Home

2K - The Blueprint For All Sports Game Companys

This is a discussion on 2K - The Blueprint For All Sports Game Companys within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K - The Blueprint For All Sports Game Companys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trooper 458
If NBA 2K were "poor" and could only afford a few real teams but had the superior gameplay and NBA Live had all the teams but the gameplay sucked, which would be the better game to play?
That's the whole point, 2k would still be the better game to play for a basketball enthusiast but it would be dramatically outsold by EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 2

Why has this thread not been locked??? If the script was flipped and someone posted this in the EA forum and it was pro EA and listed 2k's faults the op would have been bashed and a mod would have scorned him and locked the thread up. And no I'm not pro EA or 2k, I just want balance on these boards.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #27
Rookie

The Trooper 458's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAH30
Yeah but you are totally missing the point. Gameplay obviously is more important but to the masses the official licenses are what the ******/majority of customers are attracted to. People who don't post on forums but people who like the sport and look to pick up a game. There's a massive difference between which is the better game to play and which will have the most commercial success. Licensing is key to big sales and EA knows that more than anyone. Yes, I'd personally still buy 2K without any official licenses but I can pretty much assure you if NBA Elite 2013 dropped with all the licenses and all the EA hype it would outsell NBA 2K13 if it was without any NBA licensing. Would Elite be a better game to play? No. Would it be more appealing to the majority of customers? Yes.

Wasn't really talking about the masses or marketing. Just the reason why FIFA over-took PES. It wasn't entirely down to licenses.

Like I said, FIFA has always had a lot of licenses and the game was terrible until FIFA 09. PES used to be good until PES 6 and it just gradually got worse over the years, just like FIFA before it. Although, it's getting better.

I do see where you're coming from though. Since FIFA 10 there seems to be a lot more "******" soccer game fans jumping on the bandwagon. I don't know if this is directly linked to it being the "better game" or because of the licenses. Might be a bit of both.
NCAA F: Ohio State Buckeyes
NCAA B: San Diego State Aztecs
Old 09-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajknows
Why has this thread not been locked??? If the script was flipped and someone posted this in the EA forum and it was pro EA and listed 2k's faults the op would have been bashed and a mod would have scorned him and locked the thread up. And no I'm not pro EA or 2k, I just want balance on these boards.

Suuuuuuuure....

- Michael Jordan
Old 09-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajknows
You are talking nonsense. I haven't bashed EA I have given an opinion and I have tried to back that opinion up. There is total balance because everyone else has the right to their opinion in this thread. It's not like I just wrote a 5 line paragraph just mindlessly dissing EA.
The whole point of me writing this thread was to create a debate which is what these boards are for surely? If you don't agree with my points I'm not just going to say you're wrong.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Wasn't really talking about the masses or marketing. Just the reason why FIFA over-took PES. It wasn't entirely down to licenses.

Like I said, FIFA has always had a lot of licenses and the game was terrible until FIFA 09. PES used to be good until PES 6 and it just gradually got worse over the years, just like FIFA before it. Although, it's getting better.

I do see where you're coming from though. Since FIFA 10 there seems to be a lot more "******" soccer game fans jumping on the bandwagon. I don't know if this is directly linked to it being the "better game" or because of the licenses. Might be a bit of both.
You make a good point mate.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:

I think 07 is more accurate, after the World Cup in 06 FIFA sales began rising sharply and I directly attribute it to ESPN shoving the World Cup down the throats of every American that watched sports. After that World Cup all of a sudden every person I knew with a next gen console went out and bought FIFA World Cup 06 and then FIFA 07 the next year and have been following along since. I'm talking about people who had NEVER watched or played a match in their life, couldn't name 10 players and never played a football VG in their life, not even aware that PES/WE existed. I also think that's why a lot people hail FIFA as a great representation of football, because they don't actually watch it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #32
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Having played both the Fifa and the PES demo I have to give Fifa the edge. Both games are very similar as EA wisely copied the hell out of the competition but Fifa just seems to have more in the way of extras. It has better collision physics, smoother defensive transitions, better graphics, a more realistic pace with nice walking animations, and music. I'm more accustomed to the right stick stuff in PES so its a little more playable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »