Home

NBA 2K14 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (DaWolf)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (DaWolf) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:39 AM   #57
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Those are pretty huge exploits.
Those were big exploits. But the rest of the gameplay was balanced very well to me. Now, for Crew Mode the hopstep was pretty bad because mostly everyone's big man was like 6'10"+ w/ a 99 standing dunk. When it came to regular games, it wasn't that bad because a lot of bigs couldn't do it with ease.

2K12 and 2K13 had a lot more problems imo.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #58
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (DaWolf)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Wasn't it with 2k8 where people were crying about missing lay-ups and open jumpers?
They were casuals crying because they don't understand that NBA players don't shoot 100% when open
Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #59
All Star

OVR: 32
You mentioned at the end different defensive schemes for the Euroleague teams. Can you explain that a little more?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #60
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
You said you had some trouble getting use to the new stick controls but from your experience how did the dribbling feel? Beside occassions where you would accidentally put up a shot did the dribbling/crossovers feel more responsive/quicker(closer to 1 to 1 control) or similar to 13 just with a modfied control input? One of my complaints of past 2ks is that dribbling doesnt have that feel of control and freedom because you are a slave to the animation.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Those are pretty huge exploits.

The thing is 2k11's perimeter defense by way of bumping was patently illegal. There would be six fouls called on each possession. I liked where subsequent games went with the perimeter defense.

It did have incredibly immersive graphics though. I really thought the overhaul took several steps back in 2k12 and beyond.

Anyway, here's hoping next gen 2k14 plays like an improved, well patched 2k13 and looks phenomenal.
2K11's hop-step and pump fakes weren't unstoppable. Like jrocc23 says, "the gameplay was balanced..." I agree with that.

The lack of spacing, lack of interior presence, and zero perimeter defense made NBA 2K12-13 difficult for me to play.

Also - 2K11's presentation is by the best - and that "feel" you get with individual players stands out way more than in 12-13.

From a gameplay standpoint - my only real issue is with fastbreaks, but I rather have them on occasion than a super free flowing dunk fest with zero defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Post game hard to answer dont know what you mean with usable. Didnt use it much tbh. New jump shots are included. Duncan for sure, Wade a little different, lebrons was a lot better, bosh the same. they all feel a little better because of the faster reaction times.
When you say that Wade's shot was 'different', was it different good or different bad?
Old 08-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 17
This Blog Pretty much Somes up what i said in a blog months ago....checkit out..http://www.operationsports.com/yaboythecib/blog/22926-has-the-nba-2k-series-which-a-ceiling-with-hd-consoles-ps3xbox-360pc/#comments
Old 08-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #64
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0
It disgusts me in these reviews when they say, "This may be the best game to date" and in the same sentence say, "It feels like last year's game." Make up your mind and stop pacifying these companies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »