Home

Best Plays to Use

This is a discussion on Best Plays to Use within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Best Plays to Use

So I am recently getting into using plays a lot. I use to mainly just free lance. Well I'm getting sick of it and realize that in order to take my game to the next level I need to utilize plays more. I have a fantasy drafted team that I am trying to create a playbook for. I have found that a lot of plays take too long or the computer just seems to be really stupid(standing in the paint when they should be cutting) which makes the play take long. This leads to making the play take longer than 24 seconds and not working. Its frustrating so I'm trying to find plays that are effective.I am the magic and I have:

Pau Gasol
Chris Kaman
Ryan Anderson
Ray Allen

These are the players that I am going to want to run plays for primarily. I have found 1 or 2 plays that work ok for Allen and 1 or 2 that work ok for Gasol and Kaman(haven't really found an effective play for anderson yet). I was wondering (with all you experienced 2k players) what are some plays that I should be running for these guys(what play is it and what team has this play)? Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm trying to learn more of the intricacies of the game and this is one place that I do need some help in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Best Plays to Use

Try SAS Offball screen, Mem Offball screen, Bos offball entry pass, det quick screen, etc. for ray allen. Check Bostons, Memphis, Detroit, and San Antonio's playbooks for good screen plays.

Ryan Anderson I'd isolate, space the floor, and do a pick and pop with him. Gasol I'd just do quick postups and maybe try Phi Alley. Check Philly's playbook and it is the first ally oop play you see.

Youtube
Old 02-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im really surprised there was no official associations play books thread because once you get a few years into association your team is probably going to be much different. I like Ind offscreen 2 &3 for 3pt plays which may work for ray depending on his hot zones.
My main players are
Kemba walker ( because of developement he can score form anywhere)
Paul George
Nicholas Batum
Josh Smith
Roy Hibbert

So far im really struggling with good mid range plays for kemba, batum and paul

Last edited by happy_accidents3; 02-24-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

For Ray Allen, open up the Bulls playbook and find the 3pt play 'Piston Stretch'.

Lethal play.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
For Ray Allen, open up the Bulls playbook and find the 3pt play 'Piston Stretch'.

Lethal play.
Even better than this play is DAL Jet Over which has same action as Pistons 12 Stretch except its followed by a PNR if the shot isnt there...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Even better than this play is DAL Jet Over which has same action as Pistons 12 Stretch except its followed by a PNR if the shot isnt there...
Nice - good looks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »