Home

NBA 2K14 Video - San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat (Gamescom)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat (Gamescom) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #41
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: More videos from Gamescon!

The problem with two player animations is that all the other players will get pushed around and will slide if they come in contact with the animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
The problem with two player animations is that all the other players will get pushed around and will slide if they come in contact with the animation.
That's better than sliding between everyone and the person with the ball (as well as each other) ALL THE TIME.

So far, removing two player animations have only exacerbated the problems two player animations supposedly cause.

They just need to be interruptible when it makes sense for the player to retain some control. Getting dunked on (when appropriate) is not one of those instances.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

i am not feeling that "layup" by james i think it was the one where he got fouled... that was clearly an up an under... and guess what... you actually foul them now lol so cheesers are stronger than ever.

i take back every praise i gave 2k with 2k14.. it looks like the same crap over again... danny green goes unconstested but we could say that the guy could not ddefen well because of the camera angle but oh man.... i hope 2k patches this game and dont leave us in the dark

Click here to watch something funny (2K14)
Old 08-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
All 2K needs to do is tweak how often the dunk-on gets triggered, how much stamina you need, how much free space you need, what speed you need to be while doing it, the height and vertical differences between the players, morale level, and add a random or scaling factor to reduce or increase dunk-ons to a realistic level.

At the same time, they could add additional 2-player animations that favor the defender. Contact dunks-to-layups, missed dunk attempts, blocked dunks (sound familiar?), with unwise dunk attempts being sent back and the dunker falling to their butt.

Balance it all out with proper tuning, and the game would be massively improved while they go on to work on a better, more dynamic contact engine..
When they first posted those team up vids about being able to block dunks, I asked(and a couple people chimed as well) if we can get contact on dunks if we don't get the block, impede the dunker's momentum or turn it into a layup. The social media guy, who answered several other people's questions, didn't respond, which I took to be a bad sign. But beluba posted later on that there was better contact, so I hope that involves dunks after the animation is started.

I wish someone at gamescom could just try to dunk on everybody with Lebron constantly and see if his dunk animation ever gets interrupted or changed into a layup. If that happens then defense could be really on point his year, with the additions of better blocking and on ball D.

Last edited by Slava Medvadenko; 08-23-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #45
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba
i am not feeling that "layup" by james i think it was the one where he got fouled... that was clearly an up an under... and guess what... you actually foul them now lol so cheesers are stronger than ever.

i take back every praise i gave 2k with 2k14.. it looks like the same crap over again... danny green goes unconstested but we could say that the guy could not ddefen well because of the camera angle but oh man.... i hope 2k patches this game and dont leave us in the dark
You've seen a maximum of 7 minutes of gameplay. Don't jump to conclusions.

Sent using Tap a Talk

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #46
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Dunks in Traffic should be a special event like having a meter build up like a fighting game. Regular dunks if you are open no prob but there needs to be a risk reward. Go strong get bodied by a bigger player will deplete stamina.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 08-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #47
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20

I have to admit, I wasn't impressed with what I saw. Then again, fancy graphics and animations have never impressed me. I won't know if I like it until I feel the game on the sticks and see if it feels more like real basketball when I sim it out in a 12 min quarter game.

Right now, I don't see much difference from 2K13 honestly.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #48
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba

That wasn't an up an under, as he never pump faked.

And you are jumping to a lot of conclusions, considering the fact we haven't even gotten our hands on a demo yet. Relax.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »