Home

Most irritating things in NBA 2k13

This is a discussion on Most irritating things in NBA 2k13 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
@Rambo- even if you were right, and Deng was in better position for that particular rebound, how do explain the 20 other offensive boards compared to the guys 5 lol
Old 11-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #18
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Most irritating things in NBA 2k13

I'll have to say, the cpu defense some players are too good defensively, but I don't really mind i still get past them, it's just unrealistic.

Besides that the CPU shot making is ridicules, I mean I wonder why I even press the block button at times. I've seen scrubs hit fadeways, leaners floaters, over two defenders on consistently. Oh the Physics yeah they improved it but I think it's bs still. Like yesterday I had glen davis on a break and went up for a dunk, he did a layup instead and Tayshaun Prince was there and prince knocked davis on his ***, lol and of course the offensive rebounds and finishes.

edit: I hate the cpu will basically run through you if your playing great defense but you can't do that to them. Even if your player is stronger or bigger the cpu will just run as if your player isn't in position.

Last edited by jersez; 11-17-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hope they remove the sig skills. I am tired of guys like Ray Allen and Shane Battier hitting every single 3 when they are defended just because they are in the corner. Cherry picking needs to be toned down too.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I watched the video...

I played PF/C in high school and college. When I had someone sealed off like that, you WASN'T going to get the rebound from me without an over the back call unless the ball took an ungodly natural bounce over my head.

There's no way Deng should have gotten that rebound.
I play ball too and if you got a shorter dude boxing you out it's possible to reach over him (cuz yer taller) without it being an over the back. Anderson moved cuz the SF bumped him for some reason (game physics). Rebounding in this game is a challenge -- but it's entirely possible and far from broken. Watching the trajectory of the ball -- just like in real ball - and being the right position really matters. You can't just box out and pray, you gotta really watch where the ball is going to land. It can use some tweaking but it's farrr from some huge flaw that too many complain about on here.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #21
Rookie

TabooTerry's Arena

OVR: 4

2k tried to make this game more like NBA Live to me. 2k should have never brought a producer from NBA Live I would think they were trying to surpass them all these years not join up with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #22
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabooTerry
2k tried to make this game more like NBA Live to me. 2k should have never brought a producer from NBA Live I would think they were trying to surpass them all these years not join up with them.
This here just makes me laugh.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7

The biggest issue I have BY FAR is that 2K created VC as a blatant money-grab, encouraging players to either buy it with real money or figure out clever cheats to amass VC. The cost of things vs the amount of VC we can earn per game is grossly disproportionate, and the fact that it doesn't mean more to win is also ridiculous. It's incredibly frustrating. I like the idea of VC, but the implementation makes me absolutely furious. It has basically killed MyTeam for me.

The second major issue I have is the online difficulty level creating insane 3pt cheese.

Third would be the huge number of missing players and miss-rated young and/or foreign players (ie Valanciunas) a month-and-a-half after release.

Most everything else about the game is pretty sweet.

Just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 3

my biggest issue is the fact the offense is soooo overpowered.

out of all the dribble animations only the spin has a direct 'fail' for being abused. You can crossover and double cross into a defenders chest and force their way into the paint with very little consequence.

A layup animations CONSISTENTLY push defenders out of the way to allow the offensive player to get closer to the rim. Its maddening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »