Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-2-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-2-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #89
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-2-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccy46
Jazz are the 8th seed and would be the 7th seed in the Eastern Conference. For a team who is supposedly horrible they look to be playing playoffs.As tyklug said if the Knicks were in the Western Conference they would be a 5th seed team, people are thick and see only what they want to see.
I wonder what the Heat would do in the West. Would be a great battle between Spurs-OKC-Miami. The Eastern conference is way too easy for them, they need to play better/harder teams more often. Too many games against "easy" teams in the East. So imho, their rec is a bit bloated.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
How old are you? The only other question left is whether you're a Heat, Knicks or Lakers fan...I mean seriously, do you really watch basketball judging teams on this level of thinking?

I like your logic a lot. The 8th spot being wasted by team that never gets past the 2nd round? So you do realize that the 8th spot gets to play the 1st seed in the first round, which more often than not means playing against the best record team in the league right?
Also, what does the past (weren't in the finals since 98) have to do with the present and potential playoff chances of a team?

It's quite difficult to keep track of the stuff you say. If I point out Utah has a mediocre roster, you disagree. Yet, the're "thrash"...beating the Warriors is nothing since they are mediocre...honestly, I've got no idea whatsoever what you're even talking about.
You must have forgot that OKC was a 8th seed at one time and put the Lakers in their heels with Westbrook and Durant a few years ago and Memphis a 8th seed upset the spurs a few years ago... Just because your the 8th seed it doesn't mean your just destined to lose....

The Jazz barely ever make any noise in the playoffs and every time they do make the playoffs I don't even watch the series cause I know they will lose no matter what.... That's why they shouldn't get a playoff spot
Old 04-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #91
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2008nw
You must have forgot that OKC was a 8th seed at one time and put the Lakers in their heels with Westbrook and Durant a few years ago and Memphis a 8th seed upset the spurs a few years ago... Just because your the 8th seed it doesn't mean your just destined to lose....

The Jazz barely ever make any noise in the playoffs and every time they do make the playoffs I don't even watch the series cause I know they will lose no matter what.... That's why they shouldn't get a playoff spot
The 8th seed has won against the 1st only 5 times in NBA history...it's quite simple, if you make the playoffs in an 82 games season, you've earned it.

Also, I simply can't understand your logic. Utah has been in the playoffs 8 times since 2000. They have missed the playoffs only 4 times since the 1983/84 season. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
Again, I'm not a Jazz fan...but as a basketball fan I appreciate good team ball, which is exactly what the Jazz do.
Now I understand that it's easier to root for some individual superstar since this requires no basketball knowledge whatsoever, but anyone who knows what basketball is all about might not exactly be in love with the way the Jazz play, but has to appreciate how they make the best out of the pieces they've got.

Quote:
The last time they went to the finals was in 98 and the last time they went to the conference finals was 2006.. That's trash.
Let's apply your logic to some other teams as well:

The last time the Knicks went to the finals was in 99 and the last time they went to the conference finals was 99...They haven't made it past the 1st round for the last 12 years. That's trash.

The Clippers did not go to the Finals or made it past the Conference semis even once. That's trash.

The Grizzlies never made it past the 2nd round. That's trash.

The Nuggets made it out of the 2nd round only once since 1985. That's trash.

Now having established that the NBA is a league full of trash, what's your idea to improve the way playoff spots are distributed? Clearly, outside of a few big market fan favourites, most teams seem like a complete waste of time according to your logic. So do you have any suggestions how to make the playoffs more exciting? Seems like most teams are completely undeserving of their playoff spots.

Last edited by mango_prom; 04-08-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #92
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2008nw

You must not remember when they went to the Western Conference Finals a few years ago, huh?

You're an idiot.

It's also apparent that you have literally no idea what you're talking about, because you only pay attention to a total of 5 teams: Lakers, Thunder, Knicks, Heat, and Clippers.

Your definition of a horrible team is foolish and straight-up stupid. You're more than likely a child who bases his thoughts of the NBA upon 2k.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

Last edited by JazzMan; 04-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 0

while the 2k community may hate me for saying this. Melo could use a slight upgrade for his performance during the knicks 12 game win streak. Also. Idk what Hayward did personally to the 2k insider but something is clearly not being done about his rating. James white is a 69 over Hayward smh. I also wanted to know if anyone else didnt support the fact that haslem has defensive anchor and Omer asik doesnt?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
The 8th seed has won against the 1st only 5 times in NBA history...it's quite simple, if you make the playoffs in an 82 games season, you've earned it.

Also, I simply can't understand your logic. Utah has been in the playoffs 8 times since 2000. They have missed the playoffs only 4 times since the 1983/84 season. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
Again, I'm not a Jazz fan...but as a basketball fan I appreciate good team ball, which is exactly what the Jazz do.
Now I understand that it's easier to root for some individual superstar since this requires no basketball knowledge whatsoever, but anyone who knows what basketball is all about might not exactly be in love with the way the Jazz play, but has to appreciate how they make the best out of the pieces they've got.

Let's apply your logic to some other teams as well:

The last time the Knicks went to the finals was in 99 and the last time they went to the conference finals was 99...They haven't made it past the 1st round for the last 12 years. That's trash.

The Clippers did not go to the Finals or made it past the Conference semis even once. That's trash.

The Grizzlies never made it past the 2nd round. That's trash.

The Nuggets made it out of the 2nd round only once since 1985. That's trash.

Now having established that the NBA is a league full of trash, what's your idea to improve the way playoff spots are distributed? Clearly, outside of a few big market fan favourites, most teams seem like a complete waste of time according to your logic. So do you have any suggestions how to make the playoffs more exciting? Seems like most teams are completely undeserving of their playoff spots.
I'm sorry but just making the playoffs to get swept or beat isn't impressive to me at all that's just a waste of a playoff spot... If your not even going to be able to COMPETE

The Knicks have been a Joke for a VERY long time so let's not act like them having a good season this year makes up for previous years.... This is their first time in contention to win it all they beat the heat 3-1 in the season series and were an 8th seed last year

The Clippers have had NO BANNERS till this season and they finally won a division tittle but still have been the Joke of the NBA ever since their team existed till last season when they got Chris Paul who should have been a Laker lol

The grizzlies are trash and have always been trash I though they were going to do great coming into the playoffs this year then they traded away Rudy Gay.... For cap space.... So I don't really expect much from them anymore

And what are you talking about the Nuggets were just in the Conference finals in 08-09 season and I respect the Nuggets more than the Jazz because they still Compete against any team they play against
Old 04-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #95
Rookie

Red face Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-2-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
You must not remember when they went to the Western Conference Finals a few years ago, huh?

You're an idiot.

It's also apparent that you have literally no idea what you're talking about, because you only pay attention to a total of 5 teams: Lakers, Thunder, Knicks, Heat, and Clippers.

Your definition of a horrible team is foolish and straight-up stupid. You're more than likely a child who bases his thoughts of the NBA upon 2k.
I mentioned they went to the Conference Finals but I guess you can't read at all huh? But I'm an idiot? Lol

No I base my opinion on if they are able to COMPETE and what they have done overall and it's really not much to me even when their team is HEALTHY ... I'm not impressed at all with them you just sound like a bitter Jazz fan because your favorite franchise isn't making moves to put them into contention for a title let alone compete with any other play off team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 1

lol i didnt intend to spark anything with my original comment.. was just making an observation

imo.. its irrelevant for you all to be discussing the HISTORY of squads that no longer have the same rosters
all im saying is.. (i think) the roster the jazz have now (no deron, boozer, malone, stockton) are far from threatening to anybody ..
millsap/jefferson are about the only things they have going for them, and i dont think they can be contenders until they give up one of them to get a good guard/wing... or nab a good draft pick

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »