Home

Are reviewers actually playing the game?

This is a discussion on Are reviewers actually playing the game? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Are reviewers actually playing the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballfreak24
all these reviews are garbage and are done by casual gamers and NOT hardcore NBA2k gamers. no way this game receives a 9.5 or 10 rating. i would say 8.5. yall already know the mess that is 2k's online capability. but skip that. the playbook setup is a nightmare. anyone who has tried to learn the plays knows what im talking about. the gameplay improvements alone get this game to an 8 easy but lets not go crazy here. its alot of stuff that you would expect to work thats not working properly. defintely got some work ahead for NBA 2k13. solid 8.5 rating all day.
I agree 100%
Old 10-06-2011, 09:34 AM   #18
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..GameOver..
I think the game does have some flaws but I have yet to experience the defense skating on ice thing. The heat check thing is not that big of a deal in my opinion to warrant the rating they dish out to be any less than what they did.

The only major issue for me with this game is the CPU blowing up teams in MP and Association.
i have actually seen the ice skating thing somewhat...not a big deal but it does happen
Old 10-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #19
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

The rating does not concern me one bit. The only ratings that matter to you should be your own satisfaction. Was it money well spent, would you take it back for a refund? This game is not perfect but it plays some of the best if you are on this website you knew enough going in whether this game made improvements and the previews told you pretty much everything
Old 10-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

This game is insanely good. I'm shocked you think it's that bad.

Just shows we all have different opinions, but this was totally shocking to me. I got blocked after a pump fake while the dude was going ON THE WAY DOWN.

This game is bananas.

Deeproute is a free to play GM/Coach simulator, and it's awesome.

Like us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeepRoute/102615446464773
Old 10-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
This game has so many problems from CPU blowing up teams on association and my player, defense feels like u are skating on ice, heat check missing, ect. These are thing reviewers could of easily spotted but made no mention. Makes me think these ppl are not even playing enough games before reviewing. If you played 2K11 a lot like the IGN reviewer said he should of mentioned all the flaws instead of only the weird face remark.
Here's the cool thing: I bet those reviewers completely disagree with you like you disagree with them because, you know, everyone has their own opinion. I personally think the game is amazing, but apparently you don't. (even though you failed to mention what you would score it and why) Just because you disagree with something doesn't make it wrong. Especially when it comes to personal preference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #22
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
lol at dude who wrote a wall of text talking about 2k12 is the greatest.
Gameplay wise it's by far the best sport game ever.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Damn, another day in OP Forum lmao There is always some war going on in these forums maybe once a day at least lol Bottom line this, NO one is really wrong or right, why? cause its a matter of OPINION, everyone has one, its there opinion. You don't like the game, hey then you don't, if you do then you do. BUT making threads like this are useless ,what comes out of it other than people going back and fourth lmao
Old 10-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 11

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and apparently the reviewers liked it and you do not. You also cannot say in truth that they didn't play enough and you did, you've only had the game for 2 days, this being the third day now. You haven't played that much more than they did. I personally agree with all of the glowing reviews as I think NBA 2K delivered yet again, and in a big way.

Only thing upsetting me at this point is extended stretches throughout the game where the SG tries to help out down low and keeps leaving his man wide open on the perimeter, even if he is a proficient three-point shooter. That can easily be patched though. Online needs some work as well, but I don't play online frequently at all so it's not that big of a deal for me, but it could be for other people.

Other than that, how is the game-play not perfect? Graphics are outstanding, the facial details for every single player is remarkable this year, and the game-play is just so smooth and fluid. This really is sim basketball this year. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way, but you can't just say the reviewers are wrong, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All I'm saying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »