Home

NBA 2K14 Feature List Revealed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Feature List Revealed within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #249
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 Feature List Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
If you read the list they've said they've enhanced the passing. ...
2k has said that they've enhanced the passing. What exactly that means we have yet to fully see. As said before: the devil is in the details. Making new animations for "flashy" passes that work with the same efficiency as every other is not exactly "improving" passing in a significant way. We'll see eventually what they actually have improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Since we complain about the passing every year must prove that it's harder than we think to have it work perfectly
Different people press the analog sticka in different ways and different directions so I don't know think it's something that can be universally fixed so that it works perfectly for everyone.
They have said over the years that there are basic hard core issues with their passing system; perhaps this equation will change with increased nextgen capabilities.

Never-the-less, there are still things that can be done to help right now: For example, the indicator telling us who is receiving the pass can be enhanced. Perhaps the yellow circle that is used in play-calling can be used to better highlight the intended receiver. Or make it a bright red circle instead of a black/grey circle that blends in with many arena floors...

As I said in the quote above you just need to make it sufficient for most people - not perfect for everyone.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #250
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
They have said over the years that there are basic hard core issues with their passing system; perhaps this equation will change with increased nextgen capabilities.

Never-the-less, there are still things that can be done to help right now: For example, the indicator telling us who is receiving the pass can be enhanced. Perhaps the yellow circle that is used in play-calling can be used to better highlight the intended receiver. Or make it a bright red circle instead of a black/grey circle that blends in with many arena floors...

As I said in the quote above you just need to make it sufficient for most people - not perfect for everyone.
The biggest problem with that aspect of passing is that there are just FAR too many different ways and reasons people pass the ball. It because mind reading because no particular solution is that much better than the next. It's not about CPU power. It's about finding a balance. But there are passing issues that go beyond getting the guy you meant to pass to - picking the pass that looks right for the situation. That isn't easy either.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #251
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

I think they forgot to put this on the list.
Sim to any part of the game and play.

Every other sports game has it, why does 2k not have this in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #252
Just started!

OVR: 10

So Creating a Legend isn't coming back? I didn't see it on the list....
Old 08-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #253
Banned

KingofATL's Arena

OVR: 1
Biggest welcomed addition to me = Dynamic Living Rosters® powered by Stats, Inc

THANK YOU 2K!!!!.... GOD BLESS YOU!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #254
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Just wanted to point out... This is by no means an exhaustive list of features. There are a number of other improvements, like contact in the paint, that we left off the list. So don't assume that if it's not listed, it's not in the game. That's all I wanted to say. Carry on.
can we finally draw contact when ballhandlers are standing directly under the rim??? This is a 2k13 standing dunk cheesers best friend and most used tactic
Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #255
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Why that bot quoted me?

Hahaha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #256
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Disappointed to see that there is no emphasis on improving association mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »