Home

What is defensive assist strength, is there any reason to not put it at 100 online?

This is a discussion on What is defensive assist strength, is there any reason to not put it at 100 online? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What is defensive assist strength, is there any reason to not put it at 100 online?

Nobody responded to similar threads. Some of you people move it before you play, do tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Banned

thuglife74's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What is defensive assist strength, is there any reason to not put it at 100 onlin

you're talking about the lone slider in controller options?
Old 03-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What is defensive assist strength, is there any reason to not put it at 100 onlin

Yup. Some people move it around, some probably have no idea it's there.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goonibomber
Nobody responded to similar threads. Some of you people move it before you play, do tell.
It's how much you want the computer to help you play defense.
On 0%, you are controlling the full actions of the player you are defending with. On 100%, you are getting a lot of help from the AI while playing defense. The AI might react for a loose ball on its own, try to contest a shot if you are near a shooter, or help pick up a man on a pick & roll. (YOU STILL HAVE CONTROL OVER THE PLAYER, IT JUST HELPS PLAY DEFENSE)

I sometimes find it annoying that it does stuff without me actually controlling the defender, but then again Russel Westbrook blows past me to windmill dunk way less than if I didn't have it on. (I feel Westbrook is a glitch, and they made him ridiculous...)

I like to play with it on 50% or 75%
Old 03-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goonibomber
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

When I play the CPU, I have to put it on 0 because now I play a lot better defense than I did a few months ago and the Assist Strength is annoying and sometimes messes me up and leaves guys wide open. I have to have full control of my defenders.

I never tried the slider on any other number except 0 or 100.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »