Home

ROSTER UPDATE 2/25/12

This is a discussion on ROSTER UPDATE 2/25/12 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #33
Rookie

chrisc724's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: ROSTER UPDATE 2/25/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
This is part of the reason I think there's 2K's reputation... and the perception of their reputation. As Shadows posted above me, a lot of people seem to share your view - that the devil's in the details and if they fail delivering something perceived as easy, it's that they don't care. Your example took it a step further and said they knew of the issue and purposely chose not to fix it, which I've seen no evidence of. But that's the perception I think some will come away with. But we hear more about where they fail versus where they've succeeded. This is an example where a small issue is being made out to be a much bigger issue than it was imo.
Yeah, I see where you are coming from...maybe I look at this through my perspective too much. If I were in the chair, being aware of the flaws that are existent in the All-Star game, fixing the All-Star arena would be the #1 priority, as we both agree. Like you said, big issue is where it matters most, and the small issues shouldn't be treated like big issues. I also agree with that, which is why I don't whine like a lot of people do. I'm not going to make a new thread JUST to say that 2K NEEDS to fix the arena name on the menu. That's making a big deal out of it. I'm just stating that 2K's rep actually has a bit of truth to it. True, they don't deserve all the **** they get, but they deserve something.

But me, being in the chair, testing out to see if the arena is working as it should, I would easily notice that the arena name on the menu is wrong (which is how I came up with the conclusion that maybe they don't feel the need to fix it). Why fix up something that's not 100% fixed? That's where the logic still doesn't make sense to me.

You said the perception that people have of 2K is that they don't care. In my opinion, I say the majority of people that post on 2K forums think like that. Personally, I don't necessarily think that 2K doesn't care, but that they do deserve some constructive criticism for how they are functioning. I still enjoy the game, but I don't have expectations of things being fixed or edited, based on their record of either fixing things very late, or not fixing them at all.

I agree a lot with what you are saying, but what I am trying to make sense of is that 2K does deserve a bit of critique on how they work.

That is all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »