Home

NBA 2K13 Demo Available Now For 360 and PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Demo Available Now For 360 and PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #769
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K13 Demo Available Now For 360 and PS3, Post Impressions Here

Anyone know how to throw alley oops to teammates? I tried using 2k12's controls and it did not work.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #770
Rookie

TheSituation's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBeachLakers
Anyone know how to throw alley oops to teammates? I tried using 2k12's controls and it did not work.
X + A for XBOX. Square + X for PS3.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #771
Rookie

OVR: 13

Xbox:LT+B+X
PS3:L2+Square+X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #772
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBeachLakers
I think its either x and square or x and circle
Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #773
Chi
Rookie

OVR: 2

So after playing about, 30 matches online and a few offline, the main things i've noticed were pretty minor but could be annoying in some aspects.

I've had passes to my guards who were standing pretty close, no contact on the ball or bad pass at all yet they don't get it and it goes out of bounds...Which has cost me a couple games from it but that doesn't matter since it's only 1Q lol. Just bothers me how there was no effort to grab the ball when it wasn't even touched by a defender and a good pass where the guy was literally next to me.

Next thing would be the 3PT Shots...I like them, seem to be even on misses and makes or just the shot timing is off, but some of the "fake" 3's are my problem. I.E someone would dribble around with Mario Chalmers then just do some turn around 3 and make it, also just runners with DWade who really isn't much a 3PT shooter and make it. That's my only minor concern there.

Next is passing, I love it but the CPU when online seems to snatch it when i'm trying to make that good pass inside, maybe it's just me though...Then rebounding, tons of offensive grabs it seems, almost like someone has to grab the rebound themselfs as opposed to previous titles, which is good but still.

Besides that, I'm loving it... Graphics seem alright, I only hate the fans but they don't matter as I don't care about graphics that much, dribble moves are awesome even though a simple spin move shouldn't make someone fall. - Ally-oops are nice, animations...I'm liking it.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #774
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSituation
X + A for XBOX. Square + X for PS3.
Ahhh, Square + X. That seems kinda tough, pressing two buttons on the same side as the controller.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #775
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Loving it. I agree with almost everyone that the controls take some time getting used to, but the motions are logical and responsive for the most part. I've never been a master of isomotion and yet here I can pull off every move when I want to - as long as its done in a logical way. If I try doing spins like crazy and trying to chain dribble moves with the non stars then I find myself getting into trouble. If I take my time and use crossovers, step backs & stutter steps with the stars when its appropriate, they seem to have logical conclusions.

Everything seems to flow better at a real basketball pace and rhythm whether its on the half-court or on the fast breaks. Players feel like themselves at least on this demo. I can finally use Russell Westbrook effectively creating terror with his speed and athleticism. I can also run into quick trouble with him if I'm not careful. Overall, the sig styles are well done for these two teams.

Oh yeah, and blocks are awesome. What an improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #776

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

The players look huge and the court looks tiny. Maybe it's just the camera angle I was playing on. Also, those people in the audience who stand up and sit down every 5 seconds must be in good shape. I wish they'd tone that down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »