-jerseys, coat/tie or sometimes absent in the bench. players that were newly injured should not be seen jumping or ecstasic in sidelines... they should have icebags/bandages on their feet/arms/head etc.
We should start out with a MINIMUM 60 overall in the Draft Combine. Given how poor this year's draft class is so far, with that overall I should be picked between 20th and 29th overall. In 2K11 I HATED having to begin with a freakin poor 39 overall. If an SG is rated that poorly, he wouldn't have been drafted 33rd overall by the Kings, now would he? - The teammate AI should NOT be so AWFUL. If my teammate shoots a wide open 3, he should SCORE that 3 40% of the time. - The game after you have made a trade request, two things should happen: 1. In the Trade Rumor Mill section, when it says that your player wants to be traded, the bullets should say "He is looking for specific teams to play on". 2. At the next home game, the fans have obviously checked NBA.com. They should say much more than just "Trade Him". They should also chant things like "You Suck" and "GTHOH" (which means Get The Hell Outta here). They should also hold up player specific posters saying "We've had enough of him: the ______________ can take him" and other really mean stuff. In the post-game press conference, you should be able to diss the fans saying how trashy they've been to you and how glad you are to be leaving.

- More issues pertaining to the post-game press conferences: 1. The reporters should ask you more than one question, I think a minimum of five questions asked would be good. 2. There should be more topics. For once you hand in your trade request, you should have more than three teams offering for you. The teams bidding for you should not be limited to the teams that you prefer (obviously only your management knows the teams that you desire to sign with). When you see the offers, you should review the conditions and then either Accept or Reject that team's offer. Then you do the same thing with the next offer, and the next offer, and so on. A maximum of 8 teams can bid for you at a time.

- When you are officially traded, you should have the option to formally say goodbye to your teammates and fans. This can be a written letter or a webcast.

I'm sure you all have fantastic suggestions. You are now free to add your opinions.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #1067
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgplayer
- additional crowd animation including not over so ecstasic if not really necessary, some are leaving courts when the game is almost over or not challenging at all. other teams' players/celebreties/etc should be sometimes seen in the crowd and sited by commentators.
- variety of cheerleaders and their outfits.
- mascots not confined to just one place in the court during gameplay
- during pregame, the arena outside (if shown) should have animated crowds and surroundings.
- players sub-in should show that they are walking to scorers table (auto subs)
- animation on players taking off their jogging pants and jackets.
- occassional players/coaches frustration on-court and sometimes getting technical fouls / ejected / fined / suspended.
- more pregame highlights/introduction/previews/routines and half-time shows on/off court, and variety of commercials.
- during pregame, half-time, and post-game you sometimes see kevin, clark, doris speaking... or maybe a few interviews will be nice.
- players that were injured and unable to play should be wearing non-jerseys, coat/tie or sometimes absent in the bench. players that were newly injured should not be seen jumping or ecstasic in sidelines... they should have icebags/bandages on their feet/arms/head etc.
Here are my suggestions:

Fame and Salary Factors:
So far the dominating factor in playing the My Player Mode has been skill points. The problem is that after playing maybe one season you're player can accumulate enough skill points to be an All-Star and put up super star numbers.

This can and does get repetitive, so I'm suggesting that they add more dynamics to the game. Fame (or Respect) would be something which you can control via Media (explained later on). Fame can be useful in endorsements (they can add other things aside from the Jordan company) and even how other players respond to you in games.

The second factor would be Money. In NBA 2k6 they had "My Crib" which could somewhat be reintegrated into 2k12 My Player Mode. This time you will be able to buy things to fill up your house, and also have the option of buying new houses and cars. Also having a wardrobe would be pretty cool, which you could buy different outfits.

The Money/Fame factors will not be very important to the main game though, and If players really don't care about the extra's, they can ignore it and sign for little. For those who do care though, this will add some more flavor to the game and will make it much better.

Media and Cutscene Dynamics: Press conferences after every game seem pretty repetitive after the first five games. The reporters all look alike, ask similar questions, the player wears the same thing everyday, etc.

My suggestion is improve everything, give more choices for answering the questions, do locker-room interviews instead of a press conference sometimes, allow the player to wear different clothes and for the love of God, remove his headband while showing him walking into the game in a suit.

Another part to this is the player voice. Other games such as Def Jam give you the option to pick from multiple voices, they should do that here.

One area which they could upgrade is sound effects. The generic cheers and sounds from the crowd gets annoying because after playing the game for hundreds of hours (yeah I have no life), you actually notice it's the same old sounds over and over again.

The suggestion here is to add more generic sounds, cheers and boo's, and try your best to make it realistic (in 2k11 when the crowd boo's and chants "trade him" it sounds terrible! No real crowd in basketball games are comprised of 100 percent men).

One update which would make the "Fame" factor deeper would be the ability to go to certain events. These events would help your players Fame, but the downside could be missing a drill/practice opportunity. This would probably be very generic and not specific to any real world events just to make it sound reasonable.

The improved Media in 2k12 will work well with Fame, and other dynamics of the game.

Free Agency: I was really disappointed with 2k11 because of one thing. After the season ended, you'd be given a random option to switch your team to two-to-three other teams, or stay on the one you are currently on. That's it...

This killed me. I really thought they had upgraded it, and it's a must have for 2k12! After an NBA season, a Player should be able to negotiate contracts with teams interested in him, and that will include everything which can currently be done in regards to signing Players in the Association game mode.

It'll be up to Players how long they're willing to sign, and for what price, if a no trade clause is worth the smaller salary, etc. Teams might not be interested in Players only looking for one year deals, or maybe give them a smaller role withing the team if they're not willing to commit, etc.

This will work well with the Money factor in the game, and (in my opinion) no other update could improve the My Player Mode as much as this.

Difficulty: The My Player Mode in 2k11 gave options such as quarter length and difficulty, which was good because it gave us more control. The problem is during the start of the game (when it can be pretty hard to score and do well) players are tempted to pick the easiest difficulty and choose the longest quarter length in order do fill up that stat sheet.

This to me kind of kills it because cheating or taking a shortcut provides some short satisfaction but ultimately hurts the overall experience of games. My suggestion is to make Players choose a permanent difficulty from the start. This way, it'll preserve the full game experience some people desire by making it hard, and still protect them from giving into the temptation of cheating.

This will give other Players on your team realistic stats (Kobe did 15 PPG because I played six-to-seven minutes a quarter), and is a small fix which might work too.

Custom Rosters: Another small suggestion which can go a long way. While playing in Association Mode, you can choose to use custom team rosters instead of the default when starting off.

This is huge because throughout the season (or even early on), a big trade could go down, and being forced to play against a team which shouldn't have a certain player really takes away from the experience.

Also, sometimes a player might be projected to be very good or very bad but have exact opposite performances. This will allow a Warriors fan to play along side a Dorell Wright who scores over 15 PPG instead of one who does five PPG. This is a small update but would really help those who like to keep their Rosters up to date and realistic.

Deteriating Skills: Fatigue and Practice: Getting Better is something which might be too easy. Now I do not suggest making it harder to upgrade skills, because early on it can be painful. Rather, I believe a smart way to implement a realistic dynamic into the game and keep Player stats reasonable is to add fatigue and practice. Fatigue can occur in conjunction with a players durability attribute, and can be something which will lower some stats after certain stretches of players using a lot of energy. (Some games the energy bar becomes zero, and you can no longer run until you gain some energy sitting on the bench. Fatigue could be triggered if a player has multiple games like these.)

The second part to keeping skills reasonable without acutely making the game harder is to add practice to the schedule. Players could choose to skip practice, but it'll cost them some attributes going down by one or two.

Players can also choose to skip practice to attend "events", which can include the Media/Fame factors mentioned earlier. The positives to practice would be given a temporary boost in skills depending on how well the Player does during the practice. I imagine it'd be made similar to "drills", but could be done further.

Trades During Season: Giving the option for players to request trades during the season was a very good improvement we saw in 2k11. To take that one step forward, a small update would be to allow teams to trade your Player during the season, and get to check to see which team wants you the most, so you can be prepared.

Realistic Injuries Plus Flagrant Fouls: Usually a player is injured for one-to-two weeks at most, but there is no risk of serious injury in My Player Mode. Still, I think we should have realistic injuries like when you on a fastbreak and you in mid-air about to dunk then an opponent collides into you in mid-air and fall down, that should be a injury for about 2 weeks to heal.

Player Model and Name Recognition: Here I will suggest to improve the Player creation options. NBA 2k3 was pretty good in that they gave you the option to touch every single detail. Basically giving us the option to modify as much details as possible would be best.

I noticed my guy looks kind of "off" in the last two games, and even before that, ever since 2k6, the Player looked a certain way by default. For obvious reasons this will improve the My Player Mode.

The second part to this might sound far fetched, but I don't see why it couldn't be implemented. I'm sure everyone has used Microsoft Narrator or similar programs which plays sound according to what you type.

In NBA 2k12 it'd be awesome if we could write our name (first and last), and then have an option to write the transliteration of how to pronounce it (i.e: I'd write Haaseeeeeb, so they pronounce my name right). This option being given to the nickname selection will make the game feel beyond real.

Now I understand these are two options which realistically will be hard to implement for such a small boost to the game, but they would be great updates regardless.

3-Point Contest/ Dunk Contest: In NBA 2k8 we were able to have Dunk Contests using Tournament Mode. Bringing it back to a lesser extent just for All-Star weekend would be pretty cool in My Player Mode, and could even be added to the Association Mode.

The player would only enter into the contest if he's a good dunker, and will be paired with randomly selected high fliers. It doesn't need to be breathtaking content, but just adding a basic dunk contest to All-Star weekend would be pretty cool. (Note: if player is not selected for the contest, the winner will still be shown on "headlines".)

The second part to this will be the three-point contest. I imagine you will be able to shoot three's from certain hot spots on the court pressing a button on the controller to pick up a new ball.

Like shooting in Drills, a Players precision on the timing of his shot will be important towards scoring. The Player will be selected if he is a top three-point shooter (has good rating/three-point percentage).

Again, this doesn't have to be fancy-shmancy but just having it there will really help. (Note: if player is not selected for the contest, the winner will still be shown on "headlines".)

Note: For both contests, the winners will appear once again the next year.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #1068
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

We have player chemistry for association. It would be nice to have coach player chemistry.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #1069
MVP

OVR: 25

Get LeBron's "Witness" tattoo on his right leg and "History" on his left.

Last edited by youngfaze01; 05-28-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #1070
MVP

OVR: 25

I want to see these Adidas calf sleeves and gear that D.Rose wears. D.Rose also has an "angel" tattoo on the back of his neck, get that in as well.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:37 AM   #1071
Rookie

stball95's Arena

More facial expressions. Especially during dunks/layups/blocks and when you're driving...
Maybe even add signature facial expressions.

Also, add signature celebrations. For instance, when a TrailBlazer hit's a 3-pointer, they do the 3 Goggles thing

Remember this?

Antoine Walker always did that shimmy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #1072
Rookie

OVR: 4

should derrick rose be the cover of 2k12?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »