Home

Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

This is a discussion on Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
We've already paid $59.99 (+tax or shipping), so that's far from being a "cheap a$$".
Honestly, buying the game doesn't prove you're not cheap. $59.99 is nothing compared to the hundreds of hours you can get out of playing the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #106
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
My Time > My Money. I'll buy whatever I want.

Now how much of that money can you get back? Anyone making a decent salary can get 10k VC in literally 10 minutes of work.

All you no lifers go get a damn job and STFU.
I hope your file gets corrupted and you lose it all. There is no way to get it back so you're ****ed in the process. Don't cry when it happens.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 0

You could actually look at VC as a positive, because it gives added choices, both as a consumer and as a user of NBA 2k13. In past editions, you could only improve your MyPlayer by playing that mode, but now you have the option to improve it by playing any mode or purchasing the ability to upgrade quicker.

I agree that the value structure is terrible, the potential for lost saves/money/time is frightening, and the cynic in me definitely sees the possibility for microtransaction abuse in the future, but as it stands right now, VC in and of itself has given more than it has taken away in terms of ways to improve your MyPlayer.

If you don't like it, vote with your wallet. If 2k13 sells half of what 2k12 did, or even sees a sharp reduction in the number of users playing MyPlayer/extremely low MyTeam usage occurs (they should be able to track this easily now that the game is constantly communicating with their servers), they'll get the message.

Complaints will be heard, but not as loud as "No one I know is going to purchase this game/play microtransaction supported modes unless changes are made."

If we don't have enough discipline to deny ourselves pleasure or convenience in order to protect what we hold dear, we will often find "value" is not what it used to be. That applies to things far more important than videogames as well.

At the very least, headbands should be free for MyPlayers without eyebrows.

Last edited by Streaky McFloorburn; 10-07-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #108
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I HATE how 2K implemented this Virtual Currency in the game. Let's be real though, it was a brilliant move by 2K from a business perspective. If I was working for 2K, I might have did the same thing to keep it real because people is going to buy this stuff regardless. Unfortunately, we will just have to get used to it. I know I won't spend a dime for VC, but A LOT of people will and it's nothing we could do about it. 2K will be making a good profit from this. Just imagine when/if they bring back Crew Mode next year. Everyone will want to start running Crew asap, so plenty of people will be shelling out real money to get their player up. I must admit, I might even drop some money for MP if Crew returns, so I won't be a 60-70 (whatever you start of as) something ovr with no accessories against people in the 90s ovr. It would almost take me probably 2 years to really be able to compete in Crew.

It's highly unrealistic to me that you have to pay for accessories though lol. Doesn't the team provide those type of things? I can understand charging VC for the new accessories that gives you boost, but for headbands, socks, and things like that is ridiculous.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #109
Rookie

Why do you care? More money for 2K=bigger budget=bigger crew=better game.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #110
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
I hope your file gets corrupted and you lose it all. There is no way to get it back so you're ****ed in the process. Don't cry when it happens.
Amen man, there's always some guy that plays the "I have a job!" card, when that's not the point at all. You get so little vc payoff for playing games that it's clear to me that it's designed to boost dlc sales. I shouldn't have to pay for accessories for my guy anyway, it's really lame that 2K is doing this.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 3
Smile Re: Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

I definitely think that VC is waaaay overvalued and I don't agree at all with paying for accessories that I could get for free! However, it was a brilliant business move! I run two businesses myself and can definitely see myself doing the same thing in their shoes because whether anybody likes it or not at the end of the day its call the video game BUSINESS for a reason. I do think it could have been implemented better though.

But I have no shame in paying for VC since I have so little time to play the game I havent ever gotten MY Player past like an 85 OVR and didn't really get to thoroughly enjoy the mode so I had no problem in shelling out a couple of bucks that I would have spent on meals or drinks at the club anyway to maximize my enjoyment of the game for the little time that I have to play it. I didn't buy the game though I rented it from Gamefly going to play it for a couple of more weeks while still using my 60 days I got free before I leave the country and send it back. But I definitely can see where you guys are coming from but life is all about perspective so it really just depends on what your situation is morally and financially that will determine where you stand on the issue. But anyway happy gaming : )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #112
Rookie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfWlj...&feature=g-u-u
found this on youtube

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »