Home

Top 10 useless signature skills in 2K13

This is a discussion on Top 10 useless signature skills in 2K13 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #25
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Top 10 useless signature skills in 2K13

I think ratings are enough for superstars to stand out in the deciding moments of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 10

Charge Card is definitely the most useless of them all. Next I would probably say Heat Retention.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

In my opinion no signature skills should boost attributes. Like with Floor General, Chris Paul just being on the floor doesn't magically make his teammates better. He "makes them better" by controlling the game tempo, hitting them in their spots in rhythm and just being a nice teammate. I know it's kind of hard to represent in a video game, but still, arbitrary ratings boost are bad imo. Why should someone need scrapper? Don't Hustle and Offensive/Defensive Rebounding attributes already take care of that?

And now to respond to the OP, Scrapper seems kinda useless on HOF against the CPU because they, in a sense, all have Scrapper built in. All CPU players react instantly anyway and then they get a 10 or 20 point Hustle boost on HOF. So as far as getting loose balls, Scrapper is useless on HOF.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Pretty solid list in the OP. Yeah, CC does absolutely nothing for me. The few charges I've drawn have been by guys without it.

In theory I can see how Dimer is effective but, when I'm playing Association, sometimes my PG will make a pass to a teammate some 10 feet behind the arc and it triggers. I can't believe the game would expect me to try a contested 35-ft jumper at that point. IDK if that's just some weird glitch or what....maybe it works better in MC/MP.

Agree that Brick Wall is fun....it's worked pretty well for my MP. I'm routinely putting guys on the floor.

Also agree on the Microwave/HR/Antifreeze triangle too. I could see having one of these but probably not two and definitely not all three (unless you really want to be offensive minded player). Me, I'd take Microwave, if only for the supposed boost on D you also get.

I've been a big fan of the Sig Skills overall though, and am excited to see how they improve on 'em for '14.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #29
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Heat Retention is not useless

If you use Curry and get on fire, you'll be sh*tting on the other team for a while

Dimer is also not useless, like others have said, it makes the player that passes it not do slow floaty passes and ensures that the person receiving the ball catches it properly so that they are more likely to score

There are only like 4 players with Brick Wall so its not that useful I agree

Charge Card is the most useless

Taking charges in this game is a joke, you'll get into position then the offensive players will run into you and you'll slide backwards into the restricted area and fall down.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #30
Rookie

Andrews's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I think ratings are enough for superstars to stand out in the deciding moments of the game.
Just to further the closer discussion, I think the signiture skill should include forcing the coach to keep the player on the court in the 4th quarter. I dont' know how many times I have played the Thunder or the Lakers and Kobie/Durant are sitting on the bench in the 4th "resting".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »