Home

Too much bumping/holding.

This is a discussion on Too much bumping/holding. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #17
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Too much bumping/holding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
I have tried not using turbo. It doesn't matter. I've tried doing the off ball controls. I kind of suck at them for one, which is why I'd prefer just running to my spot which I should be able to do. I don't think I should have to do any of these mortal kombat moves to get somewhere on the court. Also, doing those off ball controls isn't as precise as I want.
Hmmm. I know there is a specific offball control that allows you to spin. Go to scrimmage/practice plays/freelance, wherever they let you practice offball controls, and try and see if you can find the spin animation on the offball controls. When you get bumped, try using that animation. Logically, it should work and you should get just enough space to the point where you won't be in danger of being bumped again.

If it doesn't well...yu're probably just going to have to deal with that annoyance
Old 10-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
Exactly. Look at Ray Allen trying to run his routes in real life and how physical it gets, constantly getting hung up, bounced off his path, big men throwing their hips into him or stepping in his path, etc. Welcome to basketball.
Yep, the game is physical now, much more so. It's awesome.

The whole game seems harder, which would be a easy to complain about, or you can embrace the additional skill required.

It'll be that much more rewarding when we get it.

Deeproute is a free to play GM/Coach simulator, and it's awesome.

Like us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeepRoute/102615446464773
Old 10-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by notque
Yep, the game is physical now, much more so. It's awesome.

The whole game seems harder, which would be a easy to complain about, or you can embrace the additional skill required.

It'll be that much more rewarding when we get it.
I disagree, it's not that much about skill. And it's unrealistic the way the contact is implemented, it's overdone. People don't get SUCKED into contact animations or boxing out.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
I completely agree.

Except just change "Too much" to "Not enough"
Nah it's about right. The only thing that is lacking is more control over the amount of physicality you can use. I love pushing people down under the rim. That really makes me laugh.

They finally made it hard to rebound.

Plus I have a pretty easy time getting to the spot I want to get to. You just need to figure it out. Basically, something like that is what makes the game great.

-Smak
Old 10-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFACE03
I disagree, it's not that much about skill. And it's unrealistic the way the contact is implemented, it's overdone. People don't get SUCKED into contact animations or boxing out.
Double Post:

They don't, but if they didn't then it would be easy to just go around them and rebound like last year. Or just post up right under the rim.

Edit: Last year I made a 6'5 SF and I was getting double digit rebounds and like 6 or 7 offensive, easily. So something had to be done.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 10-06-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Plus I have a pretty easy time getting to the spot I want to get to. You just need to figure it out. Basically, something like that is what makes the game great.

-Smak
Yeah? By holding RB and pressing left twice and then holding right? It's a freaking basketball game, not a fighting game. I should be able to just move the left stick in the direction I want to go and go there. Yeah, pressing up, up, down, down, left right left right B A and start should do something more fancy, but I should at least be able to run to a spot on the court without getting a 3 second violation because I'm being held in the paint.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #23
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

I agree the bumping is really annoying..A few of the plays in my player have me running around screens and it literally takes me about 100-15 seconds to get to the spot because I will "run into" the guy thats guarding me about 7 times.

The game of basketball is physical dont get me wrong, but the way it happens in this game is not the way it happens in real life. In this game the same bumping animation happens 6 times in a row with my player moving nowhere and to get around it I have to run all the way around everybody just to get where I need to be for the play to continue.

This is literally the only part of the game that is flawed.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
Yeah? By holding RB and pressing left twice and then holding right? It's a freaking basketball game, not a fighting game. I should be able to just move the left stick in the direction I want to go and go there. Yeah, pressing up, up, down, down, left right left right B A and start should do something more fancy, but I should at least be able to run to a spot on the court without getting a 3 second violation because I'm being held in the paint.
There needs to be an ability to bump people who are driving. That is one flawed physical contact, but what spot are you trying to go to? Who is bumping you?

If it's your man, you should be able to get off of it. You can go the other direction. I think sometimes you can get held, but if you keep playing you will figure out how to get out of the animations. I got a 3 second violation once and it was annoying because I was like I CAN'T GET AWAY. But I think I've got it now.

And if the guy bumping you is someone elses man, hold onto him. That means the guy is going off of his man and is stuck to you.

I love the physicality of basketball. That's my favorite part. Fighting for position, etc. This is such a huge step from last year. They could give you a better 'push off' animation maybe. And maybe a few more fouls for obvious holds, but the actual contact part is spot on. You shouldn't be running right through people or around them.

The thing is, if you are playing against the computer, it is engaging you and bumping you. You see what I mean? It's not that there is some broken system, the computer is choosing to bump you. Not like you are just running and they are running randomly and you get stuck in an animation.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »