Home

NBA 2K12 Video - Michael Jordan vs. Kobe Bryant (Shady00018)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Video - Michael Jordan vs. Kobe Bryant (Shady00018) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #25
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K12 Video - Michael Jordan vs. Kobe Bryant (Shady00018)

I never grew up watching Jordan. But Kobe is my Jordan of this decade. This debate always bring Older people vs Young people. Lets just wait till kobe retire to rank. Even though Kobe stole Jordan swagg.

Kinda scary right???

MIAMI ALL THE WAY

MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI DOLPHINS
MIAMI MARLINS
AND THE U

Last edited by cmebfresh; 09-08-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

Aren't these the original videos? They're pretty awesome.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBreezeNY
Top 5.

It's not insane to think a player who has been a sidekick on most of his championships, watched his team blow a 3-1 lead in the playoffs as well as having some of the worst shooting percentages & performances in playoff history, not top 5.

In no order:

Magic, MJ, Duncan, Shaq, Kareem>>>>Kobe

Once again though good video.
lol, did you not see shaq fail without a good side kick? Dwayne wade got injured, Miami heat sucked big time, kobe was just as important to the la wining those 3 championships than shaq was... people just need to face that and respect the mans game! Kobe top 5 player of all time for sure! name another player his age that can do the things he do or have done?
Old 09-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 1

Mark Jackson needs to hop off Kobe's dick. Kobe has more total points. He has played longer! MJ won his last ring at 35 and he was STILL the MAIN MAN! Kobe would only have two rings if it wasn't for Shaq. And don't comeback at me with MJ would only have blah blah blah without Pippen. Just no! Pippen doesn't have 6 without MJ. MJ was THE man EVERY time. Kobe wasn't. End of story.

Who the hell was comparing their passing abilities? How many times did you see Kobe pass the ball to an open teammate for a good, quality last shot? I can't remember.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
lol, did you not see shaq fail without a good side kick? Dwayne wade got injured, Miami heat sucked big time, kobe was just as important to the la wining those 3 championships than shaq was... people just need to face that and respect the mans game! Kobe top 5 player of all time for sure! name another player his age that can do the things he do or have done?
Shaq had aged quite a bit by the time he played with Wade. In 2006 Wade took over and Shaq even admitted it was Wade's team then. In the early 2000's it was Shaq's team in L.A. Not Kobe's.

MJ won his last ring at the age of 35. That's older than Kobe is now. Also, MJ came back again with the Wizards years later and still put up 20+ per game. If MJ had access to the medical care of today dude would still be playing some how some way.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:53 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule of Two
Shaq had aged quite a bit by the time he played with Wade. In 2006 Wade took over and Shaq even admitted it was Wade's team then. In the early 2000's it was Shaq's team in L.A. Not Kobe's.

MJ won his last ring at the age of 35. That's older than Kobe is now. Also, MJ came back again with the Wizards years later and still put up 20+ per game. If MJ had access to the medical care of today dude would still be playing some how some way.
Jordan is clearly better than Bryant and this is a Laker fan talking.

Those Laker teams were just as much Kobe's team as Shaq's though...people just ignore that because Shaq dominated all those scrub big men in the NBA Finals to get the MVPs. Kobe played huge roles in all of those playoff runs as well.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:15 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Somebody tell me how Kobe is the best player of all time but wasn't even the best player during his era'?? In the early 2000s Shaq and Duncan > Kobe, and for the past 4 years or so LeBron has easily been the best in the league, even Durant this past season... Kobe had a 1 to 3 season stretch MAXIMUM of being the best player in the NBA.. Jordan was the top player from probably 87' to 98'..

Not to mention Kobe has ONLY 1 MVP AWARD! Which is the only award given as a "player" achievement.. People always seem to forget a RING is a TEAM award...

Kareem- 6 MVPs, 6 rings
Russell - 5MVPS, 11 rings
Jordan - 5 MVPs, 6 rings, 6 finals MVPs
Wilt - 4 MVPs, 2 rings
Magic - 3 MVPs, 5rings, 3 finals MVPs
Bird- 3MVPs, 3 rings, 2 finals MVPs

Other players I have ahead of Kobe- Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan..

By the time Kobe retires and I go back and re-do the list Kobe could easily pass most of the guys off of that second list.. However I never see him pass any of those top 6.. Not to mention LeBron is already on pace to be better than Kobe anyways..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #32
Rookie

Had to come back in this thread & laugh.

I could've easily brought up Kobe's performance in the 2004 Finals (.381 FG%) or the 2008 Finals

(GAME 1 Lakers Lose 88-98
9-26 24 points

GAME 2 Lakers Lose 102-108
11-23 30 points

GAME 3 Lakers Win 87-81
12-20 36 points

GAME 4 Lakers Lose 91-97
6-19 17 points

GAME 5 Lakers Win 103-98
8-21 25 points

GAME 6 Lakers Lose 92-131
7-22 22 points

For the first 3 games Kobe shot 46% and averaged 30ppg
For the last 3 games Kobe shot 34% and averaged 21.3ppg)

or his performance in the 2010 finals where clearly Pau Gasol played better than him (28.6 PPG, .405%, 3.9 APG, 3.9 TPG vs. 18.6 PPG, .478 FG%, 11.6 RPG, 3.7 APG) or his Finals series with Shaq, where Diesel won three Finals MVP's but oh no, Kobe played a big impact!

Kobe was just as good as Shaq!

Yet Shaq was the more dominant player (arguably the most dominant big man ever), asserted himself to be the #1 option which lead to plays being favored towards him, which helped him to win....guess what? An MVP while playing on the same team with Kobe.

Then you have somebody try to excuse Kobe's 3-1 hiccup by saying ohh Kobe had scrubs, well he didn't have scrubs when they had a 3-1 lead did he? Nope, instead it was Kobe once again showing how great he can be by leading a bunch of scrubs to a 3-1 lead.

LOL.

Also let's not get it twisted people, I only put those three points up in my previous post because I figured people would get that picture that Kobe is not in the same radius as MJ or his former buddy Shaq. So if he isn't even better than Shaq then how the hell can he be better than Magic? or MJ? or Kareem?

Hell if Lebron keeps up this pace he could be better than Kobe.

He's already efficiently a better shooter & has three MVP's to help his case. I didn't even post up Kobe's field goal percentage for his career or his woeful basketball IQ which leads to horrendous results or mention that he's never had a season shooting over 47%.

Oh yeah let me post a little something for people who claim he's so clutch as well:

Shots attempted with under 24 seconds left in 4th quarter or ot trailing by two or less in regular season and playoffs (from 00-01 season until now)

Carmelo Anthony - 51% (25 for 49)
Chris Paul - 41% (13 for 32)
Dirk Nowitzki - 36% (21 for 59)
Ray Allen - 35% (21 for 60)
LeBron James - 31% (21 for 68)
Vince carter - 30% (22 for 73)
Kobe Bryant - 30% (31 for 103)
Dwayne wade - 27% (15 for 56)
Joe Johnson - 26% (17 for 65)
Derrick Rose - 25% (8 for 32)
Kevin Durant - 24% (11 for 45)

Please don't let me post eFG%, XeFG% & shot location data so I can give y'all the bed-time treatment....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »