Home

Small Time Trades in Association

This is a discussion on Small Time Trades in Association within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Rookie

BasedTaylor's Arena

OVR: 4
Small Time Trades in Association

Ok, so I know there's a lot of threads about good ideas for big time trades in Association Mode BUT what about all those minor trades that get done year in and year out? It's really hard to account for those and sometimes you need a better perspective for certain teams to get deals done.

So I was hoping maybe we could get a lot of ideas going in here on those kind of trades that might not get as much pub but they're needed to keep our associations going when we're controlling all 30 teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Small Time Trades in Association

You could always do something with the Spurs. Richard Jefferson's contract and a young player (Blair or Anderson) for a big guy. Maybe to Golden State for Biedrins? Even though he's not really all that good this year.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

@OP, I was thinking the exact same thing. As a resident of Sacramento, I can tell you that the Kings have been shopping Fransisco Garcia for a while. Send him to a defensive team in need of some scoring. Maybe Boston or Detroit.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Rookie

BasedTaylor's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay916
@OP, I was thinking the exact same thing. As a resident of Sacramento, I can tell you that the Kings have been shopping Fransisco Garcia for a while. Send him to a defensive team in need of some scoring. Maybe Boston or Detroit.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for. Insight from fans of specific teams etc. Good stuff.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Bobby Baseball's Arena

OVR: 1

I like to trade Toney Douglas for Yi Jianlian. The Knicks are weak up front off the bench, relying on Renaldo Balkman and Jared Jeffries, so Yi is a good fit for them. The Mavericks have Jason Kidd and Delonte West so I figure they could use a good young point guard to bring some energy off the bench.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Baseball
I like to trade Toney Douglas for Yi Jianlian. The Knicks are weak up front off the bench, relying on Renaldo Balkman and Jared Jeffries, so Yi is a good fit for them. The Mavericks have Jason Kidd and Delonte West so I figure they could use a good young point guard to bring some energy off the bench.
Not bad. Makes sense for both teams. This is assuming Yi can actually play a little.

Here's a trade I contemplated in my Warriors association. It's a small trade but it makes sense for both teams. I didn't pull the trigger on it though, but it's still tempting.

Warriors get:
SF John Salmons
PF/C Chuck Hayes

Kings get:
SF Dorrell Wright
C Andris Biedrins

They swap bad contracts in Salmons and Biedrins, and swap starting SFs. Kings get a little younger and get a legit back-up for Cousins, and Warriors get a dynamic scorer and a banger down low who will eat up rebounds and play defense, both which they desperately need. Both teams get better I reckon.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332

Warriors get:
SF John Salmons
PF/C Chuck Hayes

Kings get:
SF Dorrell Wright
C Andris Biedrins

They swap bad contracts in Salmons and Biedrins, and swap starting SFs. Kings get a little younger and get a legit back-up for Cousins, and Warriors get a dynamic scorer and a banger down low who will eat up rebounds and play defense, both which they desperately need. Both teams get better I reckon.
I would decline that trade in a heartbeat honestly. I'm a warriors fan as well, have been for years, and I don't like that trade. Dorell is a lights out shooter and pretty valuable to the team, and we could get more for him. And Chuck Hayes isn't exactly a great big man, which is the main thing the warriors will trade for.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Love this thread as its typically the small deals or pick ups that win the title.
The kings-warriors trade is pretty fair, but I agree I think best player in trade in wright and not so sure I'd give him up.
Sixers could use scoring and I like F.Garcia but they are stacked at the 2-3 positions. Sixers in need of big men with injuries to hawes and Vuc

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »