Home

For a realistic gameplay experience, try Pro/Default Slider settings

This is a discussion on For a realistic gameplay experience, try Pro/Default Slider settings within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #161
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: For a realistic gameplay experience, try Pro/Default Slider settings

I'm going to tweak some things on all star but it felt really good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #162
MVP

OVR: 15

Finally tried a game on Allstar default. Played against Orlando - ball movement was very good and the CPU offense was aggresive. Saw some moves pulled off by the CPU that I don't normally see on Pro level. My only gripe so far is the D. Howard only attempted 5 shots the entire game, he didn't look to score alot and the CPU offense was not feeding him the ball. For once this isn't a tendency issue, because I checked the tendencies and he is set at 88 shot tendency and the Orlando Coaching slider for feeding the post was set at 99? It was only one game though so it is hard to judge/compare Allstar default to Pro default, I need to play a few more games and maybe tweak the sliders a bit.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava Medvadenko
I've been switching back and forth between Pro, Allstar, and Superstar. Pro seems less annoying because a big factor this year in adding to the difficulty is the rubber banding, meaning the computer would shoot better and you shoot worse for an extended period of time or vice versa. It has been there in years past, but it is very noticeable this year. Those times when you miss like four jumpers in a row, and could've sworn you shot some of them right? You probably did.

The reason is this: past years have been too easy. How many of use could blow out the other team on Hall of Fame in 2k11 or 2k10? I certainly could, and I'm betting most who've played 2k for years could, too. So this year the rubber banding was emphasized to keep games close, along with the usual computer playing better and your guys playing worse.

Pro is less annoying to me because the rubberbanding either isn't there or is barely there. When the cpu scores, its more like "well played" than "that's cheap". For 2k13 and beyond, it would be great if the difficulty was ramped up because the cpu is playing that much better, and not so much based on rubber banding or dumbing down your teammates. Teams go on runs in real life, and maybe they were trying to emulate that, but it feels very artificial this year. I wouldn't want them to think of rubber banding as the key to adding difficulty in future iterations.
That's why difficulty and sim should be split...until they can make the game difficult because the CPU plays smart, why not give sim junkies their fill, rather than force them have to play on the easiest setting and play against a dumb CPU.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #164
All Star

OVR: 21

After playing the game a ton since release I'd have to say Pro definitely seems to be the way to go. I like the cpu aggressive play on All-Star/SIM but the rubberbanding can get frustrating. Hoping 2K can limit the amount of cheating the cpu will do on All-Star and above with a future patch. In the meantime, I've found a great sweet spot on Pro.

One change I recently made has given the game a whole new level of enjoyment for me. On Pro/SIM but turned up the Offensive Awareness to 80 for hum/cpu and bumped up the Defensive Awareness slightly to 51. AND taking Czar's suggestion and turning ON full play diagrams while setting the cpu run plays option to Auto. Before I was playing with the play diagrams at Lite. With it on full it's easy to see how much I was actually breaking the plays being run. For people that don't know the playbooks/plays I highly recommend turning these options on. It really opens up a whole new level of strategy - even the defense on both teams play better, I guess because I'm no longer constantly breaking the play the cpu's trying to run. And they're far less intrusive visually than I thought they would be. I get the feeling a lot of people are essentially playing freestyle while trying to play SIM, which was easier to get away with in 2K11.

One quick story, was playing NBA Today game yesterday Bulls (me) vs. Trailblazers. cpu Aldridge was KILLING me inside and mid-range - loved it. I'd try to cheat down with my guard at times and he'd kick out to Mathews who'd hit a key shot or to Felton who was killing w/dribble penetration. Not sure if this would work in real life, but I stuck Noah on Aldridge and Boozer on Oden/Camby and Deng on Mathews while making slight adjustments up/down to coach options during timeouts. Just loved how I was able to really slow Aldridge down with Noah, and was able to freelance some with whoever was covering Oden or Camby because they're not much an offensive threat.

I'm a relative basketball novice when it comes to most people here and I know everyone's playing with his own super-modified rosters/slider sets or whatnot... but to me this game offers so much depth it's incredible.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 11-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #165
MVP

OVR: 26

Pro with "real %" on does play well.

But the broken cpu double team system and logic. [they never double hot players specifically in the post.... ever.] ruins the single player experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #166
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster
Pro with "real %" on does play well.

But the broken cpu double team system and logic. [they never double hot players specifically in the post.... ever.] ruins the single player experience.
Maybe you're just embellishing, but I disagree.

I played a game on Pro yesterday as the Pacers against the Nets. I forced Lopez into foul trouble early with penetration and, when they put in Johan Petro, I began to salivate. Then I began to feed Hibbert in the post. As soon as I did, they began to bring the double team. They did this for the first few minutes until I adjusted and went back to other scoring options.

During the second half, I started by feeding Roy in the post and they didn't start double teaming him until he hit 2 or 3 shots. Once that happened, they started double teaming him again.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #167
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
During the second half, I started by feeding Roy in the post and they didn't start double teaming him until he hit 2 or 3 shots. Once that happened, they started double teaming him again.
Roy was still guarded by Petro or by Lopez when New Jersey started to double???
Old 11-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #168
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Turning this game down to pro and tweaking the sliders was the best thing I ever did, game, for me, plays perfectly now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »