Home

Are reviewers actually playing the game?

This is a discussion on Are reviewers actually playing the game? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Are reviewers actually playing the game?

This game has so many problems from CPU blowing up teams on association and my player, defense feels like u are skating on ice, heat check missing, ect. These are thing reviewers could of easily spotted but made no mention. Makes me think these ppl are not even playing enough games before reviewing. If you played 2K11 a lot like the IGN reviewer said he should of mentioned all the flaws instead of only the weird face remark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Are reviewers actually playing the game?

I think the game does have some flaws but I have yet to experience the defense skating on ice thing. The heat check thing is not that big of a deal in my opinion to warrant the rating they dish out to be any less than what they did.

The only major issue for me with this game is the CPU blowing up teams in MP and Association.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

You shouldn't really take any review from a major website seriously. They are based on a few days to a week of gameplay. You cannot judge a game based on that short amount of time. It usually takes a month or two, to see the game in its fullness, warts and all.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:35 AM   #4
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
You shouldn't really take any review from a major website seriously. They are based on a few days to a week of gameplay. You cannot judge a game based on that short amount of time. It usually takes a month or two, to see the game in its fullness, warts and all.
Funny you say this when the OP is going the same, the game was released on Tuesday today is Thursday.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Funny you say this when the OP is going the same, the game was released on Tuesday today is Thursday.
And yet he's managed to spot things wrong with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 05:43 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
And yet he's managed to spot things wrong with the game.
And we know you're unbiased, right, Live/Elite fan?

Dude was crapping on NBA 2K on the Live board, ya'll.

- Michael Jordan
Old 10-06-2011, 05:47 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

I doubt reviewers played much of the game, they bought into the hype too much and just said "herp derp, this is the gratest game evar it's got legends and stuff cool". They don't know much about gameplay they just get sucked in by presentation and stuff. Also some reviewers do get payed to give high reviews. 2k12 is close to being great but the horrible passing and unrealistic ai reflexes and cheating really can kill the mood.

Also i've noticed that while the 2k forums are full of hate, it seems like this place is full of blind praise. It's like some people work for 2k, where's the happy medium?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #8
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

OVR: 2

I do find once you learn the controls it's easier to score on the defense(and not in a good way).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »