Home

High powered teams.

This is a discussion on High powered teams. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: High powered teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Very true. Based on Synergy data, Lebron's scoring and driving attempts in the paint dropped dramatically when Hibbert was on the floor during the playoffs. Is that reflected in this game? Nope. Lebron can score in the paint like Hibbert doesn't exist.
True. Even the Cavs offense around Lebron wasn't as simplistic as casuals think. He handled the ball a lot, of course. But still, it only worked because of proper spacing and off the ball movement by the guys around him. Which isn't necessary in 2k13 at all.
You don't even have to try to open things up by using iso plays with good spacing. Just run around with Lebron, against 3 guys in the paint there's always the spin dunk ot self alley. Running plays is simply a waste of time in this game.

And the whole "Those teams are good in real life" argument is useless for another reason. If you really use the real league as the standard we should compare the game to...in real life good teams are beating bad teams most of the time, but why?
Let's say both teams have a good game plan and are executing every possession as good as they can. Take Heat vs Bobcats maybe. If Miami is playing up to their potential, they'll win most of the time. But let's say they start to play like freaking idiots...no plays being called anymore. Lebron and Wade bringing the ball up court sprinting everytime. Lebron doing 5 spin moves per possession, running into triple teams in the post. Full court press all game. Would they still beat the Bobcats? Hell no.
If you play real life basketball that way, no matter whether it's rec league or NBA, you'll get torched. Simple as that.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #18
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

OVR: 0

"Player skill and using players right way mean nothing in this game."

I disagree. I use Bobcats 95% of the time. I know their roster, their stats, their shot releases.

I have some "go-to" plays I call. Pick and pop with Henderson; Baseline double with Gordon.

I regularly beat the Heat, Thunder, Bulls, Knicks users.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #19
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGO head ray
Its virtually impposible to play solid D in this game with a mid-tier team
Again, I disagree. The Bobcats are hardly "mid-tier" but I still play solid D.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
"Player skill and using players right way mean nothing in this game."

I disagree. I use Bobcats 95% of the time. I know their roster, their stats, their shot releases.

I have some "go-to" plays I call. Pick and pop with Henderson; Baseline double with Gordon.

I regularly beat the Heat, Thunder, Bulls, Knicks users.
Do you beat them online? Though i will agree, you can beat these teams. Its just that its really frustrating. Especially when your playing right and the other guys is playing like a complete idiot, just running around until he finds an open three or a lane to the basket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
Again, I disagree. The Bobcats are hardly "mid-tier" but I still play solid D.
I completely disagree, it is impossible to play solid D in this game, unless you use zone alot. But 1on1 D in this game is almost completely useless, basically the player with the ball still can go wherever they want, its just that when you play D on them it slows them down alot more, and occasionally forces them to pick up there dribble. Dudes like lebron are nearly impossible to keep from making a dunk unless your cpu team actually decides to play smart for a while and pack the paint to keep from dunks being made(which hardly ever happens).

I will say at best solid 1 on 1 D(which is a major problem in this game) in this game is like average defense in the nba. Man to man is next to useless though, and good luck keeping melo, lebron, kd, or kobe to a low feild goal %. Cuz for some reason 2k thinks that shooting 50% from 3 and 70% from the field is realistic, even with just average D being played.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #21
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

I am a Sixers/Bulls user online. My record currently is 76-15.

I'm a sim player, and accustomed to playing in sim leagues and running plays, playing on-ball defense, etc. In the past I could take mid tier teams and beat the Lebron cheesers with ease. But there's something about 2k13....

I still get the wins, but they come in such a frustrating fashion. People that play like basketball-illiterate idiots are a lot tougher to beat this year. Sometimes I can be winning, and still feel the urge to quit because I'm being cheated beyond belief. I really believe its due to 2k taking the casual approach. ANYONE can pick up this game and dominate out of the box. Remember back in 2k9-2k11 when we had to lab in practice mode to learn and develop strategies, if we really wanted to be good? Yea, that's almost laughable now.

I think we can officially say to 2k is an arcade title rather than a simulation. It's basically NBA Jam with nice graphics.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #22
Pro

InRodWeTrust's Arena

OVR: 5

Cheesers are gonna cheese. I always use midtier teams (Mostly the Kings) against my friends who actually know how to play sim basketball. I never even play online unless its against someone I know who plays sim.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #23
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
I am a Sixers/Bulls user online. My record currently is 76-15.

I'm a sim player, and accustomed to playing in sim leagues and running plays, playing on-ball defense, etc. In the past I could take mid tier teams and beat the Lebron cheesers with ease. But there's something about 2k13....

I still get the wins, but they come in such a frustrating fashion. People that play like basketball-illiterate idiots are a lot tougher to beat this year. Sometimes I can be winning, and still feel the urge to quit because I'm being cheated beyond belief. I really believe its due to 2k taking the casual approach. ANYONE can pick up this game and dominate out of the box. Remember back in 2k9-2k11 when we had to lab in practice mode to learn and develop strategies, if we really wanted to be good? Yea, that's almost laughable now.

I think we can officially say to 2k is an arcade title rather than a simulation. It's basically NBA Jam with nice graphics.
Hell yes! I used to practice offline for hours perfecting my shot release, learning isomotion moves, and getting used to the defensive controls. From there, I would play unranked games to see what's this year's "cheese" is, then move to ranked matched.

I had winning percentages in the middle 60's in 2K9 and 2K10. I peaked in the lower 70's in 2K11. Since then, I'm barely hovering above 50%, and I've been busting my butt trying to learn this game while my opponents play like idiots.

2K11 was the only game where I could methodically play defense, and methodically tear apart the defense.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #24
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Hell yes! I used to practice offline for hours perfecting my shot release, learning isomotion moves, and getting used to the defensive controls. From there, I would play unranked games to see what's this year's "cheese" is, then move to ranked matched.

I had winning percentages in the middle 60's in 2K9 and 2K10. I peaked in the lower 70's in 2K11. Since then, I'm barely hovering above 50%, and I've been busting my butt trying to learn this game while my opponents play like idiots.

2K11 was the only game where I could methodically play defense, and methodically tear apart the defense.
and I still be whooping up on those pacers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »