Home

1-3-1 Defense going forward

This is a discussion on 1-3-1 Defense going forward within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Should the 1-3-1 Zone Defense continue to be in NBA 2K games going forward?
Yes, Keep 1-3-1 Zone Defense in the 2k series going forward. 23 31.08%
No, Remove 1-3-1 Zone Defense in future 2k games, it has no place in this series. 51 68.92%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 1-3-1 Defense going forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYoDa
What I'm saying, and ill leave at this, is the game mechanics need to be fixed, not the removal of 1-3-1
This. The 1-3-1 is the only suitable defense against turbo and 3pt cheesers. On-ball defense needs to be improved a bit. I'm a very good on-ball defender and usually play man over zone unless I'm playing against someone dribbling back and forth at the 3pt line, running around til they get an open lane with Lebron (or other op player), or spinning into the lane every possession.
These are the 3 of the biggest exploits in the game and cannot simply be beat with man defense.
Bringing an extra man over to help on d almost always leads to an open shot because man help d < zone help d. The sorry dbl team option which works only half the time isn't an option.
1-3-1 has its holes and can be easily be beat with GOOD passing and smart decision making. But the fact that if it was taken out now with the messes of defenses that 2-3, 3-2 and man are people this game would really be NBA Jam.

Note: I almost only play Myteam where the cheesers are rampant and there no limit on the exploits that will be used so I've seen this game get really bad.

Last edited by Hova Tha God; 07-31-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova Tha God
1-3-1 has its holes and can be easily be beat with GOOD passing and smart decision making.
That's only against people who don't know what they're doing. If they are playing Shookya defense, then it can't be easily beat.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #35
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Just fix how the game plays, passing, turbo, and all the other weird things in 2K. The only things I have found to stop people who turbo on LeBron is to use one of the three Zones in the game (for me, I use 2-3 Zone/Lock Down Paint) its not that its impossible to use M2M, but myTEAM is a weak 7th seed team with not much speed to lock on LeBron so I have to use a zone and rely on JaVale McGee, Thomas Robinson, and Andre Drummonds strength to stop LeBron. Not to mention those teams with Ray Allen or 3 point shooters, I do better contesting the shot/controlling perimeter guys than the paint because its unstoppable in some situations where teams aren't always even, which I understand, its not always fair, but driving all day makes me have to put in a zone and rely on my bigs.

I would keep the 1-3-1 Zone, add more defensive sets, but also fix all the gameplay mechanics that are a problem. Which there are many. It's not only a game of the NBA, but a representation of basketball. I like the options is what I'm saying. (Due to all the mods, Euroleague, International Play, etc.)

Last edited by MarvinOida; 07-31-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #36
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYoDa
1-3-1 is not a standard defence in the game nor nba,
It's an OPTION, that's my point.

Yes in the real NBA it will be scored on easily, but does the nba play freelance or use plays?

Use plays, stop whining, that's my second point.

It has been used in the NBA, in a final, against the heat. Dallas used it to stop the heat.

Yes people will cheese it, so find plays that beat their cheese.
they didn't use 131 zone in that finals series. but your right it is an option. But tell me this, why give this zone as an option when no one ever plays it in real life. Heck i see 122 zone played more often than this. I honestly can't even say ive seen a 131 ever used. 2-3, 3-2, and 1-2-2 have been. But don't ever remember 131. so why not give zone options for zones that are actually used.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 10

REMOVE IT. Are we all so called sim heads in this m f er? Some ppl are committing fraud.....LOL im just joking. All im saying is nobody cared when we didnt see 1-3-1 in previous 2k's no matter if it was a option or not, but when a guy WHO CHEATS! Tells everybody it works now ppl use it. Ppl actually talk smack when they beat u using this d like its official. Thats not real basketball. Everybody already knows that nobody uses this in real life so even if they fix the game and made it weak like it really is in real life nobody would use it b/c it wouldnt work so what would be the use of having it as an option? Its just taking up space and not forcing ppl to use their brains on how to play d, like influencing a player to their weak hand or influencing a guy to an uncomfortable pull up to his right side b/c their to busy running and turbo running around like chickens in a coupe playing off ball d all game looking for deflections instead of manning up. I have no problem if they keep it but just make useless like it is in real life, so we can have the option to use it...... LOL.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 07-31-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
they didn't use 131 zone in that finals series. but your right it is an option. But tell me this, why give this zone as an option when no one ever plays it in real life. Heck i see 122 zone played more often than this. I honestly can't even say ive seen a 131 ever used. 2-3, 3-2, and 1-2-2 have been. But don't ever remember 131. so why not give zone options for zones that are actually used.
This is a good point too. 1-2-2 and 2-2-1 should be added. They can be very effective too.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 4

Get rid of it!!!!!! It gives players who don't know how to play defense an unfair advantage.

There's nothing worse than playing someone who plays 1-3-1 (off ball defense), tweak the coaching sliders to make their players super human, and are still able to get every defense rebounds. They can sit back in that easy off ball zone, while I'm playing straight man to man.

Also you have guys that cherry pick and throw full court passes on target for a dunk after I miss (even when I'm wide open on a perfect release).

2k rewards this nonsense more than staying in front of your man playing straight man to man. I've played games online where a guy/girl played 1-3-1 the whole game. Cherry picked and a guy like Iman shumpert hitting 5-6 threes off the dribble with a hand in his face on me. Yet I can't make a wide open 3 with Martin or Durant wide open with a perfect release. Or when you move the ball to the open man, it gets bobble. Or you move the ball, but the close out speed is way too fast.

Ball movement and open shots are not rewarded like they should be.

It's sad. So just get rid of it.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

remove 1-3-1.. it's only in college... NO TEAM use this def in REAL LIFE NBA game...

add BOX IN 1 DEFENSE... NBA always used this DEF

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »