Home

NBA 2K13 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2012, 01:37 AM   #1161
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K13 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrivr
To a certain extent. U still cant really straight up block a dunk with the ball handler running at u, but ive been able to interrupt the animation some what by puttin my hands up more in the paint and holding L2 for intense d. I dont think they can fix the issue completely, we'll be waiting until 2k14 until this is really addressed. I dont play Miami online because this, u cant stop lebron in the paint.

They really need to focus on interior defense next year, offense is right where it needs to be, it just feels over powered because we lack the tools to neutralize it effectively. Its a shame really because 2k13 is SO CLOSE to being the best 2k ever
Thx for answering I mostly play offline....do you think sliders can improve this aspect of the game (combined with 1.02 patch)?
Last year we did get at least two patches...let's hope it will be' the same for 2k14
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #1162
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5

Quote:
After playing a couple mycareer games and some blacktop with my c (90 block, 80+ in most other related ratings) i'm very happy with how my man is finally a factor protecting the basket. I blocked two dunk attempts and some of those weak shots and layups around the basket. Most dunk attempts result in contested misses. Obviously u need to make sure you're in position. I was also glad to see that in some instances he would miss the block by an inch or two, which means it's not overpowered with inhuman reflexes/movements.

In a blacktop game with my sg (maxed out block + chasedown) i blocked 1 dunk and 2 layups. Before the patch i can't remember my sg blocking anything but jumpers on blacktop in about 50 games.

One thing i've noticed as well is that 2 player animations are triggered more often, unfortunately they get called as fouls. These were clean blocks (checked replay).

Rebounding is improved as far as i can tell. Again it's all about positioning, as it should be.

Haven't played myteam yet but from what i'm reading about the reach-in fouls and lowered 3pt % it should be fine.

The changed release will be annoying for a few games, simply a matter of getting used to it i suppose.

I never had any freezing issues and in mycareer i'll just keep losing in the finals (don't care honestly).

All in all i applaud 2k for this patch. (Except for them fixing the mycareer vc glitch, now i'll never get enough booster packs to make a great legend team)
I've taken this from another forum: so If I understand correctly.....the dunk animation will start but It will be blended to a contested layup more than before the patch right?

If yes I'll be happy with this this year....hopefully 2k14 will care more about mid-air collisions...
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4

Last edited by mauro78; 12-31-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #1163
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hello!

is there any opportunity to play with derrick rose online (PS3)?

I read somewhere that there's a way to play offline but I don't know how to do that...
thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »