Home

This game is simply button smashing ******ation...

This is a discussion on This game is simply button smashing ******ation... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: This game is simply button smashing ******ation...

Did you play 2k9,10, or 11 online? The randoms have been button mashing forever. Remember how people would try to run players at you at halfcourt in 2k11 to try and get the charge/steal animation?

It works to my advantage when someone is running players at me attempting steals. It's an aggressive risky type of gamestyle that can be exploited with spin moves, crossovers, and well timed passes.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #18
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
Did you play 2k9,10, or 11 online? The randoms have been button mashing forever. Remember how people would try to run players at you at halfcourt in 2k11 to try and get the charge/steal animation?

It works to my advantage when someone is running players at me attempting steals. It's an aggressive risky type of gamestyle that can be exploited with spin moves, crossovers, and well timed passes.
Unfortunately, the laggy control responsiveness online with this patch makes exploiting them much more difficult.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #19
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I don't steal spam. I don't force shots. I don't run around the perimeter all day trying to penetrate the lane. I play patient, smart basketball. Unfortunately, this game is so fundamentally flawed since the latest patch, the same tactics that the patch were looking to address are still being used, albeit with less success than before. But because of the unresponsiveness of the controls now, coupled with the sliding, warping defenders and slowed shooting animations, players can play reckless defense and still have success.
lol so they tried to appease you guys complaining and you're saying they made it worse? Everytime I come to this forum I think of the three bears and the my porridge is too hot, my porridge is too cold, etc. I am a 360 user btw so guess I'll see Tuesday but doubting my expectations are where yours are. When I've played someone online that's really knowledgeable about the game I've gotten beaten.

While I do think 2K could tweak things some to punish people more that constantly hack, they do seem to make up the majority of players online. The argument could be made that you need to adjust more to them, than they need to adjust to you. 2K12 is easily the deepest basketball game to date imo; players do have a lot at their disposal. But I think the people that really know/use the playbooks, really know/use isomotion, etc. are in the minority.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 11-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I have to agree with the OP. Despite the latest patch, passing is still slow, unresponsive, and floaty online. (It's a bit better offline, though.) Defensive players are able to cover a lot of ground, plus they are able to move faster than both the ball and the offensive player in many instances. This bails out lowly skilled users by allowing them to get strong defensive teams, such as the Heat, and play lazy defense knowing that the patch changes will bail them out. When you add in the low foul tendencies and ice skating, you can see why this game is less about stick skills and basketball IQ and more about who can get their navigate with their star player the best.
The defensive ice skating is my biggest gripe. I pay attention to the movements of my defender and break him down so I can take the LT angle (because most are anticipating the turbo angle) but they can slide themselves back into position even when playing tight defense. I wouldn't care if games took 40 minutes to finish it actually called fouls and taught people to be patient.

When someone gambles in the passing lanes, there needs to be an offball foul or a trip up animation like the one that occurs for offensive players.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

only one thing about this game. a whole mess game. what a waste for $60. not worth it. online is a mess, 3pts shootout until the end of the game. press the steal button all the time, defense is a mess.what a joke. this is my last purchased for 2k games. NBA LIVE is the best!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Unfortunately, the laggy control responsiveness online with this patch makes exploiting them much more difficult.
Has the PS3 patch made it more laggy than before? I'm on the 360 and have been able to take advantage of risky button mashing.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #23
Banned

SIZEqueen's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gensancaloy
only one thing about this game. a whole mess game. what a waste for $60. not worth it. online is a mess, 3pts shootout until the end of the game. press the steal button all the time, defense is a mess.what a joke. this is my last purchased for 2k games. NBA LIVE is the best!
Come on bro, say what you really mean!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #24
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
Has the PS3 patch made it more laggy than before? I'm on the 360 and have been able to take advantage of risky button mashing.
It's not laggy from a framerate standpoint, but it's laggy from a control input to action standpoint. It's resulting in lazy defense from both sides. This is probably why most are still trying to steal spamming because actually trying to D up is pointless because of the delayed response and massive sliding. Again, this is only for online. Offline is fine from the little bit I played.

Also, shooting, passing, and layup animations are slower, so this makes offense more frustrating as well.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 11-06-2011 at 03:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »