Home

Re-creating 06-07 Phoenix Suns

This is a discussion on Re-creating 06-07 Phoenix Suns within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re-creating 06-07 Phoenix Suns

I was thinking it would be fun to recreate this Phoenix Suns team. Any ideas in getting a roster similar to it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Re-creating 06-07 Phoenix Suns

I'd say getting Stoudemire back would be a good start, could probably get a realistic trade going as IRL he is struggling with an injury, got a terrible contract and just not playing great. Not sure what you'd have to offer to get him though.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Rookie

B0ss Status's Arena

I'm thinking he wants to create his own version instead of having the old guys
Old 11-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4

Steve Nash (Goran Dragic, Ricky Rubio, Grevis Vasquez)
Raja Bell (Thabo Sefalosha)
Boris Diaw (Royce White, Chandler Parsons)
Shawn Marion (Gerald Wallace, Kawhi Leonard, Michael-Kidd Gilchrist)
Amare Stoudamire (Blake Griffin, Thomas Robinson, Andre Drummond)

Leandro Barbosa (Austin Rivers, Jaryd Bayless, Roddy Beabuois, Nate Robinson)
Marcus Banks (Eric Bledsoe)
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 11-29-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

In all honesty, the team that is most like that team right now is the LA Clippers. Maybe the T'Wolves as well because they have star PG's, shooters, and star big men. But if you're going for the 06-07 Suns, their lineup is what made D'Antoni's offense work. Although a true center (K. Thomas) would start, the basis of that offense was playing small at the 4 and 5, having knock-down shooters (L. Barbosa, R. Bell, J. Jones), and ofcourse, having a pass first PG that could also get you 20 on any night.

First, you need an athletic PF (A. Stoudemire) that you can move over to the 5 that can run the floor, an excellent pick and roll player that can pick and roll and finish in traffic and can also pick and pop and hit that mid-range 17-18 footer. Chris Bosh and LaMarcus Aldridge would be ideal for this position. I really like the 05-06 Suns because of Boris Diaw. Dude was a triple-double waiting to happen and once Amare came back in 06-07, we never saw him again. He just wasn't the same player and although he was a decent bench player, he - like Amar'e - need to be the focal point of the post offense to be effective.

Next, you need and athletic, do-it-all SF (Shawn Marion) that can rebound, run the floor, play excellent D, and get 20, 10, 2, 2, 2, and knock down a couple 3's a game without having a play called for them. Josh Smith and Gerald Wallace would be ideal for this position but there are a few players that would work here (A. Iguodala, P. George, W. Chandler, T. Prince, K. Leonard, Derrick Williams, Thad Young, L. Deng, J. Green). If you want a true star, LeBron and Melo are good choices but they are the focus of the offense where as the 06-07 Suns were a PG dominated, Pick 'n Roll offense.

For your wings, just make sure that they can shoot and have speed as well. You're sixth man will have to be a combo guard that can get to the rack and hit the 3 as well. Leandro Barbosa was a perfect sixth man that you could play at the 1 or 2 but had a score-first mentality. Your SG should be a knock-down shooter but also a lock-down defender to go up against the likes of Kobe and Manu like Raja Bell was brought in for.

I love the Suns and miss those glory years dearly. If I was making a team, this is what it would look like to match them.

My Team:

PG: R. Rubio
SG: A. Afflalo
SF: J. Richardson
PF: W. Chandler
C: Blake Griffin

6th Man: J. Crawford
Back-up C: J. O'Neal (Defensive, can knock down a 15 footer)
Back-up PF: L. Odom
The rest of the bench, especially in D'Antoni's offense didn't really play all that much. Just make sure that they can shoot 3's and spread the floor.

If i was the Clippers/Wolves looking to replicate the Suns, here is what my line-up would look like:

PG: C. Paul / R. Rubio
SG: C. Billups / B. Roy
SF: C. Butler / C. Budinger
PF: G. Hill / A. Kirilenko
C. B. Griffin / K. Love

6th Man: J. Crawford / J.J. Barea
Back-up C: D. Jordan / N. Pekovic
Back-up PF: L. Odom / D. Willaims

Last edited by Richie030587; 11-29-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

This discussion helps my current project. Thanks for fleshing it out guys.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
Rookie

thedoob's Arena

OVR: 9

Was this the Suns with Joe Johnson or was that a year or two earlier? That was one beast of a team that Colangelo messed up when he let Joe walk. That team could have taken the west by the small hairs
Old 11-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #8
Just started!

Thanks for fleshing it out guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »