Home

2K12 or Skyrim?

This is a discussion on 2K12 or Skyrim? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-24-2011, 03:39 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K12 or Skyrim?

Hard to decide. Mindbending.

Go with Skyrim, But 2k12 is worth picking up, after the prices drop.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #10
CHF
Rookie

CHF's Arena

OVR: 3

Skyrim is amazing. I have logged 85 hours and don't see myself letting up anytime soon.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm only usually allowed to have 3 games at a time (I'm not a child, I'm married, but it's kind of the same thing) and the key games I have are 2k12, skyrim and arkham city.

Like someone else said, of you can get both get both. But if it's only one I would probably lean to skyrim. Mainly because you can always watch real NBA games but you can't really watch something like skyrim, if you know what I mean.

Good luck with your choice bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 26

I love Skyrim. Played over 50hrs with an illusion master vampire character and didnt even touch the main quest.
I am at the point now that I can run into any town, and cause mass mayhem and just sit back and watch the carnage unfold.
I have since started again as an entirely different build [wood elf huntress] and will do the main quest with her.

2K12 is too much of a dissapointment due to the one issue I cannot handle. the lack of cpu double teams. As I only play against the cpu. this is a game breaker for me.
so Skyrim it is for me.
Although I am getting Dark Souls for Xmas and cant wait to feel the frustration and satisfaction that that game is so famous for. Bring on my 1st rage quit lol..

In saying all of this. the question of the OP is pretty silly really. The games are completely different. Its like asking what fruit should I eat. an apple or an orange?
Old 12-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would always go with basketball 1st before any other games simply because I love basketball. Although skyrim is an excellent game. But I never pick any games over sports title because of the replay value and my love for sports in general. So it matters how much you want your fantasy basketball or your fantasy rpg.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #14
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
(I'm not a child, I'm married, but it's kind of the same thing)
That has got to be one of the funniest lines I have read here...not because I am laughing at you, but because of the subtle truth.

As to the purpose of this thread, here is what I think. Get Skyrim now and play the hell out of it. 2k12 is OK, but I am willing to bet that 13 will be better. So, ignore this year's title and focus what is truly a groundbreaking game in Skyrim. Once you are through with that gem, 2k13 will be out for next year.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #15
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

well im probably biased because RPGs are not my thing, but get 2k12. i went to a friends house and played skyrim/watched him play skyrim and nothing in that game appealed to me at all. it just was not fun. 2k12 you cannot go wrong with, get it and love it. or just get both
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

What is Skyrim? Is it for nerds, or will a "jock" actually enjoy it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »