Home

No Improvements To Offline Association huh?

This is a discussion on No Improvements To Offline Association huh? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: No Improvements To Offline Association huh?

So would you guys say the association mode is as good, better, or worse than last years?
Old 10-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #194
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
So would you guys say the association mode is as good, better, or worse than last years?
I would say slightly better. They updated the off season. They didn't add anything though. Different menu and they rearranged the task. Well they did change the draft. Other than a few things looking and worded different its the same. I'm noticing all the same problems I was annoyed with last year unfortunately. Once again 2k you could have fix the problems from last year.

Basically the same though. I didn't care about it being the same I just wanted the problems fixed. 2k why take out editing age? GEEZEEEEEE. I really hope 2k can throw us a association patch. I hope they ask us for the problems or just go over this thread. I just cant figure out why they did not fix the problems. The mode is good. It could be great with some fixes. I hope 2k put their self's in our shoes and realize we are going to have to play this mode for a year.

Last edited by haloofduty; 10-04-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #195
Rookie

OVR: 0

Why do people post in threads like this if they don't agree with the premise?

Do you think you're going to waltz into a thread and make someone say "gee you're right, I guess I'm not upset about my favorite game mode being broken for the 4th year in a row." It's like opening a Laker thread to tell everyone why they should be a Celtics fan.

Also, what do you think you're contributing by shooting down someone else's opinion as wrong/invalid? He clearly likes this game mode and he's upset that it hasn't been updated...where do you get off telling him he's wrong for feeling that way?

I don't understand why asking 2k to fix things that are BROKEN is unreasonable anyway..he's not asking them to add new features to Association and ignore other things, he simply wants what's broken (and what's BEEN broken, some of which they blatantly lied about fixing last year) fixed.

Last edited by DemiGodzillla; 10-04-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #196
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
So it is all about YOU.

To YOU making minor changes to offline comes before revolutionising online.

YOU clearly don't understand.

YOU need to understand that YOU are in the minority in terms of YOUR complaints.

YOU are selfish.

YOU are the one that needs better perspective, OP.
You clearly have an issue with reading comprehension and responding to comments unrelated to you.

What I pointed out has as much to do with improving the offline experience as it does with the online experience considering they are the same mode.

I dont feel the need to keep explaining myself because several other posters have made valid points that demonstrate our shared feelings on this issue.

Last edited by Ricky Rowe Zay; 10-04-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #197
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I would say slightly better. They updated the off season. They didn't add anything though. Different menu and they rearranged the task. Well they did change the draft. Other than a few things looking and worded different its the same. I'm noticing all the same problems I was annoyed with last year unfortunately. Once again 2k you could have fix the problems from last year.

Basically the same though. I didn't care about it being the same I just wanted the problems fixed. 2k why take out editing age? GEEZEEEEEE. I really hope 2k can throw us a association patch. I hope they ask us for the problems or just go over this thread. I just cant figure out why they did not fix the problems. The mode is good. It could be great with some fixes. I hope 2k put their self's in our shoes and realize we are going to have to play this mode for a year.
Please tell me this isnt true.

I usually lowered ages each year to keep players like Ray Allen, Duncan, Nash, VC, etc from retiring so soon. Not to say that they wont retire in 3-5 years, but they certainly aren't retiring following this season.

Does this have an effect on the generic D-League players too? We stuck with generic scrubs for eternity?
Old 10-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #198
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiGodzillla
Why do people post in threads like this if they don't agree with the premise?

Do you think you're going to waltz into a thread and make someone say "gee you're right, I guess I'm not upset about my favorite game mode being broken for the 4th year in a row." It's like opening a Laker thread to tell everyone why they should be a Celtics fan.

Also, what do you think you're contributing by shooting down someone else's opinion as wrong/invalid? He clearly likes this game mode and he's upset that it hasn't been updated...where do you get off telling him he's wrong for feeling that way?

I don't understand why asking 2k to fix things that are BROKEN is unreasonable anyway..he's not asking them to add new features to Association and ignore other things, he simply wants what's broken (and what's BEEN broken, some of which they blatantly lied about fixing last year) fixed.
He is asking them to ignore something. There is a finite amount of time for developers to get things done. To fix this, THEY WILL have to ignore some other aspect of the game. Its a simple concept called opportunity costs. If they fixed your issue, there is someone else would have a thread, "Why haven't They implemented Online Association Yet," or "Post Game Same As Last Year," or some other thread that someone else is as passionate about as guys are in this thread.

Therefore, they make a decision. Unfortunately, your issues do not sell as well as a new post game or online association. You don't have to like it and you are well within your right as the consumer, to use your purchasing power to make a statement. Threads like this make you seem like you are a minority though, especially when people are raving about the post game, online association, and other improvements. I'd say, put it in the 2k13 improvements thread and they will improve it as long as they have the time.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #199
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
He is asking them to ignore something. There is a finite amount of time for developers to get things done. To fix this, THEY WILL have to ignore some other aspect of the game. Its a simple concept called opportunity costs. If they fixed your issue, there is someone else would have a thread, "Why haven't They implemented Online Association Yet," or "Post Game Same As Last Year," or some other thread that someone else is as passionate about as guys are in this thread.

Therefore, they make a decision. Unfortunately, your issues do not sell as well as a new post game or online association. You don't have to like it and you are well within your right as the consumer, to use your purchasing power to make a statement. Threads like this make you seem like you are a minority though, especially when people are raving about the post game, online association, and other improvements. I'd say, put it in the 2k13 improvements thread and they will improve it as long as they have the time.
do you code games? everything they add before erasing those bugs makes them put in twice the time needed to fix them later because it has also an effect on the code they added. i dont get why they add something like online association when the core (offline association) is broken. only way to make them feel my anger is not to buy the game and thats exactly what i do.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #200
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98

Once again we come back to this conundrum.

What is the point of implementing Online Association without fixing the bugs related to Association? Yeah, its great they finally allow it to be Online. However, you'd expect that they would iron out these same issues that were brought to their attention with Association in 2K11 and even some that have continued throughout previous versions.

Keep in mind nobody is asking for a time consuming overhaul to the Association Mode that would've had to become a major focus of the devs. There were simply numerous bugs that were prevalent with Association in 2K11, fixing those issues would've made a statement to to go along with the introduction of the Online Association.

That is all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »