Home

NBA 2K13: How Signature Skills Have Changed the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: How Signature Skills Have Changed the Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #65
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA 2K13: How Signature Skills Have Changed the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
I'm pretty sure hotspots only applied to where players liked to set up. If I have someone on my team rated 80 in 3pters, yet their hotspot suggest they like to shoot the corner 3s, I'm pretty sure they would be able to hit from the top of the key with regularity as well.

True YOU may think to do that, but would the AI? I'm hoping that these sig skills would actually factor into how the AI approaches the game.
Tendencies are what's suppose to control AI. Which doesn't make sig skill any less useful IMO. Just because a player wants to aggressive in the passing lanes doesn't mean he has great timing and should get beat a lot trying to steal passes.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #66
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

I wonder if every player has at least one sig skill

I would guess no
Old 09-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
For instance, if a person is facing Oklahoma City and it’s a close game in the fourth quarter, it would behoove them to place a Lock-Down Defender on Durant to counter his signature Closer ability.

Explain to me how this didn't apply in every other 2K game, with the adjustment being: Place your best defender (best physical matchup + highest Defensive Awareness) on the other team's best closer (best shooter/finisher).

2K and/or its supporters acting like Signature Skills was the only way to make this necessary or imperative is just silly.
Yea man, I'm with you on this logic. This was the same thing I was thinking when those signature skills were introduced. I haven't read through what everyone else is saying, but it seems to me that some of this skills are already in 2k12, especially since we can alter everything about player from ratings to tendencies.

I think it is a good start but it will probably won't be until 2k14 that the whole aspect of signature skills are fined-tuned.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0
WHEN DOES THE DEMO COME OUT!!!!!!! IM GOING CRAZY
Old 09-14-2012, 04:33 AM   #69
Rookie

96-98 dennis rodman

post playmaker (rodman was a damn good passer as a bull) - This is a player known for hitting open guys in a good position to score when passing the ball out of the post.

break starter - This player is known for initiating fast breaks with accurate outlet passes.

hustle points (only if tips count) - This player is known for his ability to score following an offensive rebound.

bruiser - The overall size, power and relentlessness of this player will drain energy from his match-up upon physical contact.

scrapper - A hustle guy known for his ability to dive for loose balls, win boxout battles and strip rebounds from opponents.

now you do a classic player.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #70
Rookie

How does anyone know sig skills have changed the game when the game hasn't released?
Old 09-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 6

Signature skills seem to be a plus for us sim heads. I like the sound of it so more, it truly replicates how much of a chess match basketball is/can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2
i see the same isomotion and crossovers need to watch more of this and all though kobe is an all star he still can get crossed perfect example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCxrhKOhdX4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »