Home

NBA 2K14 Features Crew Mode - 3-on-3 or 5-on-5

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Features Crew Mode - 3-on-3 or 5-on-5 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2013, 02:32 AM   #497
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K14 Features Crew Mode - 3-on-3 or 5-on-5

Spoiler

....and minus the playcalling like @ 4:36. One thing I like about 3on3 blacktop is it's usually a full game, not too much quitting, no playcalling unless it's you and your teammates, and most importantly NO CPU.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:49 AM   #498
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
on blacktop? whose gonna show up, a couple people who leave at halftime to smoke crack?
Do you realize how narrow minded that sounds?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-19-2013, 04:47 AM   #499
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Alright, its taken 50 pages for me to reply to all this crew mess, and trust me, I've read all of the jargon that has come out of everyone's mouth. What it boils down to is this. We want crew the way it was in 2k11. The Sound of the crowd in a close game, the sound of the commentators amping you up play-by-play, the sound of your kicks squeaking on the hardwood, the sound of the crowd chanting your name MVP MVP MVp while you're at the freethrow line, the tv camera timeouts as you gather what your next move is going to be, when you come out of that time out the sound of "OH hooo hoooooooooo" when you nail that game winner against your opponent at the buzzer that you just can't replicate on the blacktop if the game is up to 21....

^^^^^Minus the hacked heights, this is what we want 2k.....

B R I N G
T H I S
B A C K!!!
ugh this video is a perfect example of why I don't really care about crew coming back, and why I hate the actual Blacktop game mode.
what's the fun in one guy running around the floor and pulling random jumpers 90% of the time, while you stand there and watch him playing solo?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #500
Rookie

OVR: 10
Seems watered down but maybe less will turn out to be more. Probably not though.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #501
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
ugh this video is a perfect example of why I don't really care about crew coming back, and why I hate the actual Blacktop game mode.
what's the fun in one guy running around the floor and pulling random jumpers 90% of the time, while you stand there and watch him playing solo?
that's just bad crew ball. don't watch that vid, and think that speaks for how everyone plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #502
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
I agree. That's what I like about 3 on 3. It lends itself to amateur ball. You are more involved as well. 3on3 is as realistic as 5on5, so that point is moot. I wonder how many of the really vocal crew players play positions that don't see the ball a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #503
Rookie

xx13cloud's Arena

Hopefully they atleast fix the 3v3 because in blacktop people just run in circles and shoot 3s which its good they added stamina but hopefully it means something and hopefully not every shot goes in especially bad shot selections. They need to reward people with good defense
Old 08-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #504
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx13cloud
Hopefully they atleast fix the 3v3 because in blacktop people just run in circles and shoot 3s which its good they added stamina but hopefully it means something and hopefully not every shot goes in especially bad shot selections. They need to reward people with good defense
Absolutely agree with that. That is where I agree with the sim guys: the game rewards bad, ie casual, behavior far too much. It's focuses so much on "fun", but how is forcing your opponent into a tough shot only to have him drain it in your eye fun?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »