Home

Regarding the All-Star Difficulty....

This is a discussion on Regarding the All-Star Difficulty.... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Regarding the All-Star Difficulty....

Like two others in this thread I got used to all star and notices the cpu AI making questionable tactics late in games so I bumped it to superstar for the finals in my association. The games are nail biters. The cpu takes advantage of your mistakes and the "gimme" baskets that I could make on all star aren't happening on superstar.

To each his own, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
Like two others in this thread I got used to all star and notices the cpu AI making questionable tactics late in games so I bumped it to superstar for the finals in my association. The games are nail biters. The cpu takes advantage of your mistakes and the "gimme" baskets that I could make on all star aren't happening on superstar.

To each his own, though.
I'm using some sliders now that fits perfectly well with Superstar Difficulty. Currently enjoying every game.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #27
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't know what 2K did with the latest roster update, but the CPU super awareness seems to be turned down, which is a good thing. I was getting frustrating with this game before because the CPU was just super aware of everything on the higher difficulty settings which made those levels unrealistic in my book. Now they react more accordingly while still providing a challenging game. Fast breaks also play out more realistically as a result. I'm not seeing players catch up to me on fast breaks when I clearly have the steps on them.

The only thing that's still less than perfect for me is the passing and teammate AI. They don't react like they should in certain situations, but it's not a game killer for me since I can see that making the game a little too easy if they executed that well. Besides, that will take away the human element of the game (forcing the user to execute himself and not just rely on the AI to do all the work).
Old 01-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15

I was playing on Pro and loving it but I started getting use to it and the CPU became less challenging. I've recently bumped it up to Allstar, I love how the CPU star players try to be more aggressive, but what is annoying is that it seem like every game I will go through a quarter were I only hit one jump shot and the CPU makes everything, plus all kind of silly catch up logic seems to happen, very unrealistic though. Now Im wondering should I go back to pro or maybe bump up to Superstar to see if its more realistic. How does Superstar level play exactly?
Old 01-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #29
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I was playing on Pro and loving it but I started getting use to it and the CPU became less challenging. I've recently bumped it up to Allstar, I love how the CPU star players try to be more aggressive, but what is annoying is that it seem like every game I will go through a quarter were I only hit one jump shot and the CPU makes everything, plus all kind of silly catch up logic seems to happen, very unrealistic though. Now Im wondering should I go back to pro or maybe bump up to Superstar to see if its more realistic. How does Superstar level play exactly?
Do you have Clutch Factor turned on? If so, turn it off and see if that makes a difference. It does for me.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

If u play on Pro the solution is simple: Turn the CPU shooting sliders one notch higher than yours.

All-star u cant do that lol they will destroy u everytime.

But hoenstly, the difficulty settings havent changed AT ALL from any 2k game. Go back to any of the old 2k games and the CPU does get on those 15-0 runs on the higher difficulties. Pro is the only setting that plays with more..."flow" because its the default setting..

Its just how the game was programmed.

Dwayne Wade is the G.O.AT.!!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:59 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord meth
If u play on Pro the solution is simple: Turn the CPU shooting sliders one notch higher than yours.

All-star u cant do that lol they will destroy u everytime.

But hoenstly, the difficulty settings havent changed AT ALL from any 2k game. Go back to any of the old 2k games and the CPU does get on those 15-0 runs on the higher difficulties. Pro is the only setting that plays with more..."flow" because its the default setting..

Its just how the game was programmed.
I agree with you about the "All-Star" part, but I find Superstar difficulty more free flowing than Pro.

Yes, they still have those 15-0 run in Superstar, but not as often as All-Star, and the CPU will have that run in the Superstar difficulty because of bad D. You can counter that with a timely Timeout and a good D.

Another thing in Superstar(with proper sliders or sliders that fits your style), is that every team is playing to their strengths. They know when to double your guy, change into zone D or man D, etc...

I'm not saying that I'm an elite player of the series but as of now, any difficulty lower than Superstar is way too easy for me, regardless of what sliders are being used.

BTW, Pro is the default difficulty because it's more friendly to newcomers. They want them to get a feel first for the game, then take the challenge to another level when they realize that Pro is for newcomers.

Last edited by winrehs_ipang; 01-19-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Added some notes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

There is certainly rubberband a.i. on All-Star. Which would be fine if it weren't implemented in such a cheesy way.

^Cpu full court passes.
^Your players bobble every long pass so the cpu defenders can catch up on fastbreaks.
^Cpu becomes hyper aware and reacts to situations in a really unrealistic manner.
^You get a steal and kinda lose control of your player while he gathers. Cpu gets back.
^Ridiculous speed cheats.
^Poor cpu players get an artificial boost in ability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »