Home

What Difficulty You Prefer?

This is a discussion on What Difficulty You Prefer? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: Which Difficulty do you play on ?
Hall Of Fame 16 11.43%
Superstar 43 30.71%
Allstar 55 39.29%
Pro 19 13.57%
Rookie 7 5.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #17
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What Difficulty You Prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie030587
I'm just now moving up from All-Star/Sim to Superstar Sim. I don't like changing the sliders so I pose this question:

Should I play with Real FG % or Shot-Stick Timing? I usually play with Shot-Stick Timing but I want the game to be challenging but also fun/realistic. Which do you guys prefer?
That's been talked about many times. You find a lot of guys have strong opinions both ways. I think the only thing that folks tend to agree on is the percentages go down a little when you use real player percentage vs. shot stick.
I prefer the real % for that reason. However I've started to play a fair amount of My team and since real % isn't a option I have just decided to go shot stick all the way for all the game modes and let it be what it is.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
Or we don't want to see unrealistic scores for both teams at the end.
That's just an excuse to not play at the highest level. Shorten the time then.

Game on hall of fame, simulation sliders 12 minutes.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 02-05-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
People don't play on hall of fame because they can't elevate their play high enough to win doing it and get frustrated.
Or maybe people play this game for entertainment.
Virgin is hosting the 100 k tournament, go show everyone how inferior they are.

Anywho, all-star/sim feels like a realistic game and I really enjoy it this year =)
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
I like to play on hall of fame. See this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...challenge.html

Nobody can stop you on rookie. That's why I said that.

People don't play on hall of fame because they can't elevate their play high enough to win doing it and get frustrated.
Jeez give it a rest already. The whole "people don't play on this mode cuz they suck, i'm da best mane" nonsense is so overused and played out. How many times does it need to be said "just because someone doesn't like playing on HoF doesn't mean it's because they can't win, often times it's because they don't like how the game plays on HoF, regardless of if they win." Realistic basketball>HoF mode. This high and mighty attitude needs to stop.

I play on superstar with tweaked custom sliders(turned down reach in foul rate for the computer and myself, turned down the dunk in traffic slider for everyone etc.). Back in the day i used to only use default sliders and play on HoF but i've found i get more realistic and enjoyable bball with superstar custom sliders. Of course there can still be a lot of nonsense though.

Last edited by SPRINGS03; 02-05-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Jeez give it a rest already. The whole "people don't play on this mode cuz they suck, i'm da best mane" nonsense is so overused and played out. How many times does it need to be said "just because someone doesn't like playing on HoF doesn't mean it's because they can't win, often times it's because they don't like how the game plays on HoF, regardless of if they win." Realistic basketball>HoF mode. This high and mighty attitude needs to stop.

I play on superstar with custom sliders. Back in the day i used to only use default sliders and play on HoF but i've found i get more realistic and enjoyable bball with superstar custom sliders. Of course there can still be a lot of nonsense though.
I agree 100%...apparently Coach2k feels the need to display his small **** complex on video game forums

Last edited by CMH; 02-06-2013 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language cleaned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #22
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03

I play on superstar with tweaked custom sliders(turned down reach in foul rate for the computer and myself, turned down the dunk in traffic slider for everyone etc.). Back in the day i used to only use default sliders and play on HoF but i've found i get more realistic and enjoyable bball with superstar custom sliders. Of course there can still be a lot of nonsense though.
As far as that goes, I know it's a broken record. I'm telling you I am not that good. I bet more than half you guys could beat me no problem. You guys can play better.

I don't care what mode you play on. I like playing on Rookie as I stated above because it is a blast.

If I see something that I don't believe is true, I might call it out. You can get realistic scores on hall of fame mode. To say you can't, misleads people.

Sorry to offend you.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 02-05-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #23
Banned

Superstar/Simulation.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
I know it's a broken record. I'm telling you I am not that good. You guys can play better.

I don't care what mode you play on. I like playing on Rookie as I stated above.

If I see something that I don't believe is true, I might call it out. You can get realistic scores on hall of fame mode. To say you can't, misleads people.

Sorry to offend you.
Take it from someone who used to play on HoF mode all the time, playing on HoF doesn't necessarily guarantee you're playing better, winning or not. You know how many guys i've ran into in online team up, online association, and online quick matches that play on HoF that aren't that good? Hell the private online association i got invited to and played in(before i left because of cheesy playstyles) was set to HoF difficulty, and everyone in there played on HoF. None of them were very good though. I won my first match, lost my second barely, and then won my next 3 before quitting. I blew out a couple of guys honestly and a lot of them cheesed. HoF does not equal playing better, it's not that simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »