Home

Re-creating 06-07 Phoenix Suns

This is a discussion on Re-creating 06-07 Phoenix Suns within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Re-creating 06-07 Phoenix Suns

Any suggestions on what to set on coaching profile such as tempo, fast break, etc?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoob
Was this the Suns with Joe Johnson or was that a year or two earlier? That was one beast of a team that Colangelo messed up when he let Joe walk. That team could have taken the west by the small hairs
The Suns had Joe Johnson in 04-05, when Steve Nash came back and changed won his first of two MVP's. 05-06 was the year that Amar'e was hurt all but three games and Nash won his second MVP. 06-07 was when Amar'e came back, Kurt Thomas started at the 5 and in the West Semis vs. San Antonio, Horry hip-checked Nash into the scorers table bringing Amar'e and Diaw off of the bench to join the scuffle with Horry. They got suspended for game 6 and lost. Out of all the Suns teams that had best chance of winning the title or at least getting to the finals, this was the team: 2006-07 Suns. Miss those teams.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
Rookie

thedoob's Arena

OVR: 9

You think so? I know they got screwed in that Spurs series, another of Stern's great strategies, but I'd rather have Joe in his prime with Nash, Mario, and Stoudemire. Amare was a freak that 04-05 season in the playoffs. Averaged nearly 40 against the Spurs in the playoffs. Around this time they also traded away picks for cash including the pick that landed Boston Rondo...imagine Rondo backing up Nash and him not having to play 37+ mins a night.

Side note: Colangelo won GM of the year multiple times over this period. smh could have been a great run for the Suns that was picked apart by a money hording owner and David Stern.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoob
You think so? I know they got screwed in that Spurs series, another of Stern's great strategies, but I'd rather have Joe in his prime with Nash, Mario, and Stoudemire. Amare was a freak that 04-05 season in the playoffs. Averaged nearly 40 against the Spurs in the playoffs. Around this time they also traded away picks for cash including the pick that landed Boston Rondo...imagine Rondo backing up Nash and him not having to play 37+ mins a night.

Side note: Colangelo won GM of the year multiple times over this period. smh could have been a great run for the Suns that was picked apart by a money hording owner and David Stern.
I'd rather have the 04-05 Nash, Joe Johnson, Q. Rich, Matrix, STAT lineup but the 06-07 Suns had the better bench. In 04-05, Barbosa wasn't the Sixth Man of the Year player he was from 2006 and the few years after that. They also brought Kurt Thomas off the bench along with Boris Diaw. The 09-10 Suns was the most complete team in the Nash era but the 06-07 team had more star power with the Matrix still being a freak.

Let's be honest, as a knowledgeable Suns fan would know, D'Antoni would've never played Rondo because he never played rookies and he never played a bench. Who knows, he might have played him for his passing ability but he couldn't hit a jumper and some would argue he still can't. They also could've kept Nate Robinson. Now that would've been an awesome backup to Nash. Thank god we finally found G. Dragic to back him up.

As far as the GM, who knows what Bryan Colangelo could've done with the team if he stayed but I can't help but think we would've turned into the Toronto Raptors 2 with all offensive, soft, European players. Initially, I hated Kerr but you saw his team come together in 09-10 with trading Shaq away, trading Bell/Diaw for J. Rich/Dudley, drafting R. Lopez, trading for the draft rights to G. Dragic, signing C. Frye and L. Amundson, and firing T. Porter and hiring Alvin Gentry. That was an awesome team that was as close as they had ever been to the finals if it wasn't for R. Artest's damn air-ball put-back in game 5 of the WCF.

Anyhow, I think Sarver is the real reason the teams never stuck together. Could've signed Johnson the year before the Hawks did and his market went up. He also got rid of Kerr after the 09-10 run. Bottom line, from 04-08, the Suns lineup was awesome and I love replicating it as well with an elite PG, shooters on the wings, a small, athletic 4 and an athletic 5 who could run the floor, hit the J, and get to the cup. It's fun in 2K to run with a lineup like the Suns of the mid-late 2000's.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

I use the Suns playbook, and run the Dantoni offense (which is now a bit different than the 06-07 runs)

PG: Creative PG that can score in different ways, handle the ball, and move around comfortably. I use Ron Harper/Aaron Brooks/Patty Mills
SG: Defensive guy who can also score. Raja Bell/Keith Bogans
SF: Defensive guy who can also score. Tony Allen/Thabo Sef
PF: 3 point shooter to spread the floor. Matt Bullard/... That guy I can't remember his name everyone uses who can shoot 3s, is athletic, is a SF, has like 99 Leap.. What is his name.. everyone uses him....
C: Brandon PF... From the Mavs... / Anyone else that you can dunk with. I use Joel Pryzbilla too.

I run a suns play every time down the floor (except against crazy defenses..)

Deeproute is a free to play GM/Coach simulator, and it's awesome.

Like us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeepRoute/102615446464773
Old 11-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by notque
I use the Suns playbook, and run the Dantoni offense (which is now a bit different than the 06-07 runs)

PG: Creative PG that can score in different ways, handle the ball, and move around comfortably. I use Ron Harper/Aaron Brooks/Patty Mills
SG: Defensive guy who can also score. Raja Bell/Keith Bogans
SF: Defensive guy who can also score. Tony Allen/Thabo Sef
PF: 3 point shooter to spread the floor. Matt Bullard/... That guy I can't remember his name everyone uses who can shoot 3s, is athletic, is a SF, has like 99 Leap.. What is his name.. everyone uses him....
C: Brandon PF... From the Mavs... / Anyone else that you can dunk with. I use Joel Pryzbilla too.

I run a suns play every time down the floor (except against crazy defenses..)

Not even D'Antoni's offense could save that team.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
All the Blake Griff/CP3 suggestions remind me more like a Kemp/Payton than a Stat/Nash..

I would try snagging Drummond and Rubio
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #16
Rookie

thedoob's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie030587
I'd rather have the 04-05 Nash, Joe Johnson, Q. Rich, Matrix, STAT lineup but the 06-07 Suns had the better bench. In 04-05, Barbosa wasn't the Sixth Man of the Year player he was from 2006 and the few years after that. They also brought Kurt Thomas off the bench along with Boris Diaw. The 09-10 Suns was the most complete team in the Nash era but the 06-07 team had more star power with the Matrix still being a freak.

Let's be honest, as a knowledgeable Suns fan would know, D'Antoni would've never played Rondo because he never played rookies and he never played a bench. Who knows, he might have played him for his passing ability but he couldn't hit a jumper and some would argue he still can't. They also could've kept Nate Robinson. Now that would've been an awesome backup to Nash. Thank god we finally found G. Dragic to back him up.

As far as the GM, who knows what Bryan Colangelo could've done with the team if he stayed but I can't help but think we would've turned into the Toronto Raptors 2 with all offensive, soft, European players. Initially, I hated Kerr but you saw his team come together in 09-10 with trading Shaq away, trading Bell/Diaw for J. Rich/Dudley, drafting R. Lopez, trading for the draft rights to G. Dragic, signing C. Frye and L. Amundson, and firing T. Porter and hiring Alvin Gentry. That was an awesome team that was as close as they had ever been to the finals if it wasn't for R. Artest's damn air-ball put-back in game 5 of the WCF.

Anyhow, I think Sarver is the real reason the teams never stuck together. Could've signed Johnson the year before the Hawks did and his market went up. He also got rid of Kerr after the 09-10 run. Bottom line, from 04-08, the Suns lineup was awesome and I love replicating it as well with an elite PG, shooters on the wings, a small, athletic 4 and an athletic 5 who could run the floor, hit the J, and get to the cup. It's fun in 2K to run with a lineup like the Suns of the mid-late 2000's.
Johnson hitting his prime with Nash, let Rondo come in as a backup with Nash at 2, Joe at 3, Matrix at 4, STAT at 5 for 20 mins a game?!? Ermagerrd I've got excitement in my pants just thinking about it. Basketboner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »